+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lvl 32 Rifstalker: Flashback / Memory Capture is amazing

Telaran

Smile Lvl 32 Rifstalker: Flashback / Memory Capture is amazing

Of all the problems with elevation causing the other 'plane shifting' abilities to fail when they are actually unobstructed, FLASHBACK is eternally fun. I never got a chance to take a video during Beta 7 (open), but in Black Garden, it's amazing.

Memory Capture to the top of the hill at the beginning, then make sure you defense up and grab the fang. Back up slightly (so you are within 50 ft), then FLASHBACK to the original position. Forget the long walk, you've just hit optimal positioning, with tons of HP (Guardian Phase). It's honestly one of the most fun tricks I've done in all of the RIFT betas.

If you have a rogue at lvl 32 after launch, then do yourself a favor and try this. You will giggle with glee. Thanks Trion!

Quote Originally Posted by ucffool View Post
    Of all the problems with elevation causing the other 'plane shifting' abilities to fail when they are actually unobstructed, FLASHBACK is eternally fun. I never got a chance to take a video during Beta 7 (open), but in Black Garden, it's amazing.

Memory Capture to the top of the hill at the beginning, then make sure you defense up and grab the fang. Back up slightly (so you are within 50 ft), then FLASHBACK to the original position. Forget the long walk, you've just hit optimal positioning, with tons of HP (Guardian Phase). It's honestly one of the most fun tricks I've done in all of the RIFT betas.

If you have a rogue at lvl 32 after launch, then do yourself a favor and try this. You will giggle with glee. Thanks Trion!
    Can you do this so you can flash back to spawn area and hence make you out of reach? if so, better report it before it's abused.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kelqor View Post
    Can you do this so you can flash back to spawn area and hence make you out of reach? if so, better report it before it's abused.
    No, you can't get it that far back, the distance is too far... I suppose if you ran up to the top then yes... but I haven't tested it. I'll report it if I find that's the case when I get to 32 again after headstart. I never tried to cheat during beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelqor View Post
    Tried that already by setting the memory point on the top of the Giant wall in the center.
    Once I walked back into spawn the fang was removed...

No, you can't get it that far back, the distance is too far... I suppose if you ran up to the top then yes... but I haven't tested it. I'll report it if I find that's the case when I get to 32 again after headstart. I never tried to cheat during beta.
    Sorry I do not mean cheating. Beta is a good time to find out un-intended features so we give the dev time to fix.

Anyway, I definitely will reserve a role for riftstalker main. The class is fun. It's probably not the best for PvP but for anything else, it rocks.

Telaran

oh good, that means someone in alpha already tried it and they fixed it (or the programs had the forethought)

you can also jump off cliffs and port back before dying.

Shadowlander

Or when the low lvls are sitting up on the hill next to thier spawn point peppering the field with ranged attacks and you can't get to them with your melee attacks you can port up there to them and start meleeing them down.

I was 39 and all the 31s and 33s would sit up on that hill and shoot down on us.

Its like someone turned a light on when the mice are on the floor. They all scatter! Fun stuff.

Not game breaking, or anything, but fun in the moment.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dashai View Post
    Or when the low lvls are sitting up on the hill next to thier spawn point peppering the field with ranged attacks and you can't get to them with your melee attacks you can port up there to them and start meleeing them down.

I was 39 and all the 31s and 33s would sit up on that hill and shoot down on us.

Its like someone turned a light on when the mice are on the floor. They all scatter! Fun stuff.

Not game breaking, or anything, but fun in the moment.
    That would not work unless you set the point up there beforehand. The power is not targeted by mouse, but your position, thus the only way is to go up there, set the point, and hope that happens before you die.

That would not work unless you set the point up there beforehand. The power is not targeted by mouse, but your position, thus the only way is to go up there, set the point, and hope that happens before you die.
    He probably means using Shadowstalk or Shadow Assault to get up there.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Shadowlander

He probably means using Shadowstalk or Shadow Assault to get up there.
    I do mean that and I did do that and it was quite fun.

I was shocked to see it worked given all the buggyness of plane shifting

Quote Originally Posted by Dashai View Post
    I do mean that and I did do that and it was quite fun.

I was shocked to see it worked given all the buggyness of plane shifting
    Yeah I've had very few issues with Plane Shifting myself, apart fromt he one glaring problem of falling through the world. Other than that it worked like a gem for me throughout beta 7. The basic blink was the only one I ever felt like the range got clipped on by terrain or anything.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

+ Reply to Thread