+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Solo Rogue Leveling Build: One Man's Guide

Shadowlander

Thumbs up Solo Rogue Leveling Build: One Man's Guide

After seeing lots of requests i'd like to share with everyone my take on the solo leveling build i will be using. I have tried ton's of stuff over the betas and have found this to be the best.

Bard/Nightblade/Riftstalker is by far the best leveling spec i've tried.

I mean its pretty much invincible vs up to 3-5 equal to +1 level mobs.
    I don't mean like hay i lived through this, i mean my health doesnt go below 90%

The progression to level should go like this:
    Level 15: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1Mipc..xh.iczo
    Level 18: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mipc..xh.iczoco
    Level 25: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1Mipc.Vhx.xh.iczoco

Put points in straight bard to whatever your cap is. You pick up the extra armor and healing bonus from
    rift stalker. The additional Endurance buffs you get and the armor bonuses gave me 1100 health and 20% physical damage reduction when i used Guarded steel, which does as much damage as Coda at this level so feel free to get the buff whenever you have melee on you without losing any damage.

The 30% healing bonus makes your song hot and Cadence heal for a TON and mobs can barely scratch you as is. The next 4 levels you want to buff up street performer to unlock your AOE coda and you are done with bard tree for now. Once you get your basic setup you start to scale it up and add tools from the Nightblade soul.

Start putting points in Blazing fury, coup de grace and unstable state in the night blade tree. This will buff all your basic forms of damage, and in turn healing, by 15%/9%/15% while giving you stealth, a pre-pull CC and the ability to open with ANOTHER 20% overall damage buff while being able to pull 5 mobs aoe tank and dps them all while healing you at 100%.

This is as far as I've gotten but once you have this setup you can go back and fill out the bard tree.

This setup has good damage, amazing self healing coupled with survivability for awkward pve pulls (respawning 5 mobs in a tight area is no problem to tank now).

I hope you find this helpful.

Soulwalker

and how fast do you kill mobs? What is your primary damage rotation?
    Last edited by Revul; 02-20-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Revul View Post
    and how fast do you kill mobs?
    Single mobs get killed in typically 2-4 rotations of 5 combo point Coda of wraths if nothing crits.
    Depends primarily on how much health they have obviously.

Primary damage comes from cadence, power chord and Coda of wrath still. Using CP's for guarded steel vs any physical damage.

As you grind you don't feel like wow im destroying these mobs, but you don't feel like a tank slowly whiddling them down either. Thee most fun was pulling 3-4 mobs and killing them in front of pother classes that would jsut explode if they tried to do it.
    Last edited by gbny; 02-20-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbny View Post
    After seeing lots of requests i'd like to share with everyone my take on the solo leveling build i will be using. I have tried ton's of stuff over the betas and have found this to be the best.

I don't mean like hay i lived through this, i mean my health doesnt go below 90%

The progression to level should go like this:
    Level 15: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1Mipc..xh.iczo
    Level 18: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0Mipc..xh.iczoco
    Level 25: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1Mipc.Vhx.xh.iczoco

Put points in straight bard to whatever your cap is. You pick up the extra armor and healing bonus from
    rift stalker. The additional Endurance buffs you get and the armor bonuses gave me 1100 health and 20% physical damage reduction when i used Guarded steel, which does as much damage as Coda at this level so feel free to get the buff whenever you have melee on you without losing any damage.

The 30% healing bonus makes your song hot and Cadence heal for a TON and mobs can barely scratch you as is. The next 4 levels you want to buff up street performer to unlock your AOE coda and you are done with bard tree for now. Once you get your basic setup you start to scale it up and add tools from the Nightblade soul.

Start putting points in Blazing fury, coup de grace and unstable state in the night blade tree. This will buff all your basic forms of damage, and in turn healing, by 15%/9%/15% while giving you stealth, a pre-pull CC and the ability to open with ANOTHER 20% overall damage buff while being able to pull 5 mobs aoe tank and dps them all while healing you at 100%.

This is as far as I've gotten but once you have this setup you can go back and fill out the bard tree.

This setup has good damage, amazing self healing coupled with survivability for awkward pve pulls (respawning 5 mobs in a tight area is no problem to tank now).

I hope you find this helpful.
    Doesn't compare to Ranger/x/x

Shadowlander

@ above nice comprehensive adding to the discussion.

Telaran

I played Bard/Ranger/Nightblade to level 24 -- while I don't have enough experience to claim that it's the 'best' build for anything, I've had a blast playing it. Survivability is decent, I can stack two heals on my pet 24/7, and so on. The additional pet damage certainly doesn't hurt. Plus, it's great for support in a group when doing rifts/invasions. The only negative I've found so far is that the pet kind of limits the usability of stealth (you have to tell your pet to stay, or he will cause agro, breaking your stealth).

I was levelling quite well, but stopped to create an alt because I didn't want to blow through all the content before launch.

/edit One more thing I forgot to mention -- If you put the pet on your main target in a group, he can hold agro pretty well, up until around 24 -- unless it's because I changed to dire wolf; after that, it becomes problematic, least in my experience. So, take that for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Haldurson; 02-20-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Haldurson View Post
    I played Bard/Ranger/Nightblade to level 24 -- while I don't have enough experience to claim that it's the 'best' build for anything, I've had a blast playing it. Survivability is decent, I can stack two heals on my pet 24/7, and so on. The additional pet damage certainly doesn't hurt. Plus, it's great for support in a group when doing rifts/invasions. The only negative I've found so far is that the pet kind of limits the usability of stealth (you have to tell your pet to stay, or he will cause agro, breaking your stealth).

I was levelling quite well, but stopped to create an alt because I didn't want to blow through all the content before launch.
    Do you have a build for it, I've been trying a few different souls with Ranger. So far, Ranger/Sin/? seems to be my likely build, the ? may be Sab but I haven't decided iyet.

To the OP, nice guide, but what if you want a ranged Rogue not melee?
    Last edited by Karpathias; 02-20-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Karpathias View Post

This is a ranged rogue. All bard attacks are ranged. The only melee attack you use is Guarded steel for armor buff is something is whacking you from melee range. Any ranged mobs can't do nearly enough damage to you, you jsut stand and nuke.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Karpathias View Post
    Do you have a build for it, I've been trying a few different souls with Ranger. So far, Ranger/***/? seems to be my likely build, the ? may be Sab but I haven't decided yet.

Sab/NB/Rng (0 or 4 for pet heal) will get you to 30 easily then you can drop Ranger if you choose because pet will stop leveling and become a burden.

Not gonna link it because the points seem pretty obvious

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Haldurson View Post
    /edit One more thing I forgot to mention -- If you put the pet on your main target in a group, he can hold agro pretty well, up until around 24 -- unless it's because I changed to dire wolf; after that, it becomes problematic, least in my experience. So, take that for what it's worth.

Yeah, the dire wolf is a DPs pet, the piggy is your tank pet. Check the skills your pets have to get an idea of their jobs =).

I also think that a ranged DPS spec like a MM/Ranger/Sab is fastest for lvling as with range you take no damage and your DPs is exceptional. Sab is there for the 0 pt AoE snare for those bad moments. MM gives you a root and knockback, Ranger gives a snare, theres no reason why you should take any damage BUT if you get rooted or just surprised, you will drop like a sack bleep. I would say the spec I posted is more high risk vs reward, plus you need to be good at kiting. The OPs spec seems "safer" but I think kills slower.

In the end its just a playstyle preference =). Plus, going bard means we will have more healers in warfronts =).

*edit*
    I went with MM/Ranger/Sab

Marksman I took only DPS increasing skills and the root/knockback.
    Ranger get the crit chance buff and snare at later levels, these give enough pts to get the pet heal quite early on too.
    Sab was 0 pts for the AoE snare.

Its a spec that kills very fast, takes 0 damage if done right o you have 0 downtime, BUT, its a single target grind spec.
    Last edited by Kink; 02-20-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    ==========
    Kink - 50 Warrior
    Gg - 3X Rogue
    Duke - Mage

Soulwalker

Fail

You should change title : "how to not die while leveling" ( Diablo HC? )
    This isn't the fastest leveling soulbuild. Sorry.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by DrEkonomie View Post
    Fail
    You should change title : "how to not die while leveling" ( Diablo HC? )
    This isn't the fastest leveling soulbuild. Sorry.
    When at any point did i make a claim that this is the fastest build?

I said it was the most effective i've found for grinding with no chance of getting killed even with awkward pulls, good aoe capability and zero downtime.

Maybe if you read the whole OP you would se that intead of scrolling to bottom where a completely different discusison is taking place.

Soulwalker

best leveling spec = fastest leveling spec no? Well if your goal is tanking 3651651mobs and not dieing then ok.

And i read the whole OP, very sad that you actually use your freetime on this.
    Last edited by DrEkonomie; 02-20-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Telaran

How important do you think movement speed is?

Ranger adds 15% out of combat (12 points required)
    Bard adds 19.5% in-and-out of combat (21 points required)

Is the speed boost worth tailoring your leveling build around it? Both Bard and Ranger have things that would make leveling easier outside of their respective speed boosts.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xetal View Post
    How important do you think movement speed is?

Ranger adds 15% out of combat (12 points required)
    Bard adds 19.5% in-and-out of combat (21 points required)

Is the speed boost worth tailoring your leveling build around it? Both Bard and Ranger have things that would make leveling easier outside of their respective speed boosts.
    Speed boost is nice but i am not following you, the build works off of increased physical resistance and self healing from the bard soul tree.
    Speed boost is just a bonus of the spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast