+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin's Magnify Pain

Shadowlander

Default Assassin's Magnify Pain

The description of Magnify Pain says: "Increases the Critical Hit damage and healing bonus by 20%".

Have anyone tested what this healing bonus is? I mean does it affect all healing effects on oneself or just the ones from Leeching Poison?

Example: I don't have Magnify Pain and get healed for 100 hp. Then I feat Magnify Pain and get healed again, though now it's 120 hp.

If the example is true I would find it interesting to pair with the Riftstalker feat Boosted Recovery, which when fully feated increases all healing effects on oneself by 30%. With Magnify Pain that would either be a 30+20=50% healing bonus or a 30*1.2=36% healing bonus. I would also like to know if it'll be a 50% or 36% healing bonus if anyone would happen to know.

Thanks in advance for any input on the matter

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

It increases Critical Hit damage multipliers. If your ability crits, it'll do 20% more. If it the ability in question can't crit, or didn't crit, it isn't affected.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 02-21-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    It increases Critical Hit damage multipliers. If your ability crits, it'll do 20% more. If it the ability in question can't crit, or didn't crit, it isn't affected.
    Thank you captain obvious, I think that's very clear from the description. What is not clear is what the healing bonus part is, which is also what the whole post is based around and not the critical hit damage bonus.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

How about this, is this better?

It increases Critical Hit multipliers. If your ability crits, it'll crit for 20% more. If it the ability in question can't crit, or didn't crit, it isn't affected.

It only affects your criticals, whether they're heals or attacks.

eg: It would affect the heals from Coda of Restoration, or Motif of Regeneration for bards. That would theoretically be the only "heals" I can think of. Maybe Rejuv for Rangers?

I'm not sure if the RS branch ability Rift Scavenger can critically hit, but it should be affected if so. Can Leeching Poison crit? I haven't played my Rogue since it was changed, it used to return energy.

So it doesn't work in the way you're thinking, and boosted recovery would just increase the healing of whatever skill did crit, by increasing it for 30% more after the fact I would think.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 02-21-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Shadowlander

Ah right thanks now I understand it correctly I think. Too bad it doesn't work the way I wanted it to, although that would be kinda op. But I'll still take it just for the 20% increase to critical damage hits. That's still a lot of damage increase to critical bursts.

Pretty sure the healing effected is only heals cast on yourself by you, so Enduring Brew and maybe Heals from poisons.

+ Reply to Thread