+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some stealth questions

Soulwalker

Default Some stealth questions

What is the difference between Camouflage and stealth in the assassin tree? Also wondering how stealth works...does stealth work in this game like it does in wow or more like in DaoC?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Telfear View Post
    What is the difference between Camouflage and stealth in the assassin tree? Also wondering how stealth works...does stealth work in this game like it does in wow or more like in DaoC?
    its exactly like wow just that it has duration period unless you specc into permanent in assasin tree, you cant stealth in combat etc, use an ability and you destealth. its basicly like wow.

Plane Touched

another question, does assassin able to steath even when his doted?
    cause today theres a sin, I dot him but he still able to steath and run away

Telaran

To stealth yourself you have to be out of combat that means that you have to be damage free and that you don't have dot's on any target UNLESS you have one of the high lvl Assassin soul ability (slip away) that let you stealth in combatt AND make you immune to all damage for 3 secs (unless I'm wrong on duration).
    If you ask to me is a too strong ability..when things is getting bad they have just to hit that button to save themself!

Quote Originally Posted by algol80 View Post
    To stealth yourself you have to be out of combat that means that you have to be damage free and that you don't have dot's on any target UNLESS you have one of the high lvl Assassin soul ability (slip away) that let you stealth in combatt AND make you immune to all damage for 3 secs (unless I'm wrong on duration).
    If you ask to me is a too strong ability..when things is getting bad they have just to hit that button to save themself!
    That is the whole point of playing a rogue though =) That's why you have names such as "Backstab" "Cheap shot" "Sinister Strike" and so on. They play dirty, even use poison. The slip away ability is a lot like Vanish in that "other game". When the going gets too tough, the rogue vanishes and runs off to lick wounds, or plot revenge.

OP, regular stealth has a time limit on it. After X amount of time, I believe 30 secs, you come outta stealth. Improved stealth removes that timer, you are now stealth until you come out of it from DMG or you cancle it. Slip away lets you vanish, while in combat or not, into stealth. It allows you to not take dmg for 3 secs, and breaks all root and snare. It is on a 2 min cool down. So, if you had dot's on you and used it, you would avoid the dots for 3 secs, but after that you would come back outta stealth. That's for the Assassin soul, anyway

Camoflage is the same as improved stealth. So the tool tip says. You stay in stealth indefinitly. Nothing else. So it is improved stealth. That is the Infiltrator soul, PVP soul

"I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I've played WOW, Darkfall, DAOC, Shadowbane, WAR, GW, L2 and UO. I have faith Rift will be my new home!!

+ Reply to Thread