+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin Ranger Marksman

Default Assassin Ranger Marksman

I've been playing around with a build like this in Beta and it seems really cool let me know what you think

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.GVMcxc0M.VMc

Why not put one point into improved stealth?

Not a fan of the split focus between melee/ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Haliit View Post
    Not a fan of the split focus between melee/ranged
    But most of the points in assisin help with Ranged weapons Poison Bleeds ect.. work with ranged.

A lot of them do, yes, but you also have a good number of "wasted" points IMO. Improved Savage Strike and Improved Final Blow. You could take those and put them into things like Magnify Pain, Improved Stealth, Blinding Powder, Foul Play, Silent Footsteps.

Also not a huge fan of the poison talents. Potency is decent but not great for this build, and mastery is a waste I think.

You want at least 32 points in Marksman for Reload. Master Archer isn't great. You want Keen Eye, especially for PvP. Sharpshooter and Sniper training can be good, but after you get all the essentials, like Repelling Shot, On The Double/Getaway. Get Rapid Extrication.

If this is a PvE soul, Ranger needs to be at least 24 for higher level stuff. If it's PvP, just drop it entirely. Improved Quick Shot is a waste because you'll be using Swift Shot as your spam. And if you were to use Ranger for a PvP Marksman build, it would be for Crippling Shot, which you didn't take.

Lots of improvements can be made. It would help to know what you're going for

Quote Originally Posted by Haliit View Post
    A lot of them do, yes, but you also have a good number of "wasted" points IMO. Improved Savage Strike and Improved Final Blow. You could take those and put them into things like Magnify Pain, Improved Stealth, Blinding Powder, Foul Play, Silent Footsteps.

Also not a huge fan of the poison talents. Potency is decent but not great for this build, and mastery is a waste I think.

You want at least 32 points in Marksman for Reload. Master Archer isn't great. You want Keen Eye, especially for PvP. Sharpshooter and Sniper training can be good, but after you get all the essentials, like Repelling Shot, On The Double/Getaway. Get Rapid Extrication.

If this is a PvE soul, Ranger needs to be at least 24 for higher level stuff. If it's PvP, just drop it entirely. Improved Quick Shot is a waste because you'll be using Swift Shot as your spam. And if you were to use Ranger for a PvP Marksman build, it would be for Crippling Shot, which you didn't take.

Lots of improvements can be made. It would help to know what you're going for
    Thanks for the info I appreciate the feedback. I'm mainly going for PVE and would eventually like to do instances and raids.

+ Reply to Thread