+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogues, OP already or not?

Default Rogues, OP already or not?

Throughout the beta I have made an observation, it would seem trion is going the same way blizzard did at the begining of WoW. Rogues have great mobility and amazing burst even in the low twenties. Although some may just say with their super ninja skills I suck and I need to learn to play my class because I get pressured throughout the entire fight and cant cast. Even from the start of the duel or just open world pvp they get the first attack, always. Some classes rely on getting the first attack or they are cake to beat. But with rogue's stealth that really isnt possible. Someone needs to be done to ensure that trion doesnt turn into blizzard 2.0 and merge with activision and destroy their game... Il admit some rogues have problems like assasination but most are just roll face on keys and destroy.
    Last edited by Cascuus; 02-21-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cascuus View Post
    Even from the start of the duel or just open world pvp they get the first attack, always. Some classes rely on getting the first attack or they are cake to beat. But with rogue's stealth that really isnt possible.
    Complaining about stealth and rogue? You gotta be serious. Do you know what rogue stand for?

First post, join in Feb, troll I say.

Yes im trolling, whenever someone questions your super ninja skills its trolling. Sorry I dont abolish every argument on the forums against my class with excuses all day and night.

Yes im trolling, whenever someone questions your super ninja skills its trolling. Sorry I dont abolish every argument on the forums against my class with excuses all day and night.
    Complaining about rogue having stealth is like complaining healer can heal. Both mark you as troll. If you want an intelligent discussion, provide a more meaning post. A blanket "stealth could potential kill the game because it allows rogue to have first strike always" is not one of them.

Redefine your post, provide clear statement with backup data if you are not a troll. Thanks.

Plane Touched

If you bothered to play this game into the 40s you would realize how far from the truth you are. This game has very strong classes in all 4 trees. As it's been said many many times, you do not balance a game for 1v1 pvp, you balance it for group pvp.

All im hearing is dont give them a reason to nerf me I need all my abilities to beat anything.

All im hearing is dont give them a reason to nerf me I need all my abilities to beat anything.
    Stealth is and has been a core mechanic of rogues in virtually every MMO. It is a core mechanic of rogues in this game and will continue to be so. That's what rogues do. As people have said it's like getting pissy because Warriors can tank or Clerics can heal.

Move on.

Plane Touched

Or that if you played this game into the 40s you would know that dominators are a very strong mage class, vk/rb for warriors dominate any rogue class, and clerics can outlive anything if played properly in 1v1 (other than vk lulz.) Even with Rogues getting the opener (not all rogue classes have stealth), it doesn't just guarantee them a win in 1v1 pvp. So again, do you have anything objective or anything to actually contribute to this conversation other than pointing the finger at the set of classes you don't play calling them op?

vk+rb just seems broken for now lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Plane Touched

rogues seemed pretty weak at lvl 40.

if they have a bard (almost always) and 1-2 healers that dont suck, your dps is too low to kill anything.
    And after 5 seconds you have a warrior in your face that is even more unkillable and outdamages you.

judging by the number of posts in the forums here it seems Rogue is the most popular class.
    I just wish I understood peoples lop-sided fascination with Rogues in every MMO.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Bokutu View Post
    judging by the number of posts in the forums here it seems Rogue is the most popular class.
    I just wish I understood peoples lop-sided fascination with Rogues in every MMO.
    I hope I'm the first one to say it on the open forums:

Nerf 51 pointer sab's! NERF! NERF! NERF!

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bokutu View Post
    This will actually be my first mmo where I didn't play a tank or healer class (mainly because in a pinch I can still tank if needed). I also like the concept of "Wow I'm getting waxed in these Rifts... Switch to Ranger... Game on!"

Soulwalker

Someone needs to be done to ensure that trion doesnt turn into blizzard 2.0 and merge with activision and destroy their game...
    Need more specifics, but I might be willing to be done depending on who's doing me.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aldurok View Post
    Need more specifics, but I might be willing to be done depending on who's doing me.
    Justin Bieber. No, it won't be over 9000...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast