Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Solo Rogue Leveling Build: One Man's Guide

Shadowlander

This is the build I've used till today and got to 22. I personally enjoyed it. frankly i found that using Ranger or MM defeated the purpose since IMO the shots were better as ranged abilities. The whole point in Rift/NB/Bard IMO was a primarily support class that could hold its own easily solo. Even tank if need be. I like that flexibility, and found that MM/Ranger/Bard was more of a dps role and found myself feeling like I could put any other soul in the bard spot and not even notice. The NB abilities complimented the bard skills well damage wise while the riftstalker helped with survivability. When the game goes live, I'll like be this spec with Bard being my primary focus. Tons of fun, useful heals, and flexibility.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre82 View Post
    Tons of fun, useful heals, and flexibility.
    My sentiments exactly i'm glad you like =)

After playing around with various builds I'm definately going Bard 32/ Nightblade 20/ RIft 14 for my leveling build.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...z0Vqsooz.Vhx0z
    Half my leveling is in Warfronts though after 10. I miss the extra range of MM or Ranger, but in 0-20 meter range this rocks. Very, very effective. Half the players that run up on me change their mind and decide I'm not so squishy after all, and they end up being the ones running off (if they are lucky).

I'll have another build Bard 33/ MM 18/ Nightblade 15, but the other will probably be my main build.

Shadowlander

This pure pve leveling build will kill most things after 5 combo and a finisher little down time.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...M.VI0h.EGsb0co

After 30 a non upgraded pet is worthless, greater razor beast is required, up until 30 a combo of ranger/mm/nb is quite fast
    Last edited by El Diablo; 02-21-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    This pure pve leveling build will kill most things after 5 combo and a finisher little down time.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...M.VI0h.EGsb0co
    What talents are you grabbing first? What combo generators and what finishers are you using to kill things?

Shadowlander

That build works best after 30 , starting off like this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MipN.V0xM.V.EGsb00o. Ramping up the nb skills first then riftstalker last depending on your down time.

Rotation of 5 quick shot, headshot first finisher to get the +5% damage for 60 seconds. Keep repeating or use blazing strike for a bit more damage. With bestial fury and ebon fury you have +10% damage near perma on and +45% damage on finishers. With quick shot proccing smouldering ,hell fire and its bleed.
    Last edited by El Diablo; 02-21-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbny View Post
    Single mobs get killed in typically 2-4 rotations of 5 combo point Coda of wraths if nothing crits.
    Depends primarily on how much health they have obviously.

Primary damage comes from cadence, power chord and Coda of wrath still. Using CP's for guarded steel vs any physical damage.

As you grind you don't feel like wow im destroying these mobs, but you don't feel like a tank slowly whiddling them down either. Thee most fun was pulling 3-4 mobs and killing them in front of pother classes that would jsut explode if they tried to do it.
    Its a nice build overall but I personally like Assassin/Riftstalker for solo questing. I can pop out of stealth with Paralzying strike and slap on an Impale or Final blow then build 5 combo points quickly with Puncture and Savage Strikes before killing it with a second Final Blow. I also can sap things before engaging making fights very simple. The sapped mob also does not put you in combat even if you kill a mob right ontop of it as long as you do not AOE it. This means I can simply stealth again immediately after killing my first target and rip the sapped guy to shreds.

Being able to kill 4-5 at one time is nice but killing 5 in 30 seconds 1 at a time seems faster to me.

lvl 15
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MipM..Vh.zVoco
    lvl 25
    lvl 42
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0I.zARfxobodko
    lvl 50

This is the build i used up to 42 during beta 7
    Last edited by AddoExAtrum; 02-21-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by AddoExAtrum View Post
    Being able to kill 4-5 at one time is nice but killing 5 in 30 seconds 1 at a time seems faster to me.
    Many people agree with your sentiment, but as i mentioned in my own experiences many times i would be doing a single mob kill and get 2-3 adds from repops or pats and die with less survivable builds let alone be able to kill them.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AddoExAtrum View Post
    Its a nice build overall but I personally like Assassin/Riftstalker for solo questing. I can pop out of stealth with Paralzying strike and slap on an Impale or Final blow then build 5 combo points quickly with Puncture and Savage Strikes before killing it with a second Final Blow. I also can sap things before engaging making fights very simple. The sapped mob also does not put you in combat even if you kill a mob right ontop of it as long as you do not AOE it. This means I can simply stealth again immediately after killing my first target and rip the sapped guy to shreds.

lvl 15
    lvl 25
    lvl 42
    lvl 50

This is the build i used up to 42 during beta 7

have you tried using 5 in increased poison proc and healing trough the lifeleech poison? That worked for me at 39, but i had a 200 healing proc on my items. It saves the whole Riftstalker and you can add more amage.

Telaran

a question about "you can drop Ranger later on". I never went far during the beta (lvl 14 or so), but where do you get additional souls, after you got the first 3?

The first 3 were pretty easy right? so I decided to try the respecc function, and only found, that it will not actually let me respec, but just reset everything to zero. Now I read that when everything is 0, I actually CAN respecc to a totally different soul, by clicking on the square.

But I wasn't able to get any more souls anywhere... so all I was able to do, is use select from the 3 I already had.

I assume they are questable? at what levels will I run into these quests, or do you just need to know where the questgivers are and go get them?

Also, if you respec: what if you have improved some abilities at the trainer, and then respec, reselect that soul.. are the abilities still improved?

thanks, and sorry if this is kinda offtopic!

Soulwalker

When I first lvled my rouge to 20 i used the same build for survivability in pvp. I'm still tempted to do the same thing but at 20 i switched to assassin because of leaching poison. You still have good health recovery and u kill mobs a lot faster. Fast enough to not worry about your hp unless u pull more then 3 to 4 mobs at a time. Which most of the time u can avoid.

I'm all for survivability but this build would make me fall asleep at the keyboard, your kills would be so slow.

Just going 12 pts into bard provides plenty of healing with cadence+motif of restoration, the rest you can spend on actual DPS soul and be able to kill mobs in under 10 seconds flat.
    Last edited by Rykin; 02-24-2011 at 09:03 AM.

the 30% healing bonus from rift stalker is a nice thing. Im kind of on the edge.

My solo build in my sig is great for grinding, and im sure would put out more dps due to the superior finisher, but the issue is that i found myself overkilling a lot of mobs while leveling. The second finisher always killed them, even with out the attack power increasing motiff. And some elites gave me trouble to solo.

Im starting to think 12 bard 8 rift stalker 10 nightblade is optimal when you get to level 23. As my build was really only going to go for the in combat movement speed after completing itself with 3 assassin 10 nightblade 12 bard. Its nice but probably not needed.

Ill probably go my assassin based bard build till 23, respec to the above, then in the 30s re-spec to a pure melee based build, since thats when melee rogues really start to shine.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vabjekf View Post
    the 30% healing bonus from rift stalker is a nice thing. Im kind of on the edge.

My solo build in my sig is great for grinding, and im sure would put out more dps due to the superior finisher, but the issue is that i found myself overkilling a lot of mobs while leveling. The second finisher always killed them, even with out the attack power increasing motiff. And some elites gave me trouble to solo.

Im starting to think 12 bard 8 rift stalker 10 nightblade is optimal when you get to level 23. As my build was really only going to go for the in combat movement speed after completing itself with 3 assassin 10 nightblade 12 bard. Its nice but probably not needed.

Ill probably go my assassin based bard build till 23, respec to the above, then in the 30s re-spec to a pure melee based build, since thats when melee rogues really start to shine.

This is why im tempted to put points in nightblade early instead of rift. I think survivability pve anyway is enough without boosted recovery. If u put points in blazing fury u get a 15 percent dps increase in cadence and that will give u more healing as well. And if u then put points in Unstable state up the tree and take the xtra 9 percent dps increase if that works with cadence as well u are getting the healing from it and the xtra dps everyone is asking for without going into rift tree.

You end up sacrificing some armor but gaining some much needed dps.

If u add up those percentages then u are looking at 24 percent healing increase only down 6 from boosted recovery. I'm assuming thats how cadence works however i have no idea tbh but it seems to play out that way.
    Last edited by chasem167; 02-24-2011 at 09:12 AM.

You definitely dont need anything but cadences regular healing at low levels. Even 12 points bard for the motif of regeneration is not really that handy at low levels for soloing, but it would be nice if you planned on doing some sort of grouping i guess, 11 points bard then bumping night blade up more is probably more sensible. As ive ground the build in my sig up to the mid 20s, and i never even bothered with motiff of regeneration, just never needed it.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast