+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sab PvP

Soulwalker

Default Sab PvP

Does anyone else feel a little bit overly strong in pvp as sab? Right now at level 38 im taking 80-95% of someones health on a crit and around 50% without.
    It feels like the damage coming from non crits is fine with the time it takes to make it up to 5 CP's compared to another rogue spec just constantly doing damage but they crits seem just a little too strong.
    I just wanted to hear back from some other rogues. Every rogue i talk to says its fine and that people just need to learn to play.

Telaran

if your free nuking ppl then its fine.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    Does anyone else feel a little bit overly strong in pvp as sab? Right now at level 38 im taking 80-95% of someones health on a crit and around 50% without.
    It feels like the damage coming from non crits is fine with the time it takes to make it up to 5 CP's compared to another rogue spec just constantly doing damage but they crits seem just a little too strong.
    I just wanted to hear back from some other rogues. Every rogue i talk to says its fine and that people just need to learn to play.
    They say that cause learn to play is the typical reaction from a person who plays an OP class. Now that void knights and riftblades are nerfed they have nobody else to point to and say what about them.

Telaran

I don't play a sab.

L2play.

Not trolling.

Sabs are paper, if you see giant yellow stars flying through the air, maybe do something about it, they die in one or 2 combos. You can also cleanse a whole stack of charges. Burst damage in pvp is and always will be king and thats what sabs do. People leave dps to do as they please and then wonder how they top the charts. Bad players get neat classes nerfed.
    As a ranger/mm/sin I have yet to run into these badass OP sabs in any of the warfronts i've been in because I don't let dps classes free cast.

I rolled a Sab last night to see what all the commotion was about... and yeah, it was fun in PvP taking a chunk of people lives in one swing, but if you're targeted, good luck living long enough to tap him 5 time then detonate.

Also, just in PvE I died a LOT more by level 15 than I had with any other characters.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CanOfHats View Post
    I don't play a sab.

L2play.

Not trolling.

Sabs are paper, if you see giant yellow stars flying through the air, maybe do something about it, they die in one or 2 combos. You can also cleanse a whole stack of charges. Burst damage in pvp is and always will be king and thats what sabs do. People leave dps to do as they please and then wonder how they top the charts. Bad players get neat classes nerfed.
    As a ranger/mm/sin I have yet to run into these badass OP sabs in any of the warfronts i've been in because I don't let dps classes free cast.
    Cleanse whole stack of charges? Play cleric 1st and then say something... 1 cleanse remove one application not the whole stack add GC 1,5s and 2 sabo own warfronts.

Telaran

If you ignore them, sure. Let 2 marksman do what ever they want and the same thing will happen.
    Make a ranged character and I doubt you will ever have another issue with sabs again.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Androira View Post
    Cleanse whole stack of charges? Play cleric 1st and then say something... 1 cleanse remove one application not the whole stack add GC 1,5s and 2 sabo own warfronts.
    all healer trees have a cleanse on a 45s duration that cleanses all poisons i.e. all charges.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by blahdot3h View Post
    all healer trees have a cleanse on a 45s duration that cleanses all poisons i.e. all charges.
    Actually, only one healer has that ability and it's a 26 point Purifier ability. Sentinel has a spammable dispel that dispels one poison. Warden has one spammable that removes one poison and one on a 45 sec CD that removes 1 poison every 3 seconds for 6 seconds. Rogues have a 1 second GCD.

Having played a Sab into the 40s, I'd say no they don't feel over the top. The only way you're taking 90% of someone's life is with multi crits on a lower level squishy character. In most cases it's more like 30-50% of the health bar, and in the 7 GCD it takes to build up another one the player usually does a lot of damage to you or heals themselves back up again. A MM or Ranger will out damage us...1v1 against a MM a few levels below me will usually result in me barely winning, even level i'd probably die. Chloromancer/Necro can usually beat us due to self heals/while doing damage. Certain warriors/sin builds will wreck us if they get in close and we can't get away. Sab is really squishy so you need to spec for escape options or into riftstalker for extra defense. Sab really lives up to it's name...it sabotages and causes chaos when in a group setting and unnoticed. If you apply pressure, Sabs die fast.
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Plane Touched

I can say upto level 28-29 I can do insane kills with the Sabator soul but spike damage is king in Pvp and I can not coment on how the sould does high end or when people have got good gear and some resists.

Telaran

As a mage I have never killed anyone in 1 or 2 or 3 shots or 4 maybe 5 with help thou. But yeah , its fine to be able to do that , I hear healers can remove charges.. swell.

lvl 35 mage :Pyro deep fireballs hit for 380 crits. My mage has 2300 hp.
    Cinder biggest crit to date with circle down bolt damage buff and Codex damage buff 1010.

: Lock dots tick for 50ish per 3 so 150 per tick void bolts crit for 320 ish

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidious View Post
    As a mage I have never killed anyone in 1 or 2 or 3 shots or 4 maybe 5 with help thou. But yeah , its fine to be able to do that , I hear healers can remove charges.. swell.

lvl 35 mage :Pyro deep fireballs hit for 380 crits. My mage has 2300 hp.
    Cinder biggest crit to date with circle down bolt damage buff and Codex damage buff 1010.

: Lock dots tick for 50ish per 3 so 150 per tick void bolts crit for 320 ish

You think a saboteur has killed people in 1 gcd? rofl. It's going to take at least 10 "shots" to kill someone on a sab at 35+, and that's if you get crits.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by blahdot3h View Post
    You think a saboteur has killed people in 1 gcd? rofl. It's going to take at least 10 "shots" to kill someone on a sab at 35+, and that's if you get crits.
    So, 10 seconds to kill someone. A Mage gets to try and hardcast while the Sab can run around like the drunken village idiot throwing shiny things at people. Cool.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by alucardr View Post
    Having played a Sab into the 40s, I'd say no they don't feel over the top. The only way you're taking 90% of someone's life is with multi crits on a lower level squishy character. In most cases it's more like 30-50% of the health bar, and in the 7 GCD it takes to build up another one the player usually does a lot of damage to you or heals themselves back up again. A MM or Ranger will out damage us...1v1 against a MM a few levels below me will usually result in me barely winning, even level i'd probably die. Chloromancer/Necro can usually beat us due to self heals/while doing damage. Certain warriors/sin builds will wreck us if they get in close and we can't get away. Sab is really squishy so you need to spec for escape options or into riftstalker for extra defense. Sab really lives up to it's name...it sabotages and causes chaos when in a group setting and unnoticed. If you apply pressure, Sabs die fast.
    +1
    (10char)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast