+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expose Weakness

Rift Disciple

Default Expose Weakness

Does expose weakness for Assassin scale at all?

P.S. as far as the tooltip goes I found many are unreliable and its hard to tell how much it is actually doing since the damage of the things it boosts varies so much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Serial Sniper View Post
    Does expose weakness for Assassin scale at all?

P.S. as far as the tooltip goes I found many are unreliable and its hard to tell how much it is actually doing since the damage of the things it boosts varies so much.
    Damage Parsers are cool.

Im asuming he meant at higher levels. No need to be a complete and utter troll.

Yes there are more ranks for Expose Weakness. So in a sense yes it will scale. The only problem i have about this spell (sry to thread hijack kinda) is when all of my bleeds are rolling, itll drop off in like 5 seconds, enough for 3 other spells, accounting for server lag/GCD. It should really be looked at and changed imo, maybe make it add a combo point, or make it a 10 second duration with 0 stacks. Either of these would make a viable option.

Telaran

Expose Weakness Ranks:
    Level 10: 5 damage
    Level 16: 7 damage
    Level 22: 9 damage
    Level 28: 11 damage
    Level 34: 12 damage
    Level 40: 14 damage
    Level 46: 16 damage

As you can see, it does have multiple ranks and scale... but it seems to me that the amount that it scales with doesn't keep up with the health of what you're fighting. Worded another way: 5 damage per hit at level 10 seems like it would be much more valuable than 16 damage per hit at 50.

the only thing you have to care about is what is the damage total because the charges get used up so fast.

at lvl 10 : 20* 5=100dmg in one gcd. is that more then the best alternative? (yes, it is by far)
    at lvl 46+: 20*16=320dmg in one gcd. is that more then the best alternative? (dont know, but believe yes, it is)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyK View Post
    the only thing you have to care about is what is the damage total because the charges get used up so fast.

at lvl 10 : 20* 5=100dmg in one gcd. is that more then the best alternative? (yes, it is by far)
    at lvl 46+: 20*16=320dmg in one gcd. is that more then the best alternative? (dont know, but believe yes, it is)
    Unfortunately, I very seriously doubt that it is better. 320 damage is easily obtainable in one shot from various abilities that take only one gcd at around level 30. However, we also have to consider whether or not the damage from this skill is enhanced by attack power, the physical damage enhancing talents that the assassins get and so on.
    I do think it's a good question though given what we know.
    Last edited by mambome; 02-21-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Telaran

If the bonus damage from Expose Weakness does scale with attack power, then it very well might be worth an in-battle GCD at 50.

If not then it looks like it would be primarily used from stealth before a jagged or ambush.

Quote Originally Posted by Xetal View Post
    If the bonus damage from Expose Weakness does scale with attack power, then it very well might be worth an in-battle GCD at 50.

If not then it looks like it would be primarily used from stealth before a jagged or ambush.
    The fact that it doesn't break stealth is something else I didnt factor in, as I never use stealth.

+ Reply to Thread