+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Riftstalker vs Reaver Tanking..

Default Riftstalker vs Reaver Tanking..

Hello Rifters.
    I am trying to decide if i want to tank as a Riftstalker or a Reaver.... I realy like the idea or the riftstalker, buut have not played high enough as one to tank and instance, in fact, i only got to level 13 before the beta was over. Overlooking the Soul Tree, i see Tanking resemblance, but i would just like to hear about it threw some people with some "Riftstalker" tanking experiance..
    Is it worth it, over a warrior tank?

Rift Disciple

Ive tanked on a Riftstalker and ive also healed one... imo at level 25ish at least they take less damage then a warrior tank of any kind, due to all the absorb effects. Also the teleporting is just a blast lol As far as threat goes id say reaver probably has a bit of an edge in AoE threat but you have plenty as a riftstalker to hold aggro over your Dpsers so it doesnt really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jymbo View Post
    Hello Rifters.
    I am trying to decide if i want to tank as a Riftstalker or a Reaver.... I realy like the idea or the riftstalker, buut have not played high enough as one to tank and instance, in fact, i only got to level 13 before the beta was over. Overlooking the Soul Tree, i see Tanking resemblance, but i would just like to hear about it threw some people with some "Riftstalker" tanking experiance..
    Is it worth it, over a warrior tank?

I haven't tanked far with a RS, some here have gone much further..for the low levels it worked tremendously well..however no one knows how they will stand up in end-game.

I am kinda predicting these RS tanks will end up becoming OT's in end game..strictly being used by their guild to fill a spot..

Rift Chaser

Did the level 25ish dungeon with a riftstalker tank and it was a complete breeze. Don't think he ever came close to dying. If anything, rogue tanking looks really strong.

That being said, Reaver is amazing for AOE tanking and the new damage reduction skill that they will get wil maybe put them over the top.

(only have level 20 rogue and never tanked as riftstalker)

Rift Disciple

If Riftstalkers do get pushed to the side for warrior tanks at level 50 my guess is that Trion will buff them so that they can main tank...im pretty sure thats kinda the whole point of having all the different souls, i mean whats the point of having a tank rogue soul if you cant tank as well as a warrior : / might as well just not have the soul and just bring warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmac4 View Post
    If Riftstalkers do get pushed to the side for warrior tanks at level 50 my guess is that Trion will buff them so that they can main tank...im pretty sure thats kinda the whole point of having all the different souls, i mean whats the point of having a tank rogue soul if you cant tank as well as a warrior : / might as well just not have the soul and just bring warriors.
    Well, I agree for the most part, but they will have their niche if my suspicions become true.

Their avoidance and absorption will be crazy. This will definitely play a role in their raid ability.

Oh boy, who knows? :P

Tanked Lantern Hope (lvl 44 mobs) with my Riftstalker today (after a reaver tank failed horribly ) and the healer was amazed how easy it was for him to keep me up.

Also, fun to teleport around
    Last edited by Cinerus; 02-21-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Soulwalker

Never had any problems for tanking as Riftstalker up to Runic Descent.

I guess its a matter of a choice, i find it very cool to have a different way of tanking with ports and such, instead of the classic "block" or leech life abilities tanks usually get.
    Last edited by lendive; 02-21-2011 at 01:33 PM.

memory capture for los pulls. no warrior souls has anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    memory capture for los pulls. no warrior souls has anything like it.
    That's a great idea! I hadn't even thought about it that way, I've been obessing over how I can get that many points into RS for Memory Capture for PVP purposes that I completely forgot about it's tanking ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    Tanked Lantern Hope (lvl 44 mobs) with my Riftstalker today (after a reaver tank failed horribly ) and the healer was amazed how easy it was for him to keep me up.

Also, fun to teleport around
    And that's real good to hear Cinerus, looks like we will be a viable MT for end-game *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by iontheable View Post
    That's a great idea! I hadn't even thought about it that way, I've been obessing over how I can get that many points into RS for Memory Capture for PVP purposes that I completely forgot about it's tanking ability.

And that's real good to hear Cinerus, looks like we will be a viable MT for end-game *crosses fingers*
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xIt0ukzokoM.xh

That's the build I've been using as a level 42.

Bard (18 points, some might be doubtful here)
    - 30% increased effectiveness on Fanfare of Vigor (more endurance)
    - Motif of Tenacy (requires 18 points in Bard), a 5% damage reduction buff for THE WHOLE PARTY without a cooldown

Ranger instead of Bladedancer for more damage reduction and health. Riftstalker speaks for itself.
    Will probably remove some points from Bard when I hit 50, to get the AOE taunt.

The only problem I've had while riftstalker tanking (up to level 35) is falling through the world after a shadow blitz a couple times in kings breach.

Quote Originally Posted by thinker View Post
    The only problem I've had while riftstalker tanking (up to level 35) is falling through the world after a shadow blitz a couple times in kings breach.
    So true! Hasn't happened for me in a dungeon yet, fortunately.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xIt0ukzokoM.xh

That's the build I've been using as a level 42.

Bard (18 points, some might be doubtful here)
    - 30% increased effectiveness on Fanfare of Vigor (more endurance)
    - Motif of Tenacy (requires 18 points in Bard), a 5% damage reduction buff for THE WHOLE PARTY without a cooldown

Ranger instead of Bladedancer for more damage reduction and health. Riftstalker speaks for itself.
    Will probably remove some points from Bard when I hit 50, to get the AOE taunt.
    Which AoE Taunt are you referring to? Planar Attraction? Yea, it's hot! Haha

This is the build I'm toying with, I like your idea with the extra points into Bard though..Hmm

So true! Hasn't happened for me in a dungeon yet, fortunately.
    lol happened so many times for me in dsm and kb.

did any of you guys fall on that ramp to the second boss on lantern hook? I fell thru the world 3 times lol, that i had to wait for my group to clear the other side to go up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast