Closed Thread

Thread: Bard/MM Question

Default Bard/MM Question

I'm looking into this for mainly solo pve. Down the road when I get higher level I would like to go full bard and pve heal.

Any suggestions on how far I should go in each soul? What's a good 3rd pairing for this build?

I'm really looking for something that can put out damage (solo mind you, I have a Ranger build for dungeon dps) but can also give me some heals so there's little down time.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Or would it be better to go bard/ranger for the pet?

EDIT 2: At what level can bards successfully heal 5 man dungeons? When do they have enough points to do so?
    Last edited by detowne; 02-19-2011 at 08:23 PM.

anyone????

Rift Disciple

Besides Bard buffs, Bard and Marksman really don't have a ton of synergy.

I think Bard/NB/Ranger is pretty strong for leveling. 0pts in Ranger just for the pet up to level 30.

As for Bards healing dungeons...I'm not going to say it CAN'T be done, but we're definitely not the optimal class to be doing so, and in most cases the group needs to outlevel the dungeon a little bit to make Bard healing feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
    Besides Bard buffs, Bard and Marksman really don't have a ton of synergy.

I think Bard/NB/Ranger is pretty strong for leveling. 0pts in Ranger just for the pet up to level 30.

As for Bards healing dungeons...I'm not going to say it CAN'T be done, but we're definitely not the optimal class to be doing so, and in most cases the group needs to outlevel the dungeon a little bit to make Bard healing feasible.
    Thanks for the help. I am looking for a class that can dps or heal. I was looking into clerics but from what I read their dps is very sub par. I would like to be main spec'd to dps with my "off" spec healing. I might give the mage a whirl.

Yeah bards in dungeons are not ideal healers. They are handy for trash mobs but they dont have single target heals for boss spike damage.

On the other hand they are still good for open world rifts ive found.

Quote Originally Posted by PLANKS View Post
    Yeah bards in dungeons are not ideal healers. They are handy for trash mobs but they dont have single target heals for boss spike damage.

On the other hand they are still good for open world rifts ive found.
    Yeah I too have been messing around with rift healing as a bard and I must say it's pretty fun. Thanks for the feedback!

Closed Thread