+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Weapon Speeds for Sins?

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Kelebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default Weapon Speeds for Sins?

    I was not able to find a post about this so I am starting one. Has anyone tested what is best for Sins as far as weapon speeds. I assume fast/fast daggers for poison procs, however, does the same go for PvP? Would you benifit more from having slow/fast ie sword/dagger for PvP due to the RGN of poison procs? Any thoughts or results from testing appreciated!!

    -Kel

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple iontheable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere out there
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelebra View Post
    I was not able to find a post about this so I am starting one. Has anyone tested what is best for Sins as far as weapon speeds. I assume fast/fast daggers for poison procs, however, does the same go for PvP? Would you benifit more from having slow/fast ie sword/dagger for PvP due to the RGN of poison procs? Any thoughts or results from testing appreciated!!

    -Kel
    No one has played end-game yet. So no one really knows.

    As far as fast/fast for poison proc, poisons are not stacking up to be too much damage even with improved poisons.

    And, as most abilities are weapon damage based, a slower MH at the least seems logical.

    Only time will tell.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Kelebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Ya thats what I was thinking also, seemed to do alot more dps/damage with a slow MH.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iontheable View Post
    No one has played end-game yet. So no one really knows.

    As far as fast/fast for poison proc, poisons are not stacking up to be too much damage even with improved poisons.

    And, as most abilities are weapon damage based, a slower MH at the least seems logical.

    Only time will tell.
    I wish people would do some research before scrambling out nonsense.
    Since beta 6 weapon damage has been normalized so it doesn't matter that much if you use a fast or slow MH weapon for weapon damage based attacks. While leveling I've ran slow/slow, slow/fast & fast/fast. I have to say fast/fast is vastly superior, poisons proc like mad.
    Last edited by Rouxx; 02-21-2011 at 09:10 AM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rouxx View Post
    I wish people would do some research before scrambling out nonsense.
    Since beta 6 weapon damage has been normalized so it doesn't matter that much if you use a fast or slow MH weapon for weapon damage based attacks. While leveling I've ran slow/slow, slow/fast & fast/fast. I have to say fast/fast is vastly superior, poisons proc like mad.
    Would definately go slow mh with high top damage in pvp always.

    There is still a large difference betweent he top damage on slow weapons and fast weapons and since pretty much all skills are based on weapon damage + xxx then it gives u more damage in short bursts.

    In pve dunno what gives out the most high top damage or more poisons procs (didnt bother to test it out for real tbh).

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Tangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bosna I Hercegovina
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Fast/slow doesnt matter.

    Its normalized some patches back, weapon DPS matters, not weapon speed.

    Fast/fast is always better when you have procs included in the calculations, as long as its not PPM, because then that is also normalized.


    For those that don't understand normalized:
    Its made specifically to remove the strength of slow weapons, a slow 25dps weapon should never be better than a fast 30dps weapon, without normalization this is false.
    When normalization is included, this is always true.

    2000 -> 2011 - TACO

    Tangman / Marloc / Valafor

  7. #7
    Soulwalker DeKAPPYtator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangman
    a slow 25dps weapon should never be better than a fast 30dps weapon
    This is not entirely true. Although you see the obvious dps difference between the two weapons, the stats may vary dramatically. While the higher dps on the one weapon appears better, the lower dps weapon could have better stats, upping your overall dps with increases in dex and str. For me, I check stats before I even look at DPS of a weapon.

    As for the matter at hand for the OP, when it comes down to the Assassin soul, I think about it to be similar to a Rogue in WoW (I know another WoW reference). But hear me out before you get all b****y about the reference. When I think about MH vs OH speeds, I think of the weapons as having different roles. The MH is more for the damage of skills, as most (not all, but most) assassin skills are based off of the MH weapon damage. The OH is more of a poison inducer, applying the poisons or buffs I have applied to my weapons. In WoW, it was like this: MH is always slower (for higher top damage) and OH was faster (for poisons). But I haven't played that in a while, so things could have changed. I figure Rift having the same concept.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Fast/slow doesnt matter.

    Its normalized some patches back, weapon DPS matters, not weapon speed.

    Fast/fast is always better when you have procs included in the calculations, as long as its not PPM, because then that is also normalized.


    For those that don't understand normalized:
    Its made specifically to remove the strength of slow weapons, a slow 25dps weapon should never be better than a fast 30dps weapon, without normalization this is false.
    When normalization is included, this is always true.
    If u have 2 weapons each doing 9 dps but 1 does 27-33 damage and is slow and the other does 19-24 damage but is fast (for agument sake).
    This would result in the slower weapon of the two doing more damage with your abilities that does "weapon damage + xx" as those abilities doesnt factor in speed of the weapon and only the damage output (which is higher with the slow weapon).
    This would be better in pvp where as faster weapons will get you more poison procs.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trover View Post
    If u have 2 weapons each doing 9 dps but 1 does 27-33 damage and is slow and the other does 19-24 damage but is fast (for agument sake).
    This would result in the slower weapon of the two doing more damage with your abilities that does "weapon damage + xx" as those abilities doesnt factor in speed of the weapon and only the damage output (which is higher with the slow weapon).
    This would be better in pvp where as faster weapons will get you more poison procs.
    The small damage you gain from slow/fast or slow/slow compared to fast/fast for your strikes is very minimal. You'll have a larger damage output because your poison procs will outdmg your strike damage.
    Last edited by Rouxx; 02-21-2011 at 01:49 PM.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Tangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bosna I Hercegovina
    Posts
    143

    Default

    I really disagree with strikes marginally doing more damage, over the mad amount of damage of weapon procs you get with fast/fast.
    I'll be buying 2 daggers at least, perhaps thats because Im a dagger fanatic, I never understood Sword rogues, youre a rogue, you stab people.

    However, you are correct, assuming same DPS and different weapon ranges, higher range will do a bit more damage, do understand though that for the current discussion dagger vs. sword, you also do have different coefficients.

    2000 -> 2011 - TACO

    Tangman / Marloc / Valafor

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts