+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simple Sin solution

Default Simple Sin solution

Up the damage on poisons and for God's sake put a snare in one of the poisons (as a secondary or even tertiary effect)
    Yours ,

Lord Haart™
    (Lord Gerald Haart Holmgard)
    > Visit Haartworld™ Here <

Shadowlander

Malicious Strike fixes your problem

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Haart View Post
    Up the damage on poisons and for God's sake put a snare in one of the poisons (as a secondary or even tertiary effect)
    why would we want a snare on poison when we got a strike that does it and gives the class less rng on slow?

buffing damage on poison i would not want to but increasing attackspeed could solve it instead since it would solve also proccs, and give us some more white damage flat in dps, but the main problem is we have alot of broken root abilities such as talent tree abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouxx View Post
    Malicious Strike fixes your problem
    Yeah, I mean drop that and use a snaring poison
    Yours ,

Lord Haart™

Shadowlander

Yeah, I mean drop that and use a snaring poison
    So you have to rely on rng to slow someone?

That makes no sense.

We are only allotted two active poisons, why sacrifice damage for a snare that we already have in Malicious strike?

I've got no comment on the damage of poisons..I want to see their endgame damage before I start speculating, but I wouldn't mind a small buff in that department.

But, getting rid of Malicious Strike and making a WoW2 Crippling Poison doesn't sound like a fix at all..

It sounds more like you being another WoW player that hesitantly cancelled his subscription only to find himself wanting a WoW2 with better graphics in Rift.

NO THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by iontheable View Post
    That makes no sense.

We are only allotted two active poisons, why sacrifice damage for a snare that we already have in Malicious strike?

I've got no comment on the damage of poisons..I want to see their endgame damage before I start speculating, but I wouldn't mind a small buff in that department.

But, getting rid of Malicious Strike and making a WoW2 Crippling Poison doesn't sound like a fix at all..

It sounds more like you being another WoW player that hesitantly cancelled his subscription only to find himself wanting a WoW2 with better graphics in Rift.

NO THANKS!
    Well no, I'm taking it from daoc really. Poison as a 2ndary effect one one of the weaps. And as for the guy that said 'what, ranged only?' , I don't have a clue what you are talking bout
    Yours ,

Lord Haart™

no thanks, learn to use your abilities. Not hard to hit MS.

Upping poison dmg, not the answer in my opinion. We have one ability in the soul tree to enhance poison dmg.

Whats the answer? Im not sure. In pvp its about burst coming out of stealth, In PvE its about being interesting enough and keeping up with other dps classes. Main problem, Our big dmg mechanics revolve around being in stealth. Maybe lower the cooldown on Slip Away, that way we can refresh Jagged on bosses more than once.

Well no, I'm taking it from daoc really. Poison as a 2ndary effect one one of the weaps. And as for the guy that said 'what, ranged only?' , I don't have a clue what you are talking bout

Well, I ate my words a bit there. I was thinking as I made the WoW comment, I remember snaring with my Kobold Rogue through the use of poisons and it rocked.

But here is the thing, they are two *completely* different games, we already have ample abilities that work.

Why not learn to accommodate to the game, rather than the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    why would we want a snare on poison when we got a strike that does it and gives the class less rng on slow?
    Sounds like he is trying to gain a GCD by combining them.
    And I think snare is fine as it is, on a separate ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrave66 View Post
    Maybe lower the cooldown on Slip Away, that way we can refresh Jagged on bosses more than once.
    Haa haa! Nice try! :P

+ Reply to Thread