Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MM and Ranger and?

Default MM and Ranger and?

For a while I have been going Marksman/Ranger/Nightblade. Using Marksman as my main soul, Ranger for my pet skills and buffs and then Nightblade for a few extra buffs for myself. I went Sabteur but was just too boring in PvE and Rifts since you don't do much.

A while ago, back in Beta 6, I was a Ranger as main soul, Marksman and Saboteur. But I was told that Marksman does more damage so I went into that soul as my main. I have been reading a few posts and it seems to me that everyone is going Ranger now and not Marksman. I could be wrong. But is Marksman still better to go over a Ranger?

Also, as a third soul. What do you think is best to go. PvE/Dungeon wise. None of this is for PvP. Saboteur is probably something I will use toward PvP.

I'm MM/Ranger/Saboteur just because the aoe slow comes in handy + you can get +15% dexterity with just 5 points in the tree

In warfronts since Beta 6

Telaran

im going ranger for lv then im going marksman after lv 30 and im going MM for PVP aoe dmg

Soulwalker

yea i love MM/Ranger/sabo tho i did not put many point in to ranger most went in to mm/sabo
    only got ranger for pet

Thats pretty much the same for me yeah. MM seems to put out more dps. But with Nightblade, I get more damage out of my finishing moves and moves that stack combo points. Or you could go Riftstalker to survive a little better.

MM/Ranger/Bard

The initial bard attack with 8 points becomes a 100% of dmg done self heal, and it stacks up 3 combo pts in 2 seconds.

Absolutely amazing.

Merc - 50 Rogue - Briarcliff
    Sin - Sab - Sab - Rift

Assassin. 10 points gets you:

Virulent Poison
    Lethal Poison
    Basic Stealth w/ 45 sec Sap
    +5% Crit Chance
    Serrated Blades Proc
    +4% Physical Damage
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

bard to start, nightblade to finish, the extra dmg really makes those last few lvls go nicely ill wager (when the cap goes above 42!)

Quote Originally Posted by Selgin View Post

Virulent Poison
    Lethal Poison
    +5% Crit Chance
    Serrated Blades Proc
    +4% Physical Damage
    nb gives ranged sap and stealth
    extra fire dmg to weapons (better than the poisons)
    15% more dmg to combo making abilities as well as finishers
    3% more dmg to all abilities and 15% less fire and death dmg taken

Quote Originally Posted by eXiilez View Post
    For a while I have been going Marksman/Ranger/Nightblade. Using Marksman as my main soul, Ranger for my pet skills and buffs and then Nightblade for a few extra buffs for myself. I went Sabteur but was just too boring in PvE and Rifts since you don't do much.

A while ago, back in Beta 6, I was a Ranger as main soul, Marksman and Saboteur. But I was told that Marksman does more damage so I went into that soul as my main. I have been reading a few posts and it seems to me that everyone is going Ranger now and not Marksman. I could be wrong. But is Marksman still better to go over a Ranger?

Also, as a third soul. What do you think is best to go. PvE/Dungeon wise. None of this is for PvP. Saboteur is probably something I will use toward PvP.
    For solo PvE I'd go Ranger as primary, with Marksman and either Nightblade or Bard as the other two souls.
    For group PvE I'd do Marksman as primary, with Bard as secondary

I assume it will be as easy to swap things around when the game is live. Do it one way, then another and see what you like better.

Quote Originally Posted by Selgin View Post

Virulent Poison
    Lethal Poison
    +5% Crit Chance
    Serrated Blades Proc
    +4% Physical Damage
    This.
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by mambome View Post
    This.
    /10char
    In fact, just ditch the ranger (who needs a pet anyway?) and split your points between MM
    and the assassin, with a token 5pt in Sab for the dex and aoe slow bomb.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    extra fire dmg to weapons (better than the poisons)
    Not quite. In addition to the damage, Lethal poison also increases your crit chance on the target by 5% - and it procs ALL the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightchrome View Post
    In fact, just ditch the ranger (who needs a pet anyway?) and split your points between MM
    and the assassin, with a token 5pt in Sab for the dex and aoe slow bomb.
    Well, assassin causes bleeds, ranger causes bleeds, ranger pets rage on bleeding targets... it's a nice synergy but I don't have any data says it's better than MM.

For lvl'n I did Ranger/Bard/Sabo

At lvl 34 I group pull. 3+ mobs at all times. Can take up to 5 before it gets really chancey. I went 12 in Bard for Fanfare of Vigor, Anthem of Glory, Motif of Regen, Motiv of Bravery, Motif of Focus. Those 12 points get me a HoT, +Crit, +AP, Endurance, Great Armor buff (For me and Pet) +10% max Health From the Good Health 1st tier. I put 5 points in Sabo for the +15% Dex and AoE Snare (That is a give me, didn't spec for that. Though I love it!!)

I use Greater Razorbeast(Has AoE taunt), hit him with Motiffs, pop a rejuv and have him round up mobs. I hit Divert Rage and open with Rain of Arrows. I use trick shot (improved has chance of adding CP on target) and finish with Concussive Blast. Most are already dead by the end of that rotation. If not, single quick shot takes down last. Pet is usually at 50% life at the end. Pop rejuv, motiffs and off again. 0 down time and rarely die. If pet dies, Hasten Call, Greater Razorbeast, Adhesive Bomb, Rain of Arrows and good to go. Or if pet is close to dying, you can use Pin Down, for 5sec aoe root and save the Bomb AOE for backup.

Plus.. In groups, if they don't have a buffer available, I can use this spec to buff party (The armor buff alone is around 400 to all) and DPS rather well. Not as good as MM group spec (which I use only for groups) but it is still decent dps with support buffs

"I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I've played WOW, Darkfall, DAOC, Shadowbane, WAR, GW, L2 and UO. I have faith Rift will be my new home!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast