+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard 51/Nightblade 10/Sab 5? Help please.

Default Bard 51/Nightblade 10/Sab 5? Help please.

Does this really suck?
    I want YOUR opinion since I am rolling Bard and playing Bard whilst leveling and such.

Nightblade 10p for:
    Blazing Fury (5p): Increases the damage done by your combo generated abilities by 15%
    Coup de Grace (5p): Increases the damage of your finishers by 15%

Saboteur 5p for:
    Nimble Fingers (5p): Increases your Dexterity by 15%

And 51p on Bard.

What say you?
    Thoughts?
    Flame on?

Please!
    Last edited by Perennial; 02-22-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    |GM <Adulruna Rediviva> |EU: Bloodiron - PvP| Forever Bard - Guitar Hero on crack. Haters gonna Hate|

You will want to max out 3/3 Unstable State for 9% damage boost to your attacks in Nightblade too.

I usually go 0 pt Saboteur for just snare bomb. So it would be 51/13/2 for you.
    Last edited by Primera Stark; 02-22-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    {SWG}

Quote Originally Posted by Primera Stark View Post
    You will want to max out 3/3 Unstable State for 9% damage boost to your attacks in Nightblade too.

I usually go 0 pt Saboteur for just snare bomb. So it would be 51/13/2 for you.
    Oh, how could I miss that one? Perfect. Cheers.

So, 51/13/2 isn't too bad then?
    |GM <Adulruna Rediviva> |EU: Bloodiron - PvP| Forever Bard - Guitar Hero on crack. Haters gonna Hate|

Quote Originally Posted by Perennial View Post
    Oh, how could I miss that one? Perfect. Cheers.

So, 51/13/2 isn't too bad then?
    It depends on your preference. I wasnt sure how much does dex affects our spells so I picked up the Death and Fire attunement talent in Nightblade and made my 3rd soul 0pt Riftstalker or Bladedancer, or even Saboteur for PvP.
    {SWG}

Almost all of the healing spells and some buffs is increased by Dexterity.

IMO anything over 36 points in Bard soul is a waste. Talented Composer, Stage Presence, Deafening Music, Extended Grief.. all very lackluster improvements. Only reason to go over 36 points would be to maybe get the 44 point heal - but it's on a 1 minute cooldown so that's very much a turn off for me.

P.S. Bard damage and consequently healing is impacted by attack power. Dexerity is just one of the vairables in attack power - the other is Strength and pure +AP stats/enchants on gear, if you want higher passive heals you'll want to max out 5pts in Riftstalker, which also gets you a nice teleport. As good or better than a snare, depending on a situation.
    Last edited by Rykin; 02-22-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Perennial View Post

Nightblade 10p for:
    Blazing Fury (5p): Increases the damage done by your combo generated abilities by 15%
    Coup de Grace (5p): Increases the damage of your finishers by 15%

Please!
    Attack Power helps more than dex from what I have read. Which is in the Riftstalker.
    Blade Dancer has + to hit, which from what I read helps later in the game.

My Question about Coup de Grace is what do you want it for. If its to up your coda of Wrath then sweet. If it is to up your coda of restoration, it won't apply so its 5 points that could be spent else where.

When I group (PvE / PvP) I want to do more healing than dps so I am skipping Coup de Grace. For solo who knows, never got that high where I had the points to spend on it.

Soulwalker

I'm doing a very similar build, 51/10/5 (bard, nightblade, saboteur), but in nightblade i'm taking:

Blazing Fury 5 pts
    Unstable state 3 pts - Increases the damage of your non physical attacks by 3/6/9%
    Coup de Grace 2 pts

As far as I know (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), cadence is considered non-physical damage, even though it uses our weapons for base damage - which in that case will be increased by unstable state.

As for riftstalker vs saboteur, I went with saboteur - but only because I'm partial to the sticky grenade. So it's more a playstyle choice than anything.

And clearly I went all the way into the bard tree for Motif of Encouragement. ;)

If its for PvE only I'd say look into Bladedancer for the +hit.
    If you intend to mix in PvP I'd say look into not maxing Bard to 51 and putting a lot into Riftstalker, as you're going to get targeted a lot and you can use RS defenses to make up for the fact you can't burst heal yourself.

So which bard 51/??/?? Would you recomend for full grp/pve/support?

Would be nice to know.

I personally plan to go 51 Bard/10 Nightblade/5 Bladedancer for my PvE Bard build. I well and truly *HATE* missing when our primary combo builder is 50 Energy.

That sounds good as well!

Any other suggestions?

What about Riftstalker 5p to get 'Unseen Fury', 15% Attack Power?

+ Reply to Thread