+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Assassin PvP Video

Plane Touched

Default Assassin PvP Video

A lot of people doubt the assassin as a capable soul of its own, but I myself must disagree. After my first attempt back a couple of betas ago I thought it was horrible too. After giving assassin another try though it is easily one of my favorites for PvP and PvE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EzZMlaTSco

Assassin is a great soul, and I really don't think it needs buffs like most people say. Only thing that would be nice is a healing reduction poison, but you can get that from two other sources so it really isn't a big deal.

Default ..

Nothing against your performance but the enemy isn't targeting you, your opponents are running and in most battles you have tons of help. So while you may be good at pvp, it doesn't really show that the assassin is good with damage (it's not). A MM can annihilate an assassin and a cleric or warrior can destroy both of them.
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Maybe hes just playing like a Assassin should be?

Disclaimer: Didnt watch the video.

What's with all of these videos of people doing the Carlton dance in their briefs.... This must be the 3rd one I've seen today.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Good video, that's probably the deadliest assassin vid I've seen so far. I noticed you don't open with a stun, why is that?
    Understanding the Sab

Prestige 3

assassin what based on DoT dmg need friends.. i saw ur vid in many way u should take down ur target faster, stun or assassinate on beggin be a better option, many times after stuns my target have around 20-30% of hp.

Soon my vid will show ^^
    Last edited by Varvacsen; 02-21-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Nothing against your performance but the enemy isn't targeting you, your opponents are running and in most battles you have tons of help. So while you may be good at pvp, it doesn't really show that the assassin is good with damage (it's not). A MM can annihilate an assassin and a cleric or warrior can destroy both of them.
    Most of my targets are actually the healers, that could or could not explain why I don't get attacked back. I get a lot of help, if you want to call it that because it is a warfront so usually people are assisting. If me taking down clerics/chloros without help (there are parts where I am attacking them alone) is bad damage still, then that is your opinion. Oh, and people always say assassins have no survivability, they should be lurking in the shadows and not get attacked... Well I just showed an assassin doing that and someone says something about not getting attacked.

Oh, and the Carlton dance is just awesome. I know it is probably overused, but I enjoy it still.

As for not opening with paralyzing strike, I prefer jagged because of how they changed stuns. If you use foul play after paralyzing, it'll last like one second? So instead, I start with jagged > puncture > impale and then follow that with a foul play so I got them there with all my bleeds and stunned for 4 seconds usually at around half HP. Clerics are very killable with this as long as you kill them in those 4 seconds.

I don't really depend on assassinate either, because the positioning bugs me a lot. I don't even have backstab or advanced flanking. I prefer to be able to just walk up to someone, hit them however I please and still do a lot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    Most of my targets are actually the healers, that could or could not explain why I don't get attacked back. I get a lot of help, if you want to call it that because it is a warfront so usually people are assisting. If me taking down clerics/chloros without help (there are parts where I am attacking them alone) is bad damage still, then that is your opinion. Oh, and people always say assassins have no survivability, they should be lurking in the shadows and not get attacked... Well I just showed an assassin doing that and someone says something about not getting attacked.

Oh, and the Carlton dance is just awesome. I know it is probably overused, but I enjoy it still.

As for not opening with paralyzing strike, I prefer jagged because of how they changed stuns. If you use foul play after paralyzing, it'll last like one second? So instead, I start with jagged > puncture > impale and then follow that with a foul play so I got them there with all my bleeds and stunned for 4 seconds usually at around half HP. Clerics are very killable with this as long as you kill them in those 4 seconds.

I don't really depend on assassinate either, because the positioning bugs me a lot. I don't even have backstab or advanced flanking. I prefer to be able to just walk up to someone, hit them however I please and still do a lot of damage.
    Sounds reasonable, good luck with your build.
    Understanding the Sab

Prestige 3

I like the video. I say well played, a lot of ppl are only happy if they are the "OP" class. Ive been planning to play a similar way on one soul.

As long as you win it doesnt matter how ugly it is, lol.
    www.black-company.org
    Cur ante tubam tremor occupat artus?

Black Company Battalion Commander - Guild Liaison

Shadowbane- Death, Entropy, several others. WaR-REM to Iron Rock. Aion- Triniel (quit at server merge)

Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    A lot of people doubt the assassin as a capable soul of its own, but I myself must disagree. After my first attempt back a couple of betas ago I thought it was horrible too. After giving assassin another try though it is easily one of my favorites for PvP and PvE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EzZMlaTSco

Assassin is a great soul, and I really don't think it needs buffs like most people say. Only thing that would be nice is a healing reduction poison, but you can get that from two other sources so it really isn't a big deal.
    Yea, glad you're liking the class..

but tbh this wasn't a great display of an Assassin's abilities nor capabilities.

They are not a 'run in and hack and slash' playstyle..that's a warrior you're looking for..or RS

In most BG clips, especially the Black Garden, the competition was pathetic..any number of those scrubs could have wtf pwned you if they knew how to play their class at half their potential. And, all your fight are not necessarily going to be in your favor for sheer man power, so you have to think about who you attack first. All for one..

not sure of the build you are running, but if you are primarily going for cleric/ caster killing power might I make a suggestion.

I run a Blade/Sin/MM build that works well against clerics. MM for speed boost, Blade for dodge/hit%/ and a silence.

So an example would be...

Jagged/Puncture/Impale...Foul Play, Hit Hit, hit, Puncture, Impale. Then Blinding powered when they start to heal ( will interupt casting) then Silence, hit hit , puncture, impale. Once they are out of silence and they start another heal, Knockback (to interupt) On the Double to close, swift shot while closing, impale etc. with this build, you have 4 abilities to stop them from healing.

Only thing i really miss with this build is Phase Shift from RS. But run speed from On the Double/ or Sprint kinda makes up for it

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrave66 View Post
    Only thing i really miss with this build is Phase Shift from RS. But run speed from On the Double/ or Sprint kinda makes up for it
    I can't live without RS, not in PVP at least..On the Double and Sprint are awesome till you're rooted..unless you get 'Getaway' of course, but that's sinking too much into a ranged soul for a Melee build, imo

'different strokes

Rift Disciple

You aint good enuff by looking how you play, to come with any conclusions about the class especially with those rotations you do. Sorry

at lvl 50, I will have getaway with this build to overcome that root problem. Can also look into Infiltrator instead of NB to pick up some of the things you lack. Chance to increase spell cast times on hit, CC breaks , etc.

Soulwalker

here is my vid from beta 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYJDqRHAqKY

now I was lv 41 in open beta but i didnt take any vid from it anyway I changed my playing style a bit I fight a lot more with dots mayby its not how assassin should looks like from my view but what else can I do unless they will change this tre a bit

Personaly Im rly curious about 51 point talent it might be some way to do non-dot burst on target but this 10 sec dc makes me pesymistic well we gonna see my current pvp build looks like this

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...x0fod0R.VMxR0z

waiting for your toughts cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast