+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MM / Ranger / ? best pve range dps ?

Soulwalker

Default MM / Ranger / ? best pve range dps ?

So I've been reading through the forums a lot and I can't decide what to pair the MM / Ranger with. Both the Nightblade and Assassin's have there ups and downs as well as rift blades. I am also hearing that MM / Ranger would be a bade combo to pair with. Any suggestions out there for the Highest DPS wise for PVE?

Quote Originally Posted by Nism0 View Post
    So I've been reading through the forums a lot and I can't decide what to pair the MM / Ranger with. Both the Nightblade and Assassin's have there ups and downs as well as rift blades. I am also hearing that MM / Ranger would be a bade combo to pair with. Any suggestions out there for the Highest DPS wise for PVE?
    Marksman/Ranger have duplicate abilities. You're wrong mmkay.

Riftblade is warrior soul. You're wrong mmkay.

Night blade has more straight up easy to obtain damage bonuses than Assassin. You're wrong mmkay.
    Last edited by somniferous24; 02-21-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somniferous24 View Post
    Marksman/Ranger have duplicate abilities. You're wrong mmkay.

Riftblade is warrior soul. You're wrong mmkay.

Night blade has more straight up easy to obtain damage bonuses than Assassin. You're wrong mmkay.

Just quit Rift or play Defiant so I can get your free HKs.
    what's it like being a prick?

Plane Touched

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1904/fullraiddps.jpg

I have yet to run into any ranger/MM build that can out damage me in PvE

Shadowlander

Pay no attention to the troll behind the curtain!

But as far as MM/Ranger/? goes its hard to say but would work with another ranged soul.

I was running a Bard/Ranger/MM for quite a bit and rarely used the ranged attacks from the MM soul and stayed mainly to the Bard and Ranger skills.
    Starting rotation was mainly; Bard Buffs-Splinter Shot 2 points, Cadence 5 points, Coda of Wraith. Then most things where close to death and could use normal attacks or later ones like Power Cord for 2 points, Cadence and CoW again for tougher mobs.
    The kicker is that most (if not all I hadn't looked at a lot of later skills) can't be Dodged, Parried or Blocked. So it makes hitting things even easier. Bard even has an early tree ability that heals for the damage that Cadence does and can help out a lot in groups or with your pet heals.

I had tried several Rogue builds in the last Beta and the Ranger/Bard/MM and a Nightblade/Assasin build was quite sustainable for soloing. I had swapped the 2nd builds Sab soul later for a Bladedancer for more survivability and seemed to work out rather well in that area.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by blahdot3h View Post
    http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1904/fullraiddps.jpg

I have yet to run into any ranger/MM build that can out damage me in PvE
    So if you can what did your build look like and was Sab your main soul?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Umbradomo View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...cy00koRz.Vhxob

In that instance.

Question: In the last beta I was playing around with a MM/Ranger/Rift. I only leveled to 13, low I know, but I wasn't putting any points in Ranger, just using it for the pet tank for pve.

Is that a waste of a soul?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lewayne View Post
    Question: In the last beta I was playing around with a MM/Ranger/Rift. I only leveled to 13, low I know, but I wasn't putting any points in Ranger, just using it for the pet tank for pve.

Is that a waste of a soul?
    Not at those lvls no.

It wont last long though.

For solo pve early on and before 30 you at least want the Ranger heal.

After 30 you will want to get the greater razorpig which was an amazing tank for the Solo pve build.

My advice is that @ 30 you split into a more PVP build, and a more solo PVE build.

A heavy MM spec is great in group PVE as well as PVP. So even just two roles will get you far.

As far as Ranger without pet:
    The big thing that the MM souls lacks is a snare so you have to get one in your build from another soul.
    Many take the Sab one because its free; but in practice in pvp I prefered the Ranger one. Could just be preference but the ranger snare was well worth 6 points.. I also got 5% crit and an AP buff.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Umbradomo View Post
    Also on a AE packs, you can tell by the large "shrapnel" charge damage and chemical bombs(which are super low damage, so thats a lot of hits ). Some classes will excel on AE damage others wont, just providing a snippet of AEing packs though does nothing for this thread.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cinge View Post
    Also on a AE packs, you can tell by the large "shrapnel" charge damage and chemical bombs(which are super low damage, so thats a lot of hits ). Some classes will excel on AE damage others wont, just providing a snippet of AEing packs though does nothing for this thread.
    This is an entire INSTANCE. An average of the entire instance. On AoE packs I pull 400+ dps, on non-aoe packs I'm pulling 240ish at 35-36. Sabo's that are played correctly out damage MM/Ranger at this level.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2592/aoetosingle.jpg
    Last edited by blahdot3h; 02-21-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Rift Disciple

Use this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xhtoV0AudR.VMc

Gratz you're now number 1 DPS.
    Galt - 50 Rogue

Telaran

I've been thinking about this, and I've been tinkering with a MM/sin/bard build. I just think that ranger/mm have to much of the same. With Assassin, I can melee, and I can stealth. On top of that, my skillls all work with the MM tree. With Bard I get extra hp, ac, dmg avoidance, and self heal. So while the lack of a ranged snare is a concern, its not that much of one. By the time anything gets to me, its at half life. Thats way more dmg than I can do with assassinate, and its a lot easier to pull off, and alot of mobs will stay at range.

sei
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by OneOverX View Post
    Use this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...xhtoV0AudR.VMc

Gratz you're now number 1 DPS.
    This is far from best dps but it a good start. Switching out your main from marks to ranger free up a soul that can be replace with nightblade for the 15% increase dps on builder and finisher and also an extra 3% dps across all your attack

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    I've been thinking about this, and I've been tinkering with a MM/sin/bard build. I just think that ranger/mm have to much of the same. With Assassin, I can melee, and I can stealth. On top of that, my skillls all work with the MM tree. With Bard I get extra hp, ac, dmg avoidance, and self heal. So while the lack of a ranged snare is a concern, its not that much of one. By the time anything gets to me, its at half life. Thats way more dmg than I can do with assassinate, and its a lot easier to pull off, and alot of mobs will stay at range.
    I like your setup for sure it makes more sense that the ranger is kinda useless and I don't wanna use a pet so the marksman works well. It seems like this is a hybrid build and looks very promising.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast