+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with Rogue Dungeon/Raid build

Soulwalker

Default Need help with Rogue Dungeon/Raid build

Anyone got a BA dungeon/raid build they'd like to share?

I have already decided on my tanking build (removed), pvp build (removed) and solo build (below)

Solo Build (http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MNMp.E.G0Rfhsc0dbM)

(yes i know those are only for lvl 30, gonna get that far and see where it takes me)

A big question i have is do ya'll think progressing my Solo build (above) will also do well in dungeons?

Just looking for helpful input, ty in advance
    Last edited by Whyat; 02-20-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Soulwalker

For your tank build, I'd say you have too many points in bladedancer. As a tank, you want to be able to take damage and hold aggro, not so much deal damage. More damage would be a perk, but it's like a last priority as a tank. The dodge is good, though. IMO, you should put at least 12 points into bard for the AOE healing and other buffs. With Rift Disturbance and a couple Planar Strikes here and there, you should be able to cadance for most of your combo points and still hold aggro just fine. Also, I don't really consider the planeshifting buffs to be particularly great for a PVE tank, just because you probably won't use them as often as the rift guard in a long fight, but that might just be a personal preference. PVP tanking is a different matter, but I still do well with a mostly riftstalker/bard build in PVP. I'm not really much of a threatby myself, but I keep my team alive, and those bard debuff finishers are pretty nasty in PVP.

Your PVP build looks ok, although I'd think you should pick a different soul than the PVP soul, since the nightblade does a lot of magic damage, so the armor penetration isn't quite as good as with the other rogue souls. Although, the cleanse soul is definitely nice. If nothing else, I'd say take the points out of the PVP soul and put them somewhere else.

For your solo build, my opinion would depend on how you'd use it. Since you have most of your points in assassin, I'll assume you're relying mostly on those skills than your ranger skills. With that in mind, I would think you should take 3 points out of Enduring and put them into the bolster. That will give you slightly better survivability than just an extra 3% health. The other thing I notice is, aside from the lvl 1 planeshift, the riftstalker soul isn't helping out much. Even that might not help much, since you'll probably be stealthed most of the time. I'd say use bard or saboteur for a soul with no points in it. I'd probably go with saboteur for the slow bomb. That thing can get you out of a lot of messy situations.

Soulwalker

i dont mean to be a drag ppl, but this is the second forum i've posted this on that i've gotten feedback on things other than what i'm asking about. The original question was i need help on dps soul for dungeons and raids

Quote Originally Posted by Whyat View Post
    i dont mean to be a drag ppl, but this is the second forum i've posted this on that i've gotten feedback on things other than what i'm asking about. The original question was i need help on dps soul for dungeons and raids
    If your looking for just a DPS build, then there is no need to link the other builds that have nothing to do with what you are asking.

Linking those is just asking to be critisized.
    'I have long since closed my eyes... My only goal is in the Darkness.'

Soulwalker

Again another post that has nothing to do with the questions i was asking

+ Reply to Thread