+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM35/RS26/ASS5 build

Default MM35/RS26/ASS5 build Could use some Reviews please =D

Hey wanted to know what you guys think of this build. I made it with focus of never really getting hit and being able shoot and run/survivability basically. I haven't seen much talk about these 3 combos if you guys can help me out with any tweeks or if you like it let me know.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...k.Afxf00b0o.0V

5 in *** for Stealth
    26 in Rift for warp

which I think for a MM is just OP imo =P

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Ceelo; 02-21-2011 at 11:10 PM.

TTT

/10char

Vis
    Soulwalker

I like it a lot. I want to try this out. I've been bouncing back and for between melee and range rogue for pvp and this looks like an awesome range setup.

Champion

Toughened soul and rift scavenger are useless. I'd take those points and put 'em into shadow mastery or barrier.

Aside from that I think that your assassination investment is pretty useless. You can take those 5 points, throw them in MM with only a net loss of 2% crit but you gain controlled fire and retreat. I don't understand peoples love for stealth as non melee's. In Rift stealth is only good if you invest in Silent Footsteps. Otherwise, you're not sneaking up on anyone.

The point behind stealth is for melee's to get behind enemy ranks to cause havoc and disrupt their healers. They have the tools to survive long enough or get the hell out if they can't. As a ranged class, what the hell are you going to do? Sneak behind their lines and place yourself firmly between their line and their reinforcements so you can get monkey stomped?

Your job is to get behind your defenseman and pepper the opposition. Not to spend 15 minutes sneaking up on a ledge and play robin hood. In the end, you gotta do what you gotta do to have fun. But I'm tellin' ya. You're gonna learn that putting point in assassin just for 30 sec of gimped stealth and +2% crit is not a smart move.
    Last edited by XFracture; 02-21-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Soulwalker

XFracture,
    What do suggest other than assassin for that build? I think the build looks solid, but I agree with your assessment. Any suggestions to tweak it up a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    Toughened soul and rift scavenger are useless. I'd take those points and put 'em into shadow mastery or barrier.

Aside from that I think that your assassination investment is pretty useless. You can take those 5 points, throw them in MM with only a net loss of 2% crit but you gain controlled fire and retreat. I don't understand peoples love for stealth as non melee's. In Rift stealth is only good if you invest in Silent Footsteps. Otherwise, you're not sneaking up on anyone.

The point behind stealth is for melee's to get behind enemy ranks to cause havoc and disrupt their healers. They have the tools to survive long enough or get the hell out if they can't. As a ranged class, what the hell are you going to do? Sneak behind their lines and place yourself firmly between their line and their reinforcements so you can get monkey stomped?

Your job is to get behind your defenseman and pepper the opposition. Not to spend 15 minutes sneaking up on a ledge and play robin hood. In the end, you gotta do what you gotta do to have fun. But I'm tellin' ya. You're gonna learn that putting point in assassin just for 30 sec of gimped stealth and +2% crit is not a smart move.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    XFracture,
    What do suggest other than assassin for that build? I think the build looks solid, but I agree with your assessment. Any suggestions to tweak it up a bit?
    If you're deadset on MM/Rift then take those points and either throw them in Rift or MM. Like I said before, you can go 40MM/26 rift and get retreat/controlled fire. Or you can toss the 5 into Rift.

If *I* were going to play an MM/Rift and I had my heart set on Freedom of Movement I would go along the lines of this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vudk.VcbchVbok

All I did was change around your Rift setup and free up 5 points for you to play with.

Exceptional Resilience > Great Fortitude. So always go for that if you have to chose between the two. Rift Barrier will give you that survivability you're looking for and Planar Refuge is a better filler than any other option given so you can get your Freedom of Movement. Unless you're a warrior Toughened Soul is worthless. Avoid at all costs.

With that Rift build you still got both shadow stalk and shadow blitz to get you behind enemy lines if you wanna cause some havoc. All without having to use a gimped stealth. Shadow Stalk the back line, Shadow Warp further back, they'll never know what's going on. Thanks to shadow mastery all 3 of your shifts will be on 30 second timers so you'll be set on mobility and survivability throughout the field. Especially if the lines go to **** which they almost always do.

With your remaining 5 points you can either go Keen Eye which is always useful or you can go SharpShooter/Improved Swift. Personally I'd drop Static Shot (it's only real use is in PvE) and fill out Collatoral Damage.

There's a misconception which is running amuck that you HAVE to have 3 tree's. You don't. There are ALOT of really awesome builds that go no further than 2 tree's. If you think about it, most people waste alot of points in a 3rd tree just for minor benefits. They get all these abilities out of that third tree which never even see their hotbars let alone actual use. That's just a waste. Unless you're getting something significant out of a 3rd tree with no better options out of your 2 primary tree's, points are always better spent filling out your primary role. For your 3rd tree you can always pick up Ranger just so you got a pet to annoy people with. Pets are great at annoying Clerics. I mean, you got a 3rd tree option, mind as well use it and get a pet that you can use to bug casters with. It's better than nothing really.

Anyway, morale of the story: It's better to be REALLY good at something then mediocre at a bunch of things.

Edit:

BTW, with that build you have a ridiculous amount of survivability. Especially if you go 40 deep into MM to get retreat. The only thing that can keep you from getting away would be another MM/Rift, your entire team being over run or you making a mistake. I'd dare say you might have too much survivability. But if you're looking for a plinker that's a pain in the arse to kill, that's the build right there.
    Last edited by XFracture; 02-22-2011 at 02:05 AM.

I'm using this build, and i have to say i'm really proud of it.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....xhtRqzVubR.0V

Pure dps, viable on pvp with many fast run ouy ways, tanking pet and assasin for 5%crit + posion dmg.

Hey thanks for the messages and the input. I see what you mean and I rearranged some pts in rift.
    This is what I came up with.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VcxchMbozz.0V

I did what you said and dropped TS and RS after looking into it some more I see what you said and do not see anything special added to it.

I put in 3/3 into Rift Barrier for the absorption shield + 1/1 for Imp. Rift Barrier

2/5 into SM for a lower CD on PS

1/1 into Rift Prison for a added CC ability.

With these rearranged pts I believe the toon will have the survivability that is needed to go behind enemy lines and make stealth a usable talent.

And I also think it gives MM a new way/style to play the class instead of being behind friendly lines, a grp of stealth MM can go behind enemy lines and flank from any side.

TTT

Lets get some more input!

Anyone else rolling the same build?

I think if you go Riftstalker you should really get 32 points for flashback/memory capture. That still leaves enough points for the essentials in MM. The same works for an assassin pairing. The build is more of a group pvp build, so the 4 points for stealth isn't needed. Make a seperate stealth build that you can just change too. I personally like a sab build for that, as you can pair it with assassin for poison potency and indefinite stealth with no speed debuff. If you want me to post a better riftstalker/MM spec just ask.
    Last edited by Vadar; 02-22-2011 at 09:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread