+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Better souls for a fast solo leveling?

Smile Better souls for a fast solo leveling?

I was thinking about Night Blade as main. Which other two souls would you recomend me? I don' care that much about survivability, just about the damage.

Soulwalker

In beta i leveled as MM/ranger/bard

Worked out really well.. Ranged attacks and pet to tank + the heals from bard.. Gave me little to no downtime .. And pretty fast kills..

Quote Originally Posted by Hybber View Post
    In beta i leveled as MM/ranger/bard

Worked out really well.. Ranged attacks and pet to tank + the heals from bard.. Gave me little to no downtime .. And pretty fast kills..
    I tried exactly the same combination but when I got the wolf it didn't tanked well so I had to run all the time from the mobs :\

Plane Touched

dont matter how much dps you can do solo if you are dead tbh. I would suggest something with Bard so you have healing/buffs/debuffs and no down time. You take anything without healing and while your Dps might be good quickly killing your down time for healing back up will totally counter act it.
    Other ways too go upto 30 at least is ranger and get your pet too tank while you Dps then again if your threat is too high the enemy will probably still turn on you

Rift Master

Most likely sab, once you get silent setup you can pretty much 1hit mobs before they even aggro to you.

The wolf is not a tank pet, it has no taunt. You have to keep using the boar if you want a tank, the wolf is for dps.

I dont like ranger. I find 12 bard 3 assassin 10 night blade to be a good build at lower levels

Keeping in mind you use nothing from nightblade but the passives. cadence -> power chord -> final blow -> repeat.

Plane Walker

These are my current leveling builds (I put the 50 versions up). They're specced heavily into MM and Ranger, allowing you to have both DPS and survivability (Greater Razorbeast).

While leveling before lvl 30, you can get away with not putting any points into Ranger. But once you get over the 30 hump, you'll have to put points into it in order to get the Greater Razorbeast (Regular Razorbeast stops leveling at 30).

I have 2 builds, one with assassin for the third soul, and the nightblade for the other:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...hx0V0Auzo.0VMc
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xhx0V0Auzo.V0x

EDIT: Since serrated blades is now being nerfed (only usable in melee). Nightblade is probably the better option.
    Last edited by Neykho; 02-22-2011 at 02:53 AM.

What about NB/MM/RS?

Soulwalker

Leveled as MM/Ranger/Sab to 28 with most points in MM and points in ranger for the pet heal. Never had a time where I needed to heal myself. Only problem I had was mobs that spawned on top of me. I just got my pet to taunt them off. Used the Sab aoe snare to run past mobs I didn't want to kill.

Rumor is they are nerfing MM damage. So it might not be that easy mode on release.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorm View Post
    I don' care that much about survivability, just about the damage.
    Everyone has to worry about survivability. If are dead you are not DPSing. That being said every build (except those that have the luxury of having someone tank for them) requires some way to stay alive.

Rangers stay alive though their pet. If you chose this method of survivability past 30, you must get the upgraded boar and use it (not the wolf).

Marksman stay alive though running away and keeping distance (aka kiting). I find this to be fine in PvP but hate it in PvE since you have to be really careful not to run into anything.

Riftstalker stays alive by being a tank (damage mitigation). Any solo melee build should really be using riftstalker. The stalker phase (+15% damage) and sentinel phase (tanking mode) really allow one to switch between DPS and Survival easily.

Bladedancer stays alive through dodging... but this is not enough to keep them alive if things get really scary.

Assassins stay alive through CC and running away if things get scary through Slip Away... but unless you have 31 points in Assassin for slip away, they are very squishy whenever things go south.

Saboteurs stay alive by killing things before they are noticed. But they just go splat any time things don't go so well so they really need another survival method from another soul to pair up with.

Riftstalkers just plain go splat. They really need another soul to help them stay alive.

Bards can keep themselves alive for a long time... but if they don't have another way to stay alive from another soul, they will be sitting in battle for a looong time just cadencing.

That being said, no matter what you build, I highly recommend it include either

A) Marksman for ranged and kiting (just don't expect to melee and watch out for adds)
    B) 18+ points in Riftstalker for guardian and stalker phase (man, this soul is just great for soloing if you don't want a pet)
    C) 24+ points in Ranger for Greater Razor Beast

I tried exactly the same combination but when I got the wolf it didn't tanked well so I had to run all the time from the mobs :\
    lol.

the wolf is not a tank pet.

I was thinking about Night Blade as main. Which other two souls would you recomend me? I don' care that much about survivability, just about the damage.
    I leveled as an Assassin, Sab, BladeDancer. No pets, no heals, no problems. DPS output was substantial, when I got adds I'd use evade boosting finishers or Evade cooldowns.

Evga 790i Ultra - Q9650 Quad @ 4.0ghz - 4gb Patriot Viper DDR3 2000mhz - 2x EVGA GTX560Ti in SLi
    - 1x EVGA GTX460 dedicated Physx - 2x 300gb WD Velociraptors Raid - 2x Patriot 120gb Inferno SSD Raid 0 - Win 7 Ultimate Sig Edition x64

My fav build in beta (and the one I'll be keeping in retail) is Bard/Riftstalker/Nightblade

Here's my build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....EIdqioskqz.Vh

Shadowlander

I never leveled past 25-ish with the Ranger. I saw that someone said that greater razorbeast will keep leveling past 30. Does anyone know if this is true? Will it level all the way to 50?

Sorry for the newb questions and I appreciate any help you can give.

Someone have a good ranger/mm/bard?
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast