+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blast Charge - energy refund

Default Blast Charge - energy refund

The tooltip for Blast Charge ability says "Energy is refunded if rogue is out of combat". Is there a trick to using this ability so as to get all 5 blast charges on a mob?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by gluon View Post
    The tooltip for Blast Charge ability says "Energy is refunded if rogue is out of combat". Is there a trick to using this ability so as to get all 5 blast charges on a mob?
    Silent setup 3/3

Telaran

Can you use it in conjunction to the Nightblade to conceal -> lost hope -> charge x 5 -> Dark Malady -> Detonate?

Stack 5 charges on them while they're mez'd, hit them with an opener and then blow them up?

Quote Originally Posted by Xetal View Post
    Can you use it in conjunction to the Nightblade to conceal -> lost hope -> charge x 5 -> Dark Malady -> Detonate?

Stack 5 charges on them while they're mez'd, hit them with an opener and then blow them up?
    Planting charges knocks you out of stealth. You could wait the 10 seconds for stealth to CD, but against a player, Lost Hope would've worn off.

Plane Touched

dark malady requires stealth but yes.

In a 2v1 pvp situation my normal rotation is...

Lost hope 1>Dark Malady other>aoe snare>3x Blast charge 1x spike>stack them onto mezzed target and anni bomb>1x blast>Detonate>frag bomb>then finish up with array of charges, if target is closing range on me, then 1x conc 1x embers 1x trops 1x blast (less if target is low enough to die from less), if one is a healer/nuker put them as my focus and weapon barrage as needed. Using defensive cooldowns in between. Depending on the fight rotations and mechanics change, but roughly the same on me opening.
    Last edited by blahdot3h; 02-21-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Telaran

Why mix types of charges? Wouldn't you get more burst with 5x blast or more total damage with 5x spike?

What benefit is there to mixing the two?

Plane Touched

Why mix types of charges? Wouldn't you get more burst with 5x blast or more total damage with 5x spike?

What benefit is there to mixing the two?
    4x blast 1x spike on an anni bomb counts as 5x blast 2x spike. Blast ignores 50% armor so it's damage is actually higher than spike.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by blahdot3h View Post
    4x blast 1x spike on an anni bomb counts as 5x blast 2x spike. Blast ignores 50% armor so it's damage is actually higher than spike.
    I don't understand how annihilate acts as a +1 to all charges on target. Is this a bug? From the description of Demo Spec, all it states is that it detonates the charges. It says nothing about adding charges to existing stacks.
    Last edited by XFracture; 02-21-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    I don't understand how annihilate acts as a +1 to all charges on target. Is this a bug? From the description of Demo Spec, all it states is that it detonates the charges. It says nothing about adding charges to existing stacks.
    Charge booster does. To all of your charges, all the time. Thus why for a max detonate you do 1x of 5 charges. If it's a heavily armored target then you do 2x splinter 1x embers 2x blast.

Telaran

I forgot about the talent "Charge Booster" which detonates all charges as if they were stacked 1 higher.

Wouldn't splitting them up a bit more be more useful then?

1 Blast Charge
    1 Shrapnel
    1 Caltrop
    1 Splinter
    1 Embers

With Charge Booster wouldn't it effectively be as much damage as two of each (total of 10 charges) going off?

Champion

See you didn't mention booster. Here I thought you knew a super secret about annihilation that I didn't.

General of Telara

I forgot about the talent "Charge Booster" which detonates all charges as if they were stacked 1 higher.

Wouldn't splitting them up a bit more be more useful then?

1 Blast Charge
    1 Shrapnel
    1 Caltrop
    1 Splinter
    1 Embers

With Charge Booster wouldn't it effectively be as much damage as two of each (total of 10 charges) going off?
    Yes that is exactly how it works. After you get charge booster there is no reason to ever stack 5 of the same charge again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei436 View Post
    Yes that is exactly how it works. After you get charge booster there is no reason to ever stack 5 of the same charge again.
    You still stack 4x blast 1x spike to pop with anni bomb to hit 3 targets, and stick to just splinter/blast if you're landing on a warrior or something with higher resists.

+ Reply to Thread