+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enjoyed Bard in beta, what to pair it with?

Rift Disciple

Default Enjoyed Bard in beta, what to pair it with?

Im not sure what two other classes to pair bard with, in beta i was bard main then nightblade and riftstalker, but i only really used the bard skills and NB and RS were unused. I see alot of people pairing them with MM and Ranger, but why do you need them when the bard is a good ranged attacker on its own? Seems it can do everything itself (Although a pet could be handy)

Thanks to any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by bignbrown View Post
    Im not sure what two other classes to pair bard with, in beta i was bard main then nightblade and riftstalker, but i only really used the bard skills and NB and RS were unused. I see alot of people pairing them with MM and Ranger, but why do you need them when the bard is a good ranged attacker on its own? Seems it can do everything itself (Although a pet could be handy)

Thanks to any suggestions.
    You don't pair bard with NB for the root abilities per se, you pair it for the Passives. +15% damage on CP builders means 15% more cadence damage and thus 15% more healing. Next you get an additional 9% bonus to non-physical damage. Cadence is life based and thus you get more damage and more healing. It also gives you stealth and a CC. That's why you take NB.

The tertiary soul is a preference game. Some take sab for the snare, some take rift for the escape tools. Blade dancer for the defensive utility, ranger pre-30 for the pet for pve.
    Last edited by Kato; 02-21-2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Typos and auto-correct lols
    Dear Africa, you helped me write this...

Rift Disciple

thanks May stick with NB then, But then im tempted to pair with Sab, or MM/Ranger too!

So many choices

Telaran

This round of beta I went with Bard/Ranger/Nightblade. At level 23 I was about 70% Bard/ 10% Ranger/ 20% Nightblade. Ranger for pet mainly, but the ranged attacks did help pick nme off of high places where my songs didn't reach. Nightblade was really helpful and I intended on putting more points into it, stealth + ranged and stun attacks are nice to have when trying not to get steamrolled by the War's that have your number!

+ Reply to Thread