+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker feelin squishy

Default Riftstalker feelin squishy

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, or if I am. I'm tanking DM at lv. 27 and I'm getting wrecked pull to pull. Now given the healer might be a little inexperienced, but I feel like regardless of the healer, I'd have to be spam healed if I were to stay alive.

I PS in, get 5 combo points, GS, get 5 combo points, Rift guard, and stack the 2% to 3. I pop cooldowns when I feel like the pull is gonna be bad (most of them) and I keep GS and Rift guard up so I'm not sure what else I should be doing

here's my current spec at lv. 27 http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...It0zVzo0oM.x0z

Any help would be appreciated!

Get rid of plane shift mastery and put those points into something more useful right now, like say, rift scavanger. You can get back 24% of your health every time a mob dies if you time it right and stack up your points. That's your major kicker right there. Put the other two points into rift barrier and then open with a port. This gives you 15 seconds of damage negation while you build up CP for rift guard and then guarded steel.

I can tell you that I don't ever feel squishy in my RS. I'm using the same souls as you and I've got almost 5k HP at lvl 41 and it takes A LOT to kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvirnith View Post
    Get rid of plane shift mastery and put those points into something more useful right now, like say, rift scavanger. You can get back 24% of your health every time a mob dies if you time it right and stack up your points. That's your major kicker right there. Put the other two points into rift barrier and then open with a port. This gives you 15 seconds of damage negation while you build up CP for rift guard and then guarded steel.

I can tell you that I don't ever feel squishy in my RS. I'm using the same souls as you and I've got almost 5k HP at lvl 41 and it takes A LOT to kill me.
    Well this makes me feel better about things, I'll try rift scavenger out, thanks alot!

Telaran

I Had issues tanking it too earlier until I 1 - Got a real healer or 2 off healer bard / chloro and 2 - Specc into nightblade for the sap .

CC is important in DM since the big skellys hit really hard . So sap em kill their buddies then finish em off . Worked like a charm for me and for bosses I'm fine . not taking more dmg than any other tank.

Rather than phasing into the mobs, thereby giving them a load of burst on you as they all simultaneously swing at your face, ranged pull with Cadence. You'll generate CP very quickly and can still use something like Shadow Blitz and roll right into your first finisher, which should be Rift Guard, not Guarded Steel. If you're feeling squishy then use the superior anti-squish finisher first, even if it means your threat won't spike upwards as quickly. Another thing is that you're using a phase shift to open on the mobs and you don't have Rift Barrier. Yes it is inferior to Rift Guard and beyond the pull you likely won't see it used all that much, it is better than nothing, a lot better in fact, and would support your style of plowing into the mobs better. Also you should be using Phantom Blow as your earliest CP generators for the damage reduction. If you dying is a problem, then DPS can hold on for 2 seconds while you use a slightly less TPS skill over Planar Strike three times and three times only at the start.

CC is also an excellent option if mobs are hurting you badly, but I wouldn't necessarily sacrifice my own survivability just to nab the incapacitate in another DPS only Soul, not unless my entire party was CC free.

+ Reply to Thread