Thread: Whoa..

Default Whoa..

MARKSMAN
    * Swift Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Empowered Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Deadeye Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Strafe: Damage reduced.
    * Hasted Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Marksmanís Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%.
    * Sniperís Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 25% to 30%.

ASSASSIN
    * Fixed a bug where the internal cooldown was not working for weapon poisons.
    * Serrated Blades: Causes the target to bleed for 33-100% of your weaponís damage over 6 seconds, down from 60-180%. Now only triggers from melee weapon critical attacks. It no longer triggers from ranged weapon critical attacks or attacks that require ĎAny Weaponí and are not considered melee weapon attacks [Bard damage abilities, Saboteur Charges, Bombs, etc.]. Nightblade ranged attacks are considered melee weapon attacks and can trigger Serrated Blades.
    * Slip Away: Fixed so that existing DoT effects will cause stealth to break after Slip Away immunity ends.
    * Serpent Strike: Damage increased.
    * Advanced Flanking: Changed to increase the critical hit chance of Backstab by 3-6%. Increases the critical hit chance of Assassinate, Jagged Strike, and Paralyzing Strike by 25-50%.
    * Magnify Pain: Fixed a tooltip error.
    If my guild tag is red to you, then your already dead...

Rift Chaser

I feel sorry for those two classes. I never even once read or heard a complaint about them ingame, yet they are getting nerfed.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkuro View Post
    I feel sorry for those two classes. I never even once read or heard a complaint about them ingame, yet they are getting nerfed.
    People complain about seeing huge numbers kill them. These classes kill people with lots of smaller numbers really fast. i.e. strafe is 5 650 damage hits at 42.

People complain about sabos because the 6 attacks that hit them all get combined into one huge number rather than 6 smaller ones. If the combat log damage was 6 smaller numbers people would complain less. Trion is obviously smart enough to look at their combat logs and parse the damage data to determine what needs balance. Listening to who screams the loudest is a good way to ruin your game.

Shadowlander

Poor serrated blades...range not being able to use it I think was a good change hate to see the damaged reduced though.

The dots breaking stealth after slip away is very disheartening...until we get high level enough to obtain hidden veil slip away is near useless as almost every soul has some sort of dot.

Crit damage changes might be good? Not sure will need some testing...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dobb007 View Post
    Poor serrated blades...range not being able to use it I think was a good change hate to see the damaged reduced though.

The dots breaking stealth after slip away is very disheartening...until we get high level enough to obtain hidden veil slip away is near useless as almost every soul has some sort of dot.

Crit damage changes might be good? Not sure will need some testing...
    Crit changes are excellent and serpents strike got buffed ... serrated blades being nerfed is a decent reduction in dmg though. I think the previous 2 will make up for it. Or use a nightblade build with it since slip away got big nerf unless you go 40pts+.
    Last edited by Sixfeetdeep; 02-21-2011 at 11:13 PM.

Champion

We need moar of these threads.

The first 3 weren't enough to cover the topic.

Someone please repost so we can discuss further.

Plane Touched

Have to say that serrated blades + 100% (ability) deadeye shot crit was a bit over powered. I mean in pvp it was critting for 12-1500 then add a 6 sec dot that does 150% of that damage ON TOP of that. Also it could stack, pretty insane tbh.
    I hope the damage reduction on MM abilities aren't too severe, some of them WERE doing too much damage, but not insanely much so.

Quote Originally Posted by Enerzeal View Post
    MARKSMAN
    * Swift Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Empowered Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Deadeye Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Strafe: Damage reduced.
    * Hasted Shot: Damage reduced.
    * Marksmanís Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 5% to 10%.
    * Sniperís Pedestal: Damage bonus has been increased from 25% to 30%.
    Wait wait wait, so...
    Were those fixes in effect during the beta, or are those going to be implemented when head-start kicks in?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by GinCup View Post
    Wait wait wait, so...
    Were those fixes in effect during the beta, or are those going to be implemented when head-start kicks in?
    Going to be implemented when head-start kicks in. They already nerfed Deadeye Shot and Empowered Shot for open beta. They are nerfing it again.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    Have to say that serrated blades + 100% (ability) deadeye shot crit was a bit over powered. I mean in pvp it was critting for 12-1500 then add a 6 sec dot that does 150% of that damage ON TOP of that. Also it could stack, pretty insane tbh.
    I hope the damage reduction on MM abilities aren't too severe, some of them WERE doing too much damage, but not insanely much so.
    Serrated blades only ever did a Percentage of your weapon damage, not of the ability damage.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 02-22-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    Serrated blades only ever did a Percentage of your weapon damage, not of the ability damage.
    It was 150% of your weapon damage which was pretty good at lvl 42. 150% of 100 damage every single hit is just sweet.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

It was 150% of your weapon damage which was pretty good at lvl 42. 150% of 100 damage every single hit is just sweet.
    Right, but he was stating it did 150% more damage "of that", in regards to whatever number his Dead Eye was hitting for, which is incorrect.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Going to be implemented when head-start kicks in. They already nerfed Deadeye Shot and Empowered Shot for open beta. They are nerfing it again.
    What the hell... I was going to go MM/Ranger/Sabo

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by GinCup View Post
    What the hell... I was going to go MM/Ranger/Sabo
    I think that's the point of the nerf, to get more people to roll other classes. It seems that rogues were very popular in open beta. Although, I thought that was mainly dued to sabs being extremely powerful.

Shadowlander

In beta at 39 people would often survive 2 rotations of strafe/bullseye, lesser players would get ***** yes, this will only make spiking healed opponents even harder.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast