+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1 question for Nightblade (melted skin)

Default 1 question for Nightblade (melted skin)

What does it mean when it says Hellfire Blades has 100% to increase your damage by 5% for 10 seconds? The reason I am asking is because Hellfire Blades reads "20% chance to deal 13 fire damage." So is the damage bonus on all the time when you have Hellfire blade on or only when Hellfire proc? Has anyone pay attention to this in game?
    Last edited by Kelqor; 02-21-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelqor View Post
    What does it mean when it says Hellfire Blades has 100% to increase your damage by 5% for 10 seconds? The reason I am asking is because Hellfire Blades reads "20% chance to deal 13 fire damage." So is the damage bonus on all the time when you have Hellfire blade on or only when Hellfire proc? Has anyone pay attention to this in game?
    When hellfire blade deals damage it triggers the bonus.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Armagorend View Post
    When hellfire blade deals damage it triggers the bonus.
    That's pretty bad then. 20% * 5% = 1% damage bonus for 2 ability points [EDIT: Wrong calculation as other pointed out due to duration, not 1x application]
    Last edited by Kelqor; 02-21-2011 at 06:16 PM.

That's pretty bad then. 20% * 5% = 1% damage bonus for 2 ability points
    ...Not sure where you pulled that out of. Your techniques strike approximately once every second. Your auto-attacks are, depending on your weapon speeds (we'll use daggers [which you should be using with Nightblade anyway]) twice every 1.8 seconds. Each time you strike with ANY of said strikes you will have a 20% chance of causing your overall damage to increase by 5% for 10 seconds, far more than enough time to refresh it again when another Hellfire Blade proc happens.

I imagine that you think that the 5% is only applied to one attack. In which case I still don't know where you pulled that out of.
    Last edited by RogueScythe; 02-21-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScythe View Post
    ...Not sure where you pulled that out of. Your techniques strike approximately once every second. Your auto-attacks are, depending on your weapon speeds (we'll use daggers [which you should be using with Nightblade anyway]) twice every 1.8 seconds. Each time you strike with ANY of said strikes you will have a 20% chance of causing your overall damage to increase by 5% for 10 seconds, far more than enough time to refresh it again when another Hellfire Blade proc happens.

I imagine that you think that the 5% is only applied to one attack. In which case I still don't know where you pulled that out of.
    That 5% buff will have 100% uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by blahdot3h View Post
    That 5% buff will have 100% uptime.
    Yes, that is what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueScythe View Post

I am planning to use NB as passive, so auto-attack may not kick in is why. From close range melee perspective with auto attack, maybe it makes sense to have it.

I am planning to use NB as passive, so auto-attack may not kick in is why. From close range melee perspective with auto attack, maybe it makes sense to have it.
    What spec are you using as the main?

Plane Touched

ranged rogues have autoattacks as well you know?

and the ability procs so often, you dont need 2 points in it as melee.

Quote Originally Posted by nague View Post
    ranged rogues have autoattacks as well you know?

and the ability procs so often, you dont need 2 points in it as melee.
    Good to know the proc rate is good.

Does melted skin proc from Searing blades as well as hellfire blades? I ask because I am NB/Sin/BD and I tend to use Hellfire Blades and a poison, but will be having searing blades available to me soon. If melted skin does NOT work with Searing blades, is SB still more of a dps boost than HB when choosing between the two?

+ Reply to Thread