+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did Anyone Play a Ranger in AOC?

Shadowlander

Default Did Anyone Play a Ranger in AOC?

Rangers in AOC were never FOTV, or OP. In fact they were gimp pretty much the whole time.

However, being able to fade in and out of stealth, track people and ninja around for PvP was very cool. Coming out of stealth, murdering someone, then fading away before their friends could retaliate was fun times.

Are there any builds which can do similar in Rift?

I'm mainly talking about ranged capabilities, since my geography prevents pings amenable to melee

Quote Originally Posted by Xierg View Post
    Rangers in AOC were never FOTV, or OP. In fact they were gimp pretty much the whole time.

However, being able to fade in and out of stealth, track people and ninja around for PvP was very cool. Coming out of stealth, murdering someone, then fading away before their friends could retaliate was fun times.

Are there any builds which can do similar in Rift?

I'm mainly talking about ranged capabilities, since my geography prevents pings amenable to melee

Ranger was a cool class in AoC, true.

Firstly, there is no tracking in RIFT, at least none that would be compareable to AoC. There are certain classes which at some point get an ability that allows them to track for specific Mobs, ie. fire creatues for pyromancers par example.
    Also stealth is nothing like in AoC. The main difference is that it only lasts for some 30 sek. and then has a cooldown for some 10 or 15 sek. if I remember correctly.
    The closest you can get to an AoC Ranger is probably a Marksman/Ranger/Assassin combination. Take Marksman as your main soul, 4 points into Assassin in order to get Stealth and all the rest into Ranger. However this might not be the best soul combiation for all play styles, but if you like to solo a lot and pvp in enemy territory by griefing questing players this can be quite a good choice. For warfronts however I would swap the Assassin for a Sabo.

Hope this helped you ;)
    "A man may fight for many things: his country, his principles, his friends, the glistening tear on the cheek of a golden child. But personally I'd mud wrestle my own mother for a ton of cash, an amusing clock, and a sack of French pron."

+ Reply to Thread