+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedaner leveling fun!!

Telaran

Default Bladedaner leveling fun!!

So before beta 7 ended, I decided to try the other souls I had. I didn't get them all, I only had my Bard/Ranger/Sin/Bladedancer/NB. I started at level 1 with bard > ranger > NB. Worked very well, no downtime. Ended up going Sin/Ranger in the 20's. Once I hit 28 I tried out Bladedancer/Sin.

The Bladedancer was a very fun soul, but it's a soul that relies on dodging. Cool in theory, but it doesn't work out that way. There was so much downtime. The Bladedancer does get combo points super fast, and their damage isn't bad at all actually.

Then it hit me, Rift Scavenger. I didn't think about it, but the Tier 3 talent from the Riftstalker soul. This talent is abosultely awesome with Bladedancer IMO. It heals for 6%hp per combo point left over when you kill a mob.

So with that talent, if I know there are a good amount of *melee* mobs, I can pull maybe 6 or so. pop Side Steps, boosts your dodge greatly. That will make you survive longer, but dodging will do a few other things for you.
    *It lets you strike back with BOTH weapons.
    *It gives you 10% more damage for 10 seconds.
    *It activates "Reprisal"(easy dmg, easy combo pt, off GCD).
    *Gives your next Combo Point building attack an extra combo point.

What you do is spam Twin Strike, only hits 2 targets I believe, but thats fine. You also have a finisher that does AOE damage, I forget how many targets it can hit. Don't cycle through targets with Twin Strike trying to keep all the mobs at the same health, or you'll kill yourself in the end.

Also, be smart about when to use finishers. Use them maybe 1-2 times, the rest is Twin Strike, Reprisal and the other damaging attacks basically. When a mob is getting low health, try to get 5 CP's and kill him, you will heal 30% hp, easy I know.

It was just a good change to me. I was getting bored of using the Ranger soul. The Bladedancer was a lot of fun to me though, it seemed very fast, good damage, combo points came very quickly.

I used http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MpVM.Vhbh.xbdIh0RR but I didn't try the other talents like "BLade FInesse for 50% increase auto attack damage". But this is what I used for the first time trying, anyways, enjoy.
    NB could work better, but no

EDIT: the link to the build. I used Assassin as my third soul just for the poison for extra damage.
    Last edited by Shragman; 02-22-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shragman View Post
    So before beta 7 ended, I decided to try the other souls I had. I didn't get them all, I only had my Bard/Ranger/Sin/Bladedancer/NB. I started at level 1 with bard > ranger > NB. Worked very well, no downtime. Ended up going Sin/Ranger in the 20's. Once I hit 28 I tried out Bladedancer/Sin.

The Bladedancer was a very fun soul, but it's a soul that relies on dodging. Cool in theory, but it doesn't work out that way. There was so much downtime. The Bladedancer does get combo points super fast, and their damage isn't bad at all actually.

Then it hit me, Rift Scavenger. I didn't think about it, but the Tier 3 talent from the Riftstalker soul. This talent is abosultely awesome with Bladedancer IMO. It heals for 6%hp per combo point left over when you kill a mob.

So with that talent, if I know there are a good amount of *melee* mobs, I can pull maybe 6 or so. pop Side Steps, boosts your dodge greatly. That will make you survive longer, but dodging will do a few other things for you.
    *It lets you strike back with BOTH weapons.
    *It gives you 10% more damage for 10 seconds.
    *It activates "Reprisal"(easy dmg, easy combo pt, off GCD).
    *Gives your next Combo Point building attack an extra combo point.

What you do is spam Twin Strike, only hits 2 targets I believe, but thats fine. You also have a finisher that does AOE damage, I forget how many targets it can hit. Don't cycle through targets with Twin Strike trying to keep all the mobs at the same health, or you'll kill yourself in the end.

Also, be smart about when to use finishers. Use them maybe 1-2 times, the rest is Twin Strike, Reprisal and the other damaging attacks basically. When a mob is getting low health, try to get 5 CP's and kill him, you will heal 30% hp, easy I know.

It was just a good change to me. I was getting bored of using the Ranger soul. The Bladedancer was a lot of fun to me though, it seemed very fast, good damage, combo points came very quickly.

I used http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MpVM.Vhbh.xbdIh0RR but I didn't try the other talents like "BLade FInesse for 50% increase auto attack damage". But this is what I used for the first time trying, anyways, enjoy.
    NB could work better, but no

EDIT: the link to the build. I used Assassin as my third soul just for the poison for extra damage.

I like the idea, also would the +30%healing effects on self affect the amount healed when your 5 combo pt target fell? My build is quite diff but is survivability and I am wondering if it would heal for essentially 40% of your total hp (30% of 30 is 10) everytime someone dropped. My build had 2900 total hp at lvl 26 so it would be a huge boost and I am a little sad I passed on this ability in beta 6 + 7 if it works like that.

Rift Disciple

ditch assassin, get bard instead: 1 endurance buff and a passive endurance buff. Fill out Great Fortitude as well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    I like the idea, also would the +30%healing effects on self affect the amount healed when your 5 combo pt target fell? My build is quite diff but is survivability and I am wondering if it would heal for essentially 40% of your total hp (30% of 30 is 10) everytime someone dropped. My build had 2900 total hp at lvl 26 so it would be a huge boost and I am a little sad I passed on this ability in beta 6 + 7 if it works like that.
    An increase of 10% which costs 3 talents isn't worth it for me. How much health do you per mob, surely not more than 25%.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by johnny5 View Post
    you heal 30% of your max hp, so it can only be increased through more endurance.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by derphil View Post
    ditch assassin, get bard instead: 1 endurance buff and a passive endurance buff. Fill out Great Fortitude as well.
    Considering I was only level 29 I couldn't. I could get the Great Fort talent maxed, but I didn't want to lose my charge ability and the extra CP on dodge. I only did a little area of questing in the Gorge before beta 7 ended, and I didn't really get to test my build fully.

Rift Disciple

For 12 points in Bard you get a relatively powerful group heal and a couple of buffs. You trade either 15% attack power or survivability talents for survivability talents. The real upside is you don't have to save combo points for healing, and you can heal whenever you want.

Telaran

So check this out:

Took from the idea about the self healing and went up to 20 points in SIN for Leeching poison (20% chance to heal on hit) and Magnify Pain (increases healing bonus by 20% - not sure what that means exactly). I wonder if the poison potency skill increases the healing done by Leeching poison - says damage only?

The BD skills are up in the air, but i think this seems pretty nice for leveling/pvp.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oRR0dz.0AMcx0b

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by trutanen View Post
    For 12 points in Bard you get a relatively powerful group heal and a couple of buffs. You trade either 15% attack power or survivability talents for survivability talents. The real upside is you don't have to save combo points for healing, and you can heal whenever you want.
    Again, I was level 29...TWENTY NINE. If a mob is going to die from your combo point builders, then it works out. Instantly heal for 900 or so or let a hot slowly tick and not save your while being pummeled by a group of mobs?

riftstalkers with bard are invincible, you can pull 5 mobs and take 0 dmg if you get all your buffs up first (i dont recommend pulling 5 till after u killed one to trigger buffs), i use bladedancer as 3rd soul but it's more a riftstalker leveling build than a bladedancer lvling build, same skill really just frontload riftstalker is all.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shragman View Post
    Again, I was level 29...TWENTY NINE. If a mob is going to die from your combo point builders, then it works out. Instantly heal for 900 or so or let a hot slowly tick and not save your while being pummeled by a group of mobs?
    There's no need to be hostile. I was merely offering a suggestion. Anyway at level TWENTY NINE, you have THIRTY EIGHT points to spread around. You have enough to put a decent amount in a secondary tree, and while riftstalker has definite upsides, so does bard.

I don't think it's very efficient to pull a lot at a time while leveling anyway unless you have efficient AE, which you don't have at level TWENTY NINE bladedancer, but it can certainly be more fun that way. And that's what we're here for, fun.

Telaran

I was considering Bladedancer/Bard.

Starting out with your points being primarily spent in Bard for the first 23 levels (leftovers into bladedancer).

Being a bard gives you:
    -No downtime thanks to your HoT
    -Channeled damage/heal that also is highly efficient at building combo points.
    -Heal finisher
    -A 20% boost to runspeed, both in and out of combat
    -A significantly large Str and Dex long term buff
    -A number of other short term buffs, including +5% crit, +attack power, and -5% damage taken
    -Automatic instant 5 combo point cooldown

All of these things compliment what the bladedancer really needs most for leveling. It gives good healing options in battle, reduces your downtime (that you would have due to lack of self-healing), and gives you a movement speed buff that will help you get from mob-to-mob faster and also to get to quest objectives faster.

Add Sab as a third soul for only 5 points so that you can get a total of +32.25% dex (more AP, crit, dodge).

Gunning for 38 Bladedancer, 23 Bard, 5 Sabateur seems like it would be an absolute leveling juggernaut.

+ Reply to Thread