+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 21k dmg/41 kills/0 deaths - The Black Garden - NB/MM/Assassin

Default 21k dmg/41 kills/0 deaths - The Black Garden - NB/MM/Assassin

This was my first time ever pvping in this game and it took place at The Black Garden as a level 15:

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/s...denlevel15.jpg

Andersonsilva

Over 21k damage (almost double the next closest)

41 Kills

0 Deaths

Here is the spec I had at the time:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MfiM.x0o.V0o.0V0c

With this spec I was killing level 16 elites solo in about 15 seconds

Here is the spec that I plan to have at 50 (some things may change however):

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ht0GoxMos.0V0c
    Last edited by Eldratch; 02-21-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    "Death is lighter than a feather. Duty is heavier than a mountain."

Rift Disciple

You only took 4k damage. Any ranged nuking class, mage or rogue, can get pretty high numbers if the other team lets them sit in the back and spam abilities like they're killing mobs for an entire BG. That won't happen outside the 10-19 bracket.
    Last edited by OneOverX; 02-21-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    Galt - 50 Rogue

your build at 15 is nice, but your build at 50 is sucky, less nightblade more assassin more marksman.

Strafe is the most insane ability you have ever seen, Imagine hitting 400 400 400 400 400 every second, then hitting instant cast deadeye shot and doing 1000.

I will be uploading the video but to show case it, but the damage is insane, I duel people and they are dead before they have chance to do anything, rogues of the same level who lack any riftstalker are dead during the first Strafe.

I don't wanna put down what you did, staying back and farming kills is fun, and so easy as marksman, but you where mostly useless to your group, you never carried the fang or killed one of there carriers, I am much more impressed by MM who carry the fang, kill carriers, and still hit massive numbers.
    If my guild tag is red to you, then your already dead...

Good work, but if you look at that screen shot, the Team had 41 kills, you have 15 killing blows, Still a good job. I love my assassin

We will see at 50

If anything I am probably going to drop Assassin soul eventually to get MM up to 31 for strafe and crossfire.

If I did that then I would probably grab either rift, inf, or sabo

It really boils down to play style at the end of the day, but here is my build..
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0AuzR.0VMcx0b
    If my guild tag is red to you, then your already dead...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Enerzeal View Post
    your build at 15 is nice, but your build at 50 is sucky, less nightblade more assassin more marksman.

Strafe is the most insane ability you have ever seen, Imagine hitting 400 400 400 400 400 every second, then hitting instant cast deadeye shot and doing 1000.

You realize that strafe will never do that again right?
    The newer alpha notes said that dot and channeling mechanics will (EDIT: LIKELY) change to crit per dot from now on.
    This removes Strafe from 400, 400, 400 etc.
    Its a huge (indirect) nerf to MM yet again.

But don't forget Hit n Run.
    The only burst that class has in pvp is Hit n Run ,Bulleyes Strafe (now thats gone) . The burst from MM are those c/ds and quick reload.

However it might make a non bulleye strafe crit sometimes too. You just won't get 100% ticks critting like before from bullseye.

Warfronts change drastically from 10-19 to 20-29 to 30-39 and beyond.

Past 30-39 healing is so powerfull that even the highest burst an MM can do might not kill a healer or a person being healed unless you are focus firing with someone else (yes even if you have wings and all buffs you can imagine and every soul specced for damage.)

The regular attacks like swift shot/fan out and other combo generators just get swallowed up in splash heals.

MM is a c/d class in the 30-39. You can still be effective just don't expect to kill when those abilities are not up.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-21-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Shadowlander

Where are these notes as that really ****s mm

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Where are these notes as that really ****s mm
    "* Over-time effects (HoTs, DoTs) will recalculate their outcome for each tick (hit, crit, block, etc)."

Its on the leakers and its been there for days now. Its in the 2/17/11 alphas under "combat changes" section.

On the flipside.. Void and Riftblades got hosed.

As I understand it channeled abilities, are by trion, in the category of dots.
    There is a very slim chance channeled abilities wont be included in this nerf but I really doubt it.

The reasoning I have behind this was that. When Trion made dots able to crit and entire dot chains crit once this was changed ; it was the same for channeled abilities .

Hey I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-21-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Plane Touched

Been there done that. It's fun when the other team just lets you sit back and pew pew.

Don't expect to get away with this against a premade.

Sword of Telara

Not picking fault but you were left alone. you have low incomming dmg and that 41 kills are team kills you were around for. its the kind of numbers I get sitting at the back with a healer. Its because you lived along time, due to not being focused.

Which is good, dont get me wrong. I'd just be a bit hesitant to label this a pvp god spec. If you get focused next time and get pasted you'll be much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    Not picking fault but you were left alone. you have low incomming dmg and that 41 kills are team kills you were around for. its the kind of numbers I get sitting at the back with a healer. Its because you lived along time, due to not being focused.

Which is good, dont get me wrong. I'd just be a bit hesitant to label this a pvp god spec. If you get focused next time and get pasted you'll be much lower.

No worries

I was just posting this because I find this build interesting and it worked my first time out. Obviously I need to get to level 50 before I truely see if it sucks or not.

The main reason I am going Nightblade/MM is so that I can put Fell Blades on enemy healers from 35 meters back.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyBacon View Post
    Been there done that. It's fun when the other team just lets you sit back and pew pew.

Don't expect to get away with this against a premade.
    The largest pre-made you can have in Rift is 5 people.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zooks View Post
    The largest pre-made you can have in Rift is 5 people.
    Good to know, I hadn't heard that.

Still, 5 people coordinating attacks on vent can demolish pugs.

I.E.

heals: sh!t the mm is ****** me
    4 dps: focus mm nao
    dead mm

Quote Originally Posted by OneOverX View Post
    You only took 4k damage. Any ranged nuking class, mage or rogue, can get pretty high numbers if the other team lets them sit in the back and spam abilities like they're killing mobs for an entire BG. That won't happen outside the 10-19 bracket.
    So you are saying that doing good in pvp has nothing to do with the winners skill and has 100% to do with the losing teams lack of skill.

Nobody let me "sit back and spam abilities" and I didn't give the enemies a chance to focus fire me because I am just that good.

When I get past the 10-19 bracket I will go ahead and post another SS here so you can then say that "will never happen outside the 20-29 bracket."

As our president would say "Quit being a playa hater homie."
    Last edited by Eldratch; 02-21-2011 at 03:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast