+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger leveling strat

Telaran

Default Ranger leveling strat

I've played mostly with Bard and Sabatuer (and a little riftstalker) for beta but I figure ranger/marksman leveling seems like it would the best for solo questing. I haven't had the time before end of beta to really experiment and compare damage output/safety/speed.

It seems like there would be 2 'main' strategies for this, which have, you that have tried them, found to be more effective.

DPS pet + rogue hold aggro and kite using crippling shot/Swift shot/hasted shot/adhesive bomb and repelling shot

or..
    Tank Pet+ rogue use DPS shots such as shadow fire, splinter shot, empowered shot and headshot.

I realize situations will call for both (kite on stuff your pet can't tank, dont kite on areas with lots of mobs) but whats your 'goto' strat?
    Last edited by Orishas; 02-20-2011 at 06:11 PM.

Soulwalker

--Tank Pet+ rogue use DPS shots such as shadow fire, splinter shot, empowered shot and headshot.--

Kill speed seems about the same. Kiting your not auto attacking and trying to avoid pulling to many mobs. I would go with the tank and pet HoT for quick smooth leveling.

Though I think im gana do sab to lvl . Just will be more fun for me. Silent set up mob starts at half health trap/land mine them, dead before it gets to you. I will either have a pet or BD for aoe pulls.
    Last edited by snowflake; 02-21-2011 at 06:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread