+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard heal-a-bility?

Default Bard heal-a-bility?

Hi.

So I'm a tad torn between rogue and cleric callings. Has anyone gotten a bard to 30-40 and experienced how well they heal? No flaming, "go roll cleric if u want 2 heal", "healing sucks, play dps" etc. I'd just like to know how well they'd support a dungeon group with heals, and how controlled the heals are

I got as far as cadence-healing personally (mained cleric). Any input would be great. Cheers!
    Azendi /Sol.

Shadowlander

Heals are on the low side but constant, if there is nothing to hit you wont be getting anything other than a hot. Virtuoso allows us to deal with spikes somewhat but thats on a 2 min cd and last 15 secs only, so on whole we dont deal with spike damage, best combo is bard/cleric one puts out non stop lower end heals allowing the other to concentrate on single target big heals

Telaran

Cadence with the healing option is really nice. But, it is support healing. Very nice for Rift's with AoE damage to the entire raid, because then you spam "The Matrix" and have green numbers everywhere. Plus add in a Coda of Restoration for a boost every now and then. I would not play a Bard if you are wanting to be a healer. Play a bard if you want to make everyone else around you better.

BTW, got my bard to Level 31.

Bards can't deal with the big single target heals, but we do really well at healing the party through riff-raff and ae type damage. The 5% reduction to damage, 5% increase to healing received motifs along with the cadence + Coda of restoration can really be quite significant.

I healed the level 30 instance at level 26 with a chloro as backup but they said they weren't healing much at all. Level and gear of party greatly helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhealing View Post
    Cadence with the healing option is really nice. But, it is support healing. Very nice for Rift's with AoE damage to the entire raid, because then you spam "The Matrix" and have green numbers everywhere. Plus add in a Coda of Restoration for a boost every now and then. I would not play a Bard if you are wanting to be a healer. Play a bard if you want to make everyone else around you better.

BTW, got my bard to Level 31.
    I enjoyed my chanter in aion and was looking for something similar, I've played straight-out healing classes but find them a bit lack-luster at times. I was just worried I'd feel helpless not being able to heal if things go to hell.

& thanks everyone.
    Azendi /Sol.

Rift Disciple

Bards cant really main heal but they provide a CONSTANT stream of AoE heals...every healer ive met says the run is soo much easier with a bard in it + the buffs they give are great.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Azendi View Post
    Hi.

So I'm a tad torn between rogue and cleric callings. Has anyone gotten a bard to 30-40 and experienced how well they heal? No flaming, "go roll cleric if u want 2 heal", "healing sucks, play dps" etc. I'd just like to know how well they'd support a dungeon group with heals, and how controlled the heals are

I got as far as cadence-healing personally (mained cleric). Any input would be great. Cheers!
    I tried a combo of Bard/Riftstalker (for the +30% healing recieved) for solo pve and my hp bar wasnt moving much at all and no downtime . It was pretty fun because before that I was a squishie spec.

I would not consider bard a main healer like a Chloro or Cleric set up (Ive seen chloros main heal in 5-mans and they were l33t); I dont think a bard can do that unless they outlvled the 5man by huge amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Azendi View Post
    Hi.

I had (past tense now beta is over) a 37 Bard and with my healing I was doing up in to the 800s with my big heals and averaging around 400s on basic healing.. Plus with my cadence I was constantly rolling in 60s and 90s for self healing and roughly around the same for group healing.

It does help if you have a Core (the little essence equipment item) if it supports Greater Essences and have the Healing factors added in. Example I had 1 Greater essence and 3 lesser essence slots. So in my lesser essence I just had my basic stats that would help me in my basic stats and plus taking anything that that had +hit on it. But I would always upgrade them based on the area where I am questing at.

Freemarch was always Water and Death. Stonefield was Earth and Death, Scarwood Lift was Fire and Death, Persperice was Life and Death, Droughtlands was Earth and Air, Gloamwood was Fire and Death, and I think that was pretty much it for the beta's open areas.. you can correct me if I'm wrong. But for the most part this is correct.

So as I leveled up the essences would change from area to area as I'm upgrading. But my greater would always stay the same. Which would be a Greater Essence that would read "Your healing spells have a chance to heal for X for a X over time." The last one I had was 415 over 8 secs. Of course I also had previous ones from epic pick ups on the Rare Planar Vendors of 200 and 300 heal over time.

As for my groups I was in.. I would offer to go a different spec if we had a mage and a cleric in the group would or could heal. IE; a healing cleric and a Chloromancer; So I would offer to go Ranger Marksman. But either the group was weakened by the fact of not having enough heals or not having the right kind of buffs. The last boss in the Fal Cascade was proven to be worthy of having a bard in the group. Since it was the bard responsibility to take on the extra spiders and kill them off or to off tank them while healing the group and killing the boss. But The small spiders have to be killed regardless. We thought it best to have the Tank AoE tank everything and just have us do AoE damage to kill off all the spiders. That's where your Riff - Virtuoso - and Main healing ability comes in at. Spam that plus the AoE damage spell and you're looked at as the Bard who saved the day.

+ Reply to Thread