+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin v Nightblade.

Telaran

Default Assassin v Nightblade.

Hi all,

I'm looking to play Nightblade/Riftstalker/Bard when the game goes live.

I want to be able to do pvp battlegrounds/dungeons more heavily into bard as i like support healing. But for levelling and solo world pvp i plan to go nightblade.

Anyway, whilst i've played the beta a bit, i don't like to spoil it when the game goes live. So, i only played to level 15 or so.

I just wanted to ask what is better for soloing/world pvp Assassin or Nightblade. I've no knowledge of assassins at all.

Thanks for your help

Shadowlander

i got to lvl 25 on my assassin/nightblade/riftstalker with only 10 pts into NB and none into riftstalker and thought i did just fine, having no duration on stealth and a 4 sec stun attack coming out of stealth that also boosts dam by 15% and reduces dam by 15% for like 10 secs helps drop mobs easily with very little loss in life

I'd stick with nightblade if you are on a pvp server. You're gonna get caught out of stealth a lot and NB has great tools to continue to do damage at range.

I started out as an Assassin. It's a far too crit dependent spec to utilize properly at a lower level. I'd stick with Nightblade. It has far more uses.

Plane Touched

assassin doesnt do enough damage for the stealth, flanking and melee requirements.

Most people instantly pick up Assa as its a familar type of melee rogue spec from countless other RPGs/mmos.
    However. Nightblade is superior. By a good distance.

Nightblades are far supperior for straight up DPS. With that said, you don't spec into assassin for damage - you spec into it for utility. 21 points is all you need for perma-stealth and then it is up to you when you engage in PvP if you're on a PvP server. Assassins strike from stealth, when their pray is least prepared and does not expect it. After I got perma-stealth the only time I got caught off-guard was by some toon 6 levels higher that was low-level ganking. Other than those d0uches it's outstanding to always have the say on who and when you engage.

Soulwalker

Roll Infiltrator for perma-stealth? o:

Quote Originally Posted by Viridinia View Post
    Roll Infiltrator for perma-stealth? o:
    You can't really just "roll" an Inflitrator. First you gotta buy the soul, then you gotta earn the PVP ranks before you spend points higher than 5 into the tree and even maxed out it is only 21 points with permastealth coming in at 20 points spent.

Once maxed out, yes... it can pretty much replace Assassin and the 21 pointer in Infiltrator sounds like it's gonna work similar to Assassin's 31 pointer.

First, you can purchase a 2nd role for not too much. You can switch between roles with a click of the mouse (put your role icon on a bar) which only takes 2 seconds.

So you can try out both at the same time and see what you like.

I like assassin for the perma stealth at 21pts. On a PvP server, it kept me from getting ganked many many times.

I don't know about the rest of you but i have had an awesome time as a assassin. Build below (well close enough)

I do great in PvE (even low level) and PvP (while i little harder) I can get at least get 1:1 K/D ratio. If you want to really help your team in PvP sneak around and sap and choking power the healers and sit with them and watch there team get slaughtered.

Not sure how others are doing it, but basically if i can't circle the mob, i rush in with evasion or just walk in and sap. setup expose and open up. Assassinate is great for cleaning lower level mobs, stun strike (forgot the name) for hard ones and just wail with back stab.

Now I do use the Night blade combo builder (as it does more damage and you can get the proc talent with it)

But i'm gonna have to say the assassin rocks.

FYI, I never played a rogue class in wow.
    Last edited by ralinsilver; 02-21-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

+ Reply to Thread