+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Let's Talk Plane Shifts!!

Default Let's Talk Plane Shifts!!

Alright, I got tired of wasting gold on respecs, just to test out, 1-2 abilities, I've comprised a list below of every 'teleport' I could find, within the Riftstalkers' soul.

My question is, as far as travel goes, IE: Plane Shifts that do not require a target and NOT counting Flashback/Memory Capture; the Riftstalker is alotted two Plane Shifts, WITHOUT a target: am I correct?

Level: 0 - Shadow Shift - basic 15 meter Plane Shift

14 - Shadow Stalk - 20 meter range, must have a target, removes snares

edit*15 - Shadow Assault - 20 meter range, attack included, obviously must have an enemy targeted

20 - Shadow Blitz - 20 meter range, must have target

25 - Shadow Warp - 25 meter Plane Shift

32 - Flashback/Memory Capture - Word

I am working on an *****/Ranger/RS build that is all Assassin and Riftstalker based, with Ranger for the crit, ranged instant combo builder, and Crippling Shot.

On a side note, this is the basis of my build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Voo.Vcx0hVbokz

The idea is, high defense and endurance with lots of damage mitigation. A lot of utility, and perma-stealth. It's not about burst as much, more so about longevity and positioning.

Accepting any criticism, comments and suggested improvements.

Thanks
    Last edited by iontheable; 02-19-2011 at 04:31 PM.

50 views and not a single comment..

Is it me? Do I smell?

The interesting thing about shadow stalk, all tho it requires a target it can be used on friendlies, critters, wardstones, pretty much anything you can target. So make a macro /cast @ focus shadow stalk and focus your healer or group mate and instant escape as long as your in range.

P.S. You forgot Shadow Assault
    Last edited by Kairbear; 02-19-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairbear View Post
    The interesting thing about shadow stalk, all tho it requires a target it can be used on friendlies, critters, wardstones, pretty much anything you can target. So make a macro /cast @ focus shadow stalk and focus your healer or group mate and instant escape as long as your in range.

P.S. You forgot Shadow Assault
    Good to know Kairbear, thanks for the heads up on Shadow Stalk.

And, yes, I forgot Shadow Assault..for some reason it's not showing up on Riftzam

Thanks Again

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by iontheable View Post
    the Riftstalker is alotted two Plane Shifts, WITHOUT a target: am I correct?
    Yes, but shadow warp now requires you to manually target a destination on the ground and cancels if you select a location out of range. It's frustrating in combat.

As far as your build, I'm not an expert by any means, but from my experience I've seen that slow dps only works for healers and some tank classes in pvp. I wouldn't take a slow dps class into pvp unless I was getting healed a lot.

If you intend on running pve with this build, I'd take out some of the extra stealth as it isn't required as much around mobs. I'd also pick up Rift Scavenger in the Riftstalker line for extra heals between mobs. It's incredibly useful for a rogue who can't directly heal himself.

For PVP, you would do well with more spike damage while keeping some control abilities (i.e. stun, mez, snare, etc.) and definitely a way to break combat, which slip away is amazing for.

-just my .02
    Last edited by Azoren; 02-19-2011 at 04:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread