+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM PvE Dungeon / Raiding

Default MM PvE Dungeon / Raiding

Hey all.

Keeping the trend of me making a ranged class in all the MMOs I've played in the past, I decided to make a Marksman.

This is my first time playing around with builds, so criticism is highly appreciated. Here's a link for the soul trees I'll be using

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....V0xMh.0VMcxMb

Keep in mind this is just for dungeons and raiding. I'll be using another soul build with MM/Ranger/Assassin for questing and such.

Soulwalker

Static shot in a dungeon/raid build is a wasted point imo, you could always move that to another portion of the tree. I also noticed with this build you took improved poisons upgrade. I am not too sure about that choice mostly because you took the improvement of Hellfire Blades, and hellfire takes one of your 2 poison slots. So I would assume you are just going to be using Lethal Posion and to me the main point of that poison is the crit buff.

I ran a build like that one and the main thing I noticed is the constant wait time for some of the marksman cooldowns, and another thing was that you are not even going to be able to compete in aoe pulls. Interesting spec though, nice job!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusDV View Post
    Hey all.

Keeping the trend of me making a ranged class in all the MMOs I've played in the past, I decided to make a Marksman.

This is my first time playing around with builds, so criticism is highly appreciated. Here's a link for the soul trees I'll be using

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....V0xMh.0VMcxMb

Keep in mind this is just for dungeons and raiding. I'll be using another soul build with MM/Ranger/Assassin for questing and such.
    I would get rapid extrication because Hitnrun isnt just for pvp it puts out decent damage in PVE too not to mention strafe and bullseye.

I have a hvy MM spec for PVE groups and I use quick reload = bulleye+strafe and hitnruns x 2 on bosses to put out the damage. I use that in pvp too.. but its also great on larger hp pool mobs.

Rapid extrication will give you even more hit n runs on a boss.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-19-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Plane Touched

Hit and Run is insanely good for pve dps. Makes your Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot instant, also Empower Shot will have no CD.
    So you can go: ES - ES - Swift Shot - Deadeye Shot, ES - ES - Swift Shot - Deadeye Shot etc. It is an awesome ability.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mystryl View Post
    Hit and Run is insanely good for pve dps. Makes your Empowered Shot and Deadeye Shot instant, also Empower Shot will have no CD.
    So you can go: ES - ES - Swift Shot - Deadeye Shot, ES - ES - Swift Shot - Deadeye Shot etc. It is an awesome ability.
    Yup.
    Thats why in almost any MM build I would get Rapid Extrication which lowers the c/d on Hit n run.

Hit n run is the core of the soul and that is why I was sad that deadeye and emp were reduced.

+ Reply to Thread