+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viable MM/Ranger/Assassin PvP spec?

Shadowlander

Default Viable MM/Ranger/Assassin PvP spec?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...VGof0xoc0c.0VM

I was playing around with this and was trying to figure out the best way to be a Marks/Ranger and do PvP. This seems OK if I keep Assassin because you get incapacitate and stealth still from the assassin tree plus the crit bonus and Physical damage bonus, but you also get all the snares and knockbacks in the MM tree and the dire wolf's maul to reduce healing taken by 30%

I'm not sure if I'm losing out on too much damage though. The pet is also going to be kind of squishy... anyone have any better options?
    Last edited by Veltor; 02-21-2011 at 10:17 AM.

I dont understand why you would pair Ranger with Assassin ever. You are stealthing around, why do you want a pet out?
    Last edited by Vespera; 02-21-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed

Your build is decent, but if you want to switch Ranger then this might be a fine build for you:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...udR.xx0M0c.V0x

Great improved damage against players, and alot of options for close quarter combat.
    But might take awhile to get your Prestige up to spec deep into it.
    Last edited by Vespera; 02-21-2011 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed

My Opinion

For a primary assassin build

You will mostly be doing melee damage unless you are doing the pvp standoff ranged battle. Marks is there to give you the ability to do ranged damage, also you get movement enhancer which Sin is REALLY lacking.

Alot of people like to take NB for ranged attacks, but i like the added Movement from Marks.

I also pick up Bladedancer. +hit%, survivability, and a silence and an extra oh **** Sprint if On the double is on cooldown. I wish i had enough points to go down more and pick up the disarm, but alas.

Rogues can be played many ways, I can see instanced where I might want to toss down a pedestal and go to town, but we cant have everything.

Also, this is from a purely pvp perspective.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrave66 View Post
    I dont understand why you would pair Ranger with Assassin ever. You are stealthing around, why do you want a pet out?
    That's a good point. I wasn't really thinking of using assassin for stealthing much. It was really more for the added damage bonuses and the few close quarters attacks just in case someone got up in my face I'd have something to defend myself with.

That looks like a cool build too. I was kind of set on keeping the Marks and Ranger trees, but that looks like it has everything I wanted to do, plus more damage to players. I'm thinking I'll probably do that with some slight variation depending on how the PvP turns out at the max level.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Afflication View Post
    Your build is decent, but if you want to switch Ranger then this might be a fine build for you:

Great improved damage against players, and alot of options for close quarter combat.
    But might take awhile to get your Prestige up to spec deep into it.
    Many thanks for that!!! I had not looked into the infiltrator tree too much. I probably won't be setting on a final PvP build until I get to the max level anyway. I'm sure whatever I'm leveling with at the time will allow me enough mobility/damage to do half decent during leveling. That spec looks pretty much right on par with what I'd like to do, and no pet to not stealth with me.

+ Reply to Thread