+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bard Rotation

Soulwalker

Default Bard Rotation

Could someone please tell me a lvl 50 bard rotation for raids.

Soulwalker

pretty easy rotation, get a G series keyboard and program it to play every motif every 30 seconds unless you have more than 1 bard and then you just split up what you want. Then cast cadence twice and then coda of wrath... mix in the healing verses if needed and there ya go.

Telaran

I have not raided raided (or even high level characters) but I would imagine it something like:

Motif, Motif, Motif, Motif, Motif

Cadence, Power Cord, Coda of Distress

Cadence, Power Cord, Coda of Cowardice

Cadence, Cadence, Coda of Restoration/wrath/fury (depending on if healing, single target, or aoe damage is needed)

Cadence, Cadence, Coda of Restoration/wrath/fury (depending on if healing, single target, or aoe damage is needed)

repeat.

With more power chords if healing isn't needed -- shorter combo builders to get debuffs up at start, and cooldowns thrown in when appropriate in addition to any abilities from other souls.
    Last edited by Orishas; 02-21-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Soulwalker

I dont have a G keyboard but from the sound of it, the rotation looks simple enough. Thank you guys

No Rotation

- Keep your Motifs up ALL THE TIME
    - Keep the mobs debuffed with both Codas
    - In the meantime, Cadence+PC +Healing Finisher (more energy friendly and hps than just2x cadence + finisher)

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Erhnam View Post
    No Rotation

- Keep your Motifs up ALL THE TIME
    - Keep the mobs debuffed with both Codas
    - In the meantime, Cadence+PC +Healing Finisher (more energy friendly and hps than just2x cadence + finisher)
    Ditch motifs as you need to, If health is dropping dont refresh anything by the healing and dmg reduction ones to get more cadence time.

Optimal situation is all motifs up, but you have to adapt. Similarly, if your group does not need the healing ditch the healing and dmg reduction ones for more dps time. No point putting out loads of wasted aoe heals if they are just overhealing.

Soulwalker

Which Fanfare and Anthem do I want to run ideally?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    Ditch motifs as you need to, If health is dropping dont refresh anything by the healing and dmg reduction ones to get more cadence time.

Optimal situation is all motifs up, but you have to adapt. Similarly, if your group does not need the healing ditch the healing and dmg reduction ones for more dps time. No point putting out loads of wasted aoe heals if they are just overhealing.
    I agree that the aoe healing and 5% healing received motifs can be situational. But I would never ditch the damage reduction motif even if no one is being damaged because you need that motif up for resonance.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Orishas View Post
    I have not raided raided (or even high level characters) but I would imagine it something like:

Cadence, Power Cord, Coda of Distress

Cadence, Power Cord, Coda of Cowardice

repeat.

With more power chords if healing isn't needed -- shorter combo builders to get debuffs up at start, and cooldowns thrown in when appropriate in addition to any abilities from other souls.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTxr2NJHa0

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Autotuned View Post
    I only experienced up to level 30 as a bard but for the most part in groups I would always have up Anthem of glory for the armor. Sometimes it can be useful to throw up your speed buff anthem though, like running back from a wipe, and then switch back to your armor buff when fighting.

For fanfares.. If no one in your party has an endurance buff (unlikely) then you can use yours. Otherwise I used the str/dex buff.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by killaconcept View Post
    pretty easy rotation, get a G series keyboard and program it to play every motif every 30 seconds unless you have more than 1 bard and then you just split up what you want. Then cast cadence twice and then coda of wrath... mix in the healing verses if needed and there ya go.
    I happen to have the G510, but I don't know how to configure it to play a motif every 30 seconds. Could you explain it to me please?

Quote Originally Posted by Autotuned View Post
    I normally run glory anthem and str/dex fanfare since everyone seems to have an END buff

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadewraith View Post
    I happen to have the G510, but I don't know how to configure it to play a motif every 30 seconds. Could you explain it to me please?
    It's really not a good idea to do this since while you aren't paying attention to the macro cycling the same series of motifs every 30 seconds you can easily start another action at the wrong time and ruin your rotation through cutting out parts of it due to the global cooldown.
    That and it's anti the spirit of the game.

That said you could achieve this by making a macro that plays each motif via a simulated keypress on a hotkeyed Motif bound to your hotbar. Insert the appropriate pauses between actions to allow for global cooldowns (and so that keypresses actually have sufficient duration to be recognised as such) e.t.c.
    Then at the end of this run insert a pause long enough so that after the whole macro (pauses included) the first buff cast will be about to run out.
    Assign this to a button and set the repeat option to toggle.

This would make the macro run cyclically casting motifs at the optimal time, without thought to situation or context, entirely robotically... interrupting those lifesaving heals and having motifs go missing when they conflict with your other casts - in short like a blind, deaf and really really dumb machine.
    Last edited by Quoth; 02-21-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
    It's really not a good idea to do this since while you aren't paying attention to the macro cycling the same series of motifs every 30 seconds you can easily start another action at the wrong time and ruin your rotation through cutting out parts of it due to the global cooldown.
    That and it's anti the spirit of the game.

That said you could achieve this by making a macro that plays each macro via a simulated keypress on a Motif bound to your hotbar, with the appropriate pauses between actions to allow for global cooldowns e,t,c,. Then at the end of this run insert a pause long enough so that after the whole macro the first buff cast will be about to run out.
    Assign this to a button and set the repeat option to toggle.

This would make the macro run cyclically casting motifs at the optimal time, without thought to situation or context, entirely robotically... interrupting those lifesaving heals and having motifs go missing when they conflict with your other casts.
    This would be nice if trion did not remove the ability to make macros like this ..

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aramyn878 View Post
    I agree that the aoe healing and 5% healing received motifs can be situational. But I would never ditch the damage reduction motif even if no one is being damaged because you need that motif up for resonance.
    True, I was just illustrating a point. In practice you are entirely correct.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast