+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worth picking up bard for motif of regen? also does DEX increase healing for Bards?

Rift Chaser

Default Worth picking up bard for motif of regen? also does DEX increase healing for Bards?

It seems you pick up some pretty boss abilities on the way such as fanfares and other motifs as well as good early soul points in the Bard tree. I can't see the downside.

Did i miss something?

Soulwalker

I am wondering the same thing about Dex and bard abilities....and ya I don't see a downside....unless if you run with someone who is going to be playing a bard then your minor dipping into that soul will be for nothing and just a waste of points that could be spent elsewhere..

At lvl 42, it heals me for ~110 health every 3 seconds. Which is less than 2% of my max health. I wouldn't spend points in Bard just to get Motif of Regen.

Bard isn't worth it at all if that's what you are interested in. The cadence healing is by far better than the regen.

You could likely regen faster standing still while out of combat.

Soulwalker

at lvl 42 how much does your cadence heal u for?

Rift Disciple

Well what are your other souls...? it might be worth it with certain ones but with some it wouldnt be.

all bard skills work off ap so dex increases everying for bard even heals
    http://blackwolf.biz/

Quote Originally Posted by Vyric View Post
    The highlighted word here means you don't really know. In essence you are in no way qualified to assume it is garbage. Looks like you will be about as useful as a screen door on a submarine so I may as well add you to forum ignore since your advice is highly flawed. Good-bye.

Soulwalker

still looking for Cadence healing numbers at high lvl...

Quote Originally Posted by Freethinker View Post
    It seems you pick up some pretty boss abilities on the way such as fanfares and other motifs as well as good early soul points in the Bard tree. I can't see the downside.

Did i miss something?
    I have found that 9pts in bard is more than enough to get good buffs and heal and back up any other rogue soul, here is what i always use on bard...

Good Health - give 10% additional HP
    Invigorated soul - Cadence Healing for you and 10 party members
    Anthem of glory - A great 1 hour buff that increases yours and other party members AC

These lead to:
    fanfare of vigor- another 1 hour party buff that adds 5 endurance, for entire party
    Motif of bravery - short buff that increases attack power and spell power (dps) for entire party
    Motif of focus- short buff for 5% crit hit chance (dps) for entire party

I tried going farther into the tree but it took away from other more important soul abilities so I've found that this is the best set without going full bard...Buffs are your friend use them!

Paired with tanking abilities of riftstalker (14 pts) this makes you hard to kill, and you can save points for your offense soul...

Hear is the riftstalker/bard tanking build I use to accompany bladedancer, nightblade or Assassin builds and It works great with super high survivability..
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu, "The Art Of War"

Telaran

Actually, Anthem's do not expire. So Anthem of Glory will stay on until you die or over-write it with a different Anthem.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    At lvl 42, it heals me for ~110 health every 3 seconds. Which is less than 2% of my max health. I wouldn't spend points in Bard just to get Motif of Regen.
    Ty for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhealing View Post
    Actually, Anthem's do not expire. So Anthem of Glory will stay on until you die or over-write it with a different Anthem.
    sry you are right, my mistake...
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

Soulwalker

Default bard dmg type

ive been wondering since i played a bard to lvl 20 on the open beta. is his Cadence dmg Physical or magic dmg? i seen it says wep dmg + life dmg. when i read dex it said that it was physical AP. so what will make my dmg of Cadence better? better range/weps/int? i would realy love to know so i can gear while i level to help my groups.

Quote Originally Posted by airgolem View Post
    ive been wondering since i played a bard to lvl 20 on the open beta. is his Cadence dmg Physical or magic dmg? i seen it says wep dmg + life dmg. when i read dex it said that it was physical AP. so what will make my dmg of Cadence better? better range/weps/int? i would realy love to know so i can gear while i level to help my groups.
    physical damage is amount of damage + weapon before any magical implementation roles, life damage is direct (no save/defense role) type damage directed at health itself without any magical or physical roles, basically cadence just drains or leeches life from the testing i have done..

So yes a better weapon will add more damage to it, but as far as what actual stat adds damage to cadence im not 100% sure, I would guess int or just training... Im glad you brought it up though as I didn't think about testing that, Ill try to figure it out when the game goes live if someone else doesn't already know...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Alotta Mayhem View Post
    physical damage is amount of damage + weapon before any magical implementation roles, life damage is direct (no save/defense role) type damage directed at health itself without any magical or physical roles, basically cadence just drains or leeches life from the testing i have done..

So yes a better weapon will add more damage to it, but as far as what actual stat adds damage to cadence im not 100% sure, I would guess int or just training... Im glad you brought it up though as I didn't think about testing that, Ill try to figure it out when the game goes live if someone else doesn't already know...
    Actually, Life damage is a damage type that has a correlating resistance type, just like Fire, Air, etc. Cadence is an attack can't be blocked, parried, or dodged, but the damage can still be mitigated via Life resistance.

As for the draining/leeching, your HP only goes up if you invest in the "Invigorated Soul" branch ability, available after 5 points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast