+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assasin root and talents broken.

Rift Disciple

Default Assasin root and talents broken.

Hello everyone, i have looked into every soul and soul pairing and how it fits with other souls.
    Also i have compared and looked over almost every 31 pointer and every tier of pointers in all dps tree.
    and their later 38 root abilities and i have come to the conclusion.

Assasin tree is broken(bad)

Why so you might say?

Now here comes the funny part most players will come now and say "well its a PVP TREE!" no it isnt?

if you look into ranged and marksman it got more damage burst and more mobility inside their trees than
    The assasin tree, also all souls/callings/classes are PVP/PVE tree there is no tree that are suppose to be played only for pvp.

Simple fact every tier of points in a tree should have a decision to go.

get mobility/damage/survivalness more or less, ofcourse you cant get a mobility in each tier but you get the point,

For an instance lets say you come to tier 5 and upward, there should be a result in getting damage more or less since damage can be used for both pvp and pve
    or an new ability.

I will go into pve scenario becuse here is the biggest flaw and there is to much soul pairing to combine to discus mobility, but to say assasin is immobile soul as going pure into assasin in par of the low dps and dps burst(yes this is correct the damage is awful for this.
    And no damage class want insane burst for low mobility, becuse if u get that, and once the pvp stat comes into play in part of gear they will become a complete joke.

ret paladins anyone before high ammount of resilliance?

Anyway so now lets look into the pve part.

Lets start of with root abilities wich is the main problem and easiest to solve.

first tier of root abilties are fine nothing to argue about plain and simple,
    Second tier we start getting assasinate and stealth nothing wrong with this.

Then we incapacitate,leathal poison,then last but not least elusiveness
    Why in dear god would you like to put elusiveness in a stealthing class that allready also have detection talent in the soul.

Waste of root instead of getting a kick for spells or a new combo finisher that stuns 1/2/3/4/5 seconds and deal alittle damage.

Now we go further into the root abilities expose weakness, awsome! problem is just once, you get into
    Raiding/dungeon or gain most of your rotation going later on you will basicly re apply 70% of the fight after rotation is down with bleeds this debuff.

increase numbers of charges please.

Now we start to get malecious strike nothing special feels fitting.

Now we get baneful touch i will go into this one later on but to come to a conclusion should not be there and should get revamped.

next paralyzing strike feel good fits for pvp and some pve.

after we go into 18 pointer poison malice good fits well since we are focused poison class

however why would u want those 15 water damage to players who hit you? i mean since when will that be big numbers?
    nothing that really will have any impact, since we are an offence class that opens on others in pvp,
    for pve it would also benefit, buff the poison damage or to remove so much rng make it a full duration buff that makes every attack proccs poison instead of a % chance.
    and ofcourse remove 100% damage increase.

Leaching poison now for grinding works ok and pvp works also, jagged strike great to have nothing to complain about.

Impale awsome a bleed debuff fits perfect to not make your rotations so boring and dull, now debiliratiing poison why?

When you got the pvp soul tree that gives you a better one, no reason replace it with somthing useful.

Hidden veil: When activated any damage taken by the rogue will break the rogue out of stealth in 15 seconds.

why? dear god it will first only work for pvp nothing useful in pve also for the fact it would be,
    Awful in pvp anyway since it dont removes any debuffs or anything, replace it with removes all debuffs on the rogue and gives him 90% chance to dodge and resist a spell cast on him for 3 seconds.

good combo with the slip away wich im sure its intended to do but the probloem is you will still keep the dots from hidden veil and you will tick down to death anyway, this would be useful both in pve and pvp.

For pvp you know what for pve lets say nasty debuff on yourself? use hidden veil and less worry about dying, or make it easier for support during raid.

Now here comes the funny part Poison gas as 44 pointer, dear god why oh the pain!

Why would you give a single target dpser an aoe 6 sec confuse effect that will get removed with one aoe spell(wich will trust me happen 99% of the time!)

give us mobility and dps/aoe here,

Vanishing dash The rogue runs forward in stealth striking every enemy in a cone infront of him damaging and putting a slow debuff on them, can be used as an attack or to slip away(it basicly works like riftstalkers blink but you dont blink you charge
    in stealth with both weapons striking.

17 sec cooldown or somthing.

Now 51 pointer serpentstrike replace position with debilirating poison and remove deblirating poison,
    remove baneful touch morth it into serpentstrike do the same thing as baneful touch does, however dont morph the damage from baneful touch ontop of serpentstrike would be to op,
    And ofcourse lower the numbers of serpentstrike due to you gain it earlier wich means higher rank will give more damage.

and make it a finisher!

Now baneful touch got morphed as 38 pointer wich means we are missing a root ability here, add shadow strike the rogues planes into the shadows and hit the target from behind and cleaves every unit around the primary target for xx damage 0 cooldown basicly spamm aoe damaging ability.

51 pointer missing replace with Striking shadows, the rogue melds into the shadows become immune and hits a target from behind from the dark for 8 times basicly its like juggernaught/swiftblades from hon/dota ultimate locks on target dashing out of stealth hits with both weapons from behind vanishing does it again, repeats it 8 times quickly.
    takes 3 seconds while doing this he becomes immune to stun effects or abilities that would cause the rogue to lose control over his character(ofcourse you cant move anyway since you are locked on target for 3 seconds.)

This is what i would see more as fitting for the assasin tree since its focused on stealth use it make them hit from shadows move around hit out of shadows and stuff.

Everything here is samples of something that should get fixed/added numbers tweaked ofc aswell, also everything should prolly not get implemented due to overpowerness to the class and it would become to buffed this is list of suggestions but the serpentstrike/banefultouch morph and expose weakness needs a fix atleast, Numbers should get tweaked on current abilities and new morphed/added Abilities to tweak it in according to balance.
    Last edited by Fuzzah; 02-21-2011 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    Hello everyone, i have looked into every soul and soul pairing and how it fits with other souls.
    Also i have compared and looked over almost every 31 pointer and every tier of pointers in all dps tree.
    and their later 38 root abilities and i have come to the conclusion.

Assasin tree is broken(bad)

Why so you might say?

Now here comes the funny part most players will come now and say "well its a PVP TREE!" no it isnt?

if you look into ranged and marksman it got more damage burst and more mobility inside their trees than
    The assasin tree, also all souls/callings/classes are PVP/PVE tree there is no tree that are suppose to be played only for pvp.

Simple fact every tier of points in a tree should have a decision to go.

get mobility/damage/survivalness more or less, ofcourse you cant get a mobility in each tier but you get the point,

For an instance lets say you come to tier 5 and upward, there should be a result in getting damage more or less since damage can be used for both pvp and pve
    or an new ability.

I will go into pve scenario becuse here is the biggest flaw and there is to much soul pairing to combine to discus mobility, but to say assasin is immobile soul as going pure into assasin in par of the low dps and dps burst(yes this is correct the damage is awful for this.
    And no damage class want insane burst for low mobility, becuse if u get that, and once the pvp stat comes into play in part of gear they will become a complete joke.

ret paladins anyone before high ammount of resilliance?

Anyway so now lets look into the pve part.

Lets start of with root abilities wich is the main problem and easiest to solve.

first tier of root abilties are fine nothing to argue about plain and simple,
    Second tier we start getting assasinate and stealth nothing wrong with this.

Why in dear god would you like to put elusiveness in a stealthing class that allready also have detection talent in the soul.

Waste of root instead of getting a kick for spells or a new combo finisher that stuns 1/2/3/4/5 seconds and deal alittle damage.

Now we go further into the root abilities expose weakness, awsome! problem is just once, you get into
    Raiding/dungeon or gain most of your rotation going later on you will basicly re apply 70% of the fight after rotation is down with bleeds this debuff.

increase numbers of charges please.

Now we start to get malecious strike nothing special feels fitting.

Now we get baneful touch i will go into this one later on but to come to a conclusion should not be there and should get revamped.

next paralyzing strike feel good fits for pvp and some pve.

after we go into 18 pointer poison malice good fits well since we are focused poison class

however why would u want those 15 water damage to players who hit you? i mean since when will that be big numbers?
    nothing that really will have any impact, since we are an offence class that opens on others in pvp,
    for pve it would also benefit, buff the poison damage or to remove so much rng make it a full duration buff that makes every attack proccs poison instead of a % chance.

Leaching poison now for grinding works ok and pvp works also, jagged strike great to have nothing to complain about.

Impale awsome a bleed debuff fits perfect to not make your rotations so boring and dull, now debiliratiing poison why?

When you got the pvp soul tree that gives you a better one, no reason replace it with somthing useful.

Hidden veil: When activated any damage taken by the rogue will break the rogue out of stealth in 15 seconds.

why? dear god it will first only work for pvp nothing useful in pve also for the fact it would be,
    Awful in pvp anyway since it dont removes any debuffs or anything, replace it with removes all debuffs on the rogue and gives him 90% chance to dodge and resist a spell cast on him for 3 seconds.

good combo with the slip away wich im sure its intended to do but the probloem is you will still keep the dots from hidden veil and you will tick down to death anyway, this would be useful both in pve and pvp.

For pvp you know what for pve lets say nasty debuff on yourself? use hidden veil and less worry about dying, or make it easier for support during raid.

Now here comes the funny part Poison gas as 44 pointer, dear god why oh the pain!

Why would you give a single target dpser an aoe 6 sec confuse effect that will get removed with one aoe spell(wich will trust me happen 99% of the time!)

give us mobility and dps/aoe here,

Vanishing dash The rogue runs forward in stealth striking every enemy in a cone infront of him damaging and putting a slow debuff on them, can be used as an attack or to slip away(it basicly works like riftstalkers blink but you dont blink you charge
    in stealth with both weapons striking.

17 sec cooldown or somthing.

Now 51 pointer serpentstrike replace position with debilirating poison and remove deblirating poison,
    remove baneful touch morth it into serpentstrike do the same thing as baneful touch does, however dont morph the damage from baneful touch ontop of serpentstrike would be to op,
    And ofcourse lower the numbers of serpentstrike due to you gain it earlier wich means higher rank will give more damage.

and make it a finisher!

Now baneful touch got morphed as 38 pointer wich means we are missing a root ability here, add shadow strike the rogues planes into the shadows and hit the target from behind and cleaves every unit around the primary target for xx damage 0 cooldown basicly spamm aoe damaging ability.

51 pointer missing replace with Striking shadows, the rogue melds into the shadows become immune and hits a target from behind from the dark for 8 times basicly its like juggernaught/swiftblades from hon/dota ultimate locks on target dashing out of stealth hits with both weapons from behind vanishing does it again, repeats it 8 times quickly.
    takes 3 seconds while doing this he becomes immune to stun effects or abilities that would cause the rogue to lose control over his character(ofcourse you cant move anyway since you are locked on target for 3 seconds.)

This is what i would see more as fitting for the assasin tree since its focused on stealth use it make them hit from shadows move around hit out of shadows and stuff.

Everything here is samples of something that should get fixed/added numbers tweaked ofc aswell, also everything should prolly not get implemented due to overpowerness to the class and it would become to buffed this is list of suggestions but the serpentstrike/banefultouch morph and expose weakness needs a fix atleast, Numbers should get tweaked on current abilities and new morphed/added Abilities to tweak it in according to balance.
    I have to agree with 95% of this post tbh. Sin needs some looking into. One is almost FORCED to take BD as secondary to make it even anywhere near viable in pvp
    Yours ,

Lord Haart™
    (Lord Gerald Haart Holmgard)
    > Visit Haartworld™ Here <

Shadowlander

Silent Footsteps is mandatory for PvP & even with this talent PvE mobs can easily detect you when passing by. Elusiveness eliminates this problem.

If you want a 'kick' skill, spec bladedancer & Foul Play is your stun.

Virulent poison is fine. If it would proc from every auto attack it would be OP as hell.

Those 2 poisons have 2 different effects. It depends on the opponent which one you'll be using.

You have to realise there will be PvP or PvE only abilities in every soul for every class. Not everything can be useful for PvP and PvE.

Just to wrap it up. I'm 99% sure you played WoW, looking at the 'fixes' you suggest. (cloak of shadows & kidney shot). You want all the cool stuff in 1 soul, this is not how Rift works.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rouxx View Post
    Silent Footsteps is mandatory for PvP & even with this talent PvE mobs can easily detect you when passing by. Elusiveness eliminates this problem.

If you want a 'kick' skill, spec bladedancer & Foul Play is your stun.

Virulent poison is fine. If it would proc from every auto attack it would be OP as hell.

Those 2 poisons have 2 different effects. It depends on the opponent which one you'll be using.

You have to realise there will be PvP or PvE only abilities in every soul for every class. Not everything can be useful for PvP and PvE.

Just to wrap it up. I'm 99% sure you played WoW, looking at the 'fixes' you suggest. (cloak of shadows & kidney shot). You want all the cool stuff in 1 soul, this is not how Rift works.
    First of you are saying that elusiveness is needed to not get detected by a mob is so false it can become even without silent footsteps i dont get detected.

either you are a baddie or talking trash, i want a kick or a stun combo pointer for pve and pvp to be able to cancle some castings, wich is needed as a dpser aswell, both for pve and pvp, it will have cooldown and the oponent can anyway use their blink/getaway to prevent from being kicked or fake cast a spell, this is called skill, skill aint standing there casting 24/7 becuse u know he cant kick you anyway.

You can mold pvp talents to work for pve aswell and im sorry for you that you dont realize this, and no i dont want all cool stuff in a soul i want stuff that is needed that should be in the soul instead of things that dont synergize with the soul or the abilities they have atm, wich you dont seem to understand, and you clearly havnt read my post and just saw OH HE WANTS A COMBO STUN! OMG YOU CANT GET THAT!

read again full post check and compare other souls root abilities and synergize and how many none-useful or none synergized/helpful root-abilities/talents they got and go ahead and compare with assasin.

But im pretty sure you wont becuse im 100% sure im right in par of balance.

Read again and check for yourself before you reply, becuse needless to say before you reply you should atleast check information before blabbering out stuff.

Shadowlander

either you are a baddie or talking trash, i want a kick or a stun combo pointer for pve and pvp to be able to cancle some castings, wich is needed as a dpser aswell, both for pve and pvp, it will have cooldown and the oponent can anyway use their blink/getaway to prevent from being kicked or fake cast a spell, this is called skill, skill aint standing there casting 24/7 becuse u know he cant kick you anyway.
    Now I'm 100% sure you come from WoW looking at the attempt to insult cause you dont agree.
    Why do you want a stun based on CP when you can get Foul Play? If you want a kick combine sin with bladedancer.
    This is how Rift works, you want mobility? spec riftstalker. You want stun & perma stealth? spec sin. You want tools? spec bladedancer.

You can mold pvp talents to work for pve aswell and im sorry for you that you dont realize this, and no i dont want all cool stuff in a soul i want stuff that is needed that should be in the soul instead of things that dont synergize with the soul or the abilities they have atm, wich you dont seem to understand, and you clearly havnt read my post and just saw OH HE WANTS A COMBO STUN! OMG YOU CANT GET THAT!
    Indeed you can't get that cause you got Foul Play.

read again full post check and compare other souls root abilities and synergize and how many none-useful or none synergized/helpful root-abilities/talents they got and go ahead and compare with assasin.

Read again and check for yourself before you reply, becuse needless to say before you reply you should atleast check information before blabbering out stuff.
    I'm indeed not going to reread you're bad written rant about how you want assassin soul to be like a rogue in WoW.
    What level were you during beta?
    Last edited by Rouxx; 02-21-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Soulwalker

Actually if we talk about PvP

look here

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_b_..xx

root after 10 talent points spent mag debuffs remove + immune 5 secs

I agree that sin need more burst ony this and mayby some root or slow with no global cooldown and ye.. interupt ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Nameth View Post
    Actually if we talk about PvP

look here

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M_b_..xx

root after 10 talent points spent mag debuffs remove + immune 5 secs

I agree that sin need more burst ony this and mayby some root or slow with no global cooldown and ye.. interupt ofc
    tbh, riftstalkers top talent is what is really broken, planar switch is just really counter-synergetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

First of you are saying that elusiveness is needed to not get detected by a mob is so false it can become even without silent footsteps i dont get detected.

Is this guy for real?????!?!?!?1

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rouxx View Post
    Now I'm 100% sure you come from WoW looking at the attempt to insult cause you dont agree.
    Why do you want a stun based on CP when you can get Foul Play? If you want a kick combine sin with bladedancer.
    This is how Rift works, you want mobility? spec riftstalker. You want stun & perma stealth? spec sin. You want tools? spec bladedancer.

Indeed you can't get that cause you got Foul Play.

I'm indeed not going to reread you're bad written rant about how you want assassin soul to be like a rogue in WoW.
    What level were you during beta?
    Read again i did not insult him, i said get information before you come with false words wich he did wich is imo lying, since the report is about getting real feedback not false feedback, so please by all means if anyone is acting immature its you that thought i was insulting him.

And you are saying "You got blade dancer for kick" you dont need it, Sure why not just remove all root abilities from 38 points on all talents. since that is what you are talking about hybrid specc should only exist, you didnt figure that they did 51 root points becuse they wanted to se ppl using diffrent speccs, some hybrid some purespecc with diffrent advantages?

exactly so no, and if having 2 kick silences? and it would feel op you could allways set them on shared cooldown(this is called balance and how to solve broken things instead of having it "YOUR WAY" wich you only want.

Im looking into perspective of all other souls have you? i guess not becuse you are playing blindfolded trying to find the best class and once you found somthing awsome, you dont care about reporting balance if its overpowered/balanced.

This is our job as beta testers to do this to get best result of the game/product, so boy please dont tell me i am insulting you im just saying if you are going to come with feedback or anything you better come with correct information.

what he said when he said you need elusiveness to be able to engange an opponent/mob of equal level, is false.

Its like saying this "riftstalkers" dont have any mobility or blinks!
    and u bloddy know they have mobility!

Read again i did not insult him, i said get information before you come with false words wich he did wich is imo lying, since the report is about getting real feedback not false feedback, so please by all means if anyone is acting immature its you that thought i was insulting him.

And you are saying "You got blade dancer for kick" you dont need it, Sure why not just remove all root abilities from 38 points on all talents. since that is what you are talking about hybrid specc should only exist, you didnt figure that they did 51 root points becuse they wanted to se ppl using diffrent speccs, some hybrid some purespecc with diffrent advantages?

exactly so no, and if having 2 kick silences? and it would feel op you could allways set them on shared cooldown(this is called balance and how to solve broken things instead of having it "YOUR WAY" wich you only want.

Im looking into perspective of all other souls have you? i guess not becuse you are playing blindfolded trying to find the best class and once you found somthing awsome, you dont care about reporting balance if its overpowered/balanced.

This is our job as beta testers to do this to get best result of the game/product, so boy please dont tell me i am insulting you im just saying if you are going to come with feedback or anything you better come with correct information.

what he said when he said you need elusiveness to be able to engange an opponent/mob of equal level, is false.

You raged pretty fast.

I agree you're looking to mold this character exactly into WoW's Rogue.

You know, a class isn't broken if they can't stun/twart any and every incoming attack..right?

Sometimes you have to eat a little damage.

All of you carebears who honestly, cannot play the class for **** are going to end up getting us a buff across the board, followed by a massive nerf 2 weeks thereafter.

SO STOP COMPLAINING and switch to VK or something if you're looking to just have an easier class.

**edit**

lol I couldn't even see other line in your first post, it was just a huge wall of "I'm too incompetent to learn how a Soul was meant to be played"

Please renew your WoW Subscription and stay away from Rift.
    Last edited by iontheable; 02-21-2011 at 10:50 AM.

This is not WoW. If you want your WoW assassin I suggest you go back to WoW. If not adapt and learn how to play the soul.

Shadowlander

You do realise me & 'him' are the same person, right?

Judging from other people who already commented on your posts, it's clear that your arguments are poor.

Clearly what I understand of this discussion is, Roux is kinda skitzo.
    HE IS 2 ENTITIES.

2000 -> 2011 - TACO

Tangman / Marloc / Valafor

+ Reply to Thread