+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bladedancer in PVE

Rift Disciple

Default Bladedancer in PVE

Hey i was in B7 and at level 19 i tried Bladedancer it seemed really god and dps seemed good but im woundering if its good dps would groups still take me? or wouldi be better off with asssassin or nightblade

Rift Disciple

anyone at all who played bladedancer main?

Rift Disciple

No just no blade dance is a joke in terms of dps due to the fact its a root tree for every other rogues trees, its abilities are awful.

Sadly this is true.

Why? well it got awsome passive and bladetempo is great! however almost all major attacks rely on dodge and parry and for pve raiding as dps u will have hit to not get dodged/parries/miss becuse u lose energy and global cooldown for it.

the only reason why ppl specc into blade dancer is for the hit the weapon damage increaser and blade tempo and for pvp maybe the charge but for pvp riftstalker would be better since adds 3 mobility in terms of points into the tree.

Frankly its sad to see it as this and they should fix all its abilities to become strikes without needing any dodge/parry/miss.

but ofcourse keep some of the defensive lowtier pointers becuse riftstalker must have love to not only the tree itself becuse they want to have somthing to hybrid specc into.

So to the conclusion playing dps pve or pvp blade dancer is a joke and tbh its even more of a joke than assasin is.

Its sad to say tbh but its actually is like this
    and i hope they fix it soon just as much as assasin needs to get fixed soon.

blade dancer have also downtime wich other builds dont have, also its damage is low compared to rest so no advice if you want melee dps? then go assasin/nb/bladedancer for pve instancing and for levling assasin/nb/riftstalker for levling.

nb also works ok as for levling.
    Last edited by Fuzzah; 02-20-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    No just no blade dance is a joke in terms of dps due to the fact its a root tree for every other rogues trees, its abilities are awful.

Sadly this is true.

Why? well it got awsome passive and bladetempo is great! however almost all major attacks rely on dodge and parry and for pve raiding as dps u will have hit to not get dodged/parries/miss becuse u lose energy and global cooldown for it.

the only reason why ppl specc into blade dancer is for the hit the weapon damage increaser and blade tempo and for pvp maybe the charge but for pvp riftstalker would be better since adds 3 mobility in terms of points into the tree.

Frankly its sad to see it as this and they should fix all its abilities to become strikes without needing any dodge/parry/miss.

but ofcourse keep some of the defensive lowtier pointers becuse riftstalker must have love to not only the tree itself becuse they want to have somthing to hybrid specc into.

So to the conclusion playing dps pve or pvp blade dancer is a joke and tbh its even more of a joke than assasin is.

Its sad to say tbh but its actually is like this
    and i hope they fix it soon just as much as assasin needs to get fixed soon.

blade dancer have also downtime wich other builds dont have, also its damage is low compared to rest so no advice if you want melee dps? then go assasin/nb/bladedancer for pve instancing and for levling assasin/nb/riftstalker for levling.

nb also works ok as for levling.
    Yeah i know every other thing was dodge this parry that .. its so stupid why call it a offensive one i guess ill sticck with NB for now then dont mind it NB is pretty strong.. i just dont wanna go MM and sabo is so boring lol

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Athamas View Post
    anyone at all who played bladedancer main?
    i levelled BD/RS/NB to 30 and really enjoyed it.

For PVE i would probably switch out riftstalker for assasin though i never actually got around to trying it out on beta.
    But something like this for pve damage: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....0VMcx0b.V0xMh
    on paper looks like it should do decent damage, theres very few points spent on utility or defense.

Theres 2 points left over and im not quite sure where they would be best spent.. perhaps puncture(sin) and flame thrust(nb), because sometimes melee is suicide and that way would also unlock poison malice and fiery chains aswell as the aforementioned abilities, or maybe 2/3 Combat Culmination. I'm not experienced with assasin so i cant be entirely sure whats what yet.

Personally, and from a pvp perspectiive, i'd love to see some of the dodge/parry talents replaced with talents that offer some protection against magic, but as you can see from that build you dont have to spend points in the defensive talents to progress up the BD tree if all you are doing is pve.

Definately i agree the extra damage mechanisms on dodges and parry will rarely be usefull in PVE save for questing/grinding mobs but they could be usefull in pvp, or to supplement a rift tank build.

"LOL!!!bladedancer in pvp ahahahaha!" i hear you all scoff. Sure it may be sub optimal not everyone wants to play the optimal faceroll spec beleive it or not, and i did pretty well in the warfronts i played, though i admit i went in there with a pocket healer and warrior. Also a 5%crit buff to your raid is not to be sniffed at, that seems like a very powerfull buff.

I'll be rolling BD in headstart. I was gonna roll shaman/justicar but then i tried BD and there was no going back. He's a lovely mover! You should see some of the shapes he can throw.

OH! and i love not having infinate stealth too. Maybe im just strange, but it feels more rewarding to stealth from one hidden spot to another before it fades, rather than just stealthing forever. Feels rougey, sneaky sneaky!. I got my charge too (flash of steel) which was basically the only thing i ever liked about warriors in that other mmo which shall not be named.

sorry this isnt very well structured im rambling a bit.
    Last edited by porps; 02-20-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Telaran

I wonder how the DPS would be on something like this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0VRcx0b.V0xMho

You get all the Bladedancer offensive abilities without picking up any of the dodge-based ones, so you should get a good amount of DPS for the points you spend in Bladedancer.

Assassin as a secondary provides you with +5% crit, +20% crit damage, +10% damage after you crit, stacking bleeds after you crit, +4% physical damage, Expose Weakness, and Lethal Poison. Overall you get a lot of mileage out of the 18 points.

Nightblade as a third spec gives you +15% damage to your combo point generating and burning abilities, Hellfire Blades which should keep a 5% damage bonus going all the time, +3% damage, spammable AoE, Sap, and a very powerful damage cooldown.

If you put the three together I think you might have a viable DPS build as a Bladedancer.

Soulwalker

yeah i would never use bladedancer as main if i was interested in Dpsing in a PvE/Raid setting. Half the abilities and talents in bladedancer which actually increase your Dps actually require you to dodge or parry first, which will never happen in a dungeon or raid as you are hitting the mob from behind.

BD is a great secondary soul for Riftstalkers that want to tank. I haven't tried it as offensive DPS though.

Rift Chaser

Blade dancers make great World/Pve levers due to their "never miss" and extra attacks on dodge (You are the "tank" while you level)

They are also excellent as a 2nd or 3rd soul for PvP for exactly this reason - Good CDs, Good dodge, and extra damage when you do dodge.

And they pair well in Tank Specs too (+5% dodge talent, +5% dodge finisher, +6% talented parry on said finisher)

Basically...Bladedancers, much like Assassins, make a great "pairing" soul.

Get Bladedancer/Riftstalker/Bard, have a stupid amount of endurance and dexterity and tank stuff. I believe that's what it was intended to do.

If you're looking for pure melee DPS souls, you're probably better off with Nightstalker and Assassin.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zephris View Post
    Blade dancers make great World/Pve levers due to their "never miss" and extra attacks on dodge (You are the "tank" while you level)

They are also excellent as a 2nd or 3rd soul for PvP for exactly this reason - Good CDs, Good dodge, and extra damage when you do dodge.

And they pair well in Tank Specs too (+5% dodge talent, +5% dodge finisher, +6% talented parry on said finisher)

Basically...Bladedancers, much like Assassins, make a great "pairing" soul.
    You do notcie that you wont miss if u follow the hit rating formula? so what you said is just so far off its nothing to talk about.

Shadowlander

The thing most people forget in this thread is the main important thing.. That bladedancer is very good for stacking up combo points fast. Assassin is as well. BD paired with sin will give you 5 combo points so quickly that you can use finishers very often. This makes BD paired with sin very good dps-wise for pvp and solo pve. These two paired with riftstalker gives 0 downtime between pulls and the ability to pull several mobs at the same time and have 100% left after the fight still. I've been leveling BD/Sin/Riftstalker to 35 during the beta events and it works very well. I kill fast and almost never die, without having to rely on a tanking pet or having to wait between pulls to regenerate health. This is my spec at 35, which I use for both pve and pvp [click here], and this is what I'm going for at 50 [click here]. Hopefully you will see that there's a very good synergy between these 3 souls with the setup I linked.

Never tried BD as primary soul until today. Mind I only was level 16. I paired BD with MM (for ranged and the ranged finisher) and Assassin. And I must say, for soloing it was incredible easy and fun.

I agree with above poster. BD paired with Assassin is some great CP builder. If it is better then for example Assassin/NB I have no idea.

At least, the test of today made me doubt what souls I start with as a melee rogue

Soulwalker

Im playing bd/assa/nb right now, with focus on the bladedancer, and I do great in pvp, cant kill healers though, but hey, if it took 1 man to kill a healer it wouldn't be any fun, right?

oh the thread was about PVE, well, I do fine in PVE too, but when killing bosses I'm not as good as I'd be if I spent more points in riftstalker
    Last edited by ddewe; 02-21-2011 at 10:13 AM.

I've been playing a Blade Dancer as my main the entire time. The comments about not having enough DPS are not 100% accurate. They aren't burst DPS, they're sustained DPS that can be higher than most other rogues as they build combo points much quicker.

I've enjoyed the class and although some abilities are based off dodge it's not "all" or "most" Overall I am happy with the class as a main soul and am expecting that at level 50 things should continue to round out.

We'll see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast