+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MM or Ranger?

Telaran

Default MM or Ranger?

I have a static group of 4 people prepared for launch and I was wondering which would be good for that, (we do have a tank, so the pet thing is not a problem.)

I was thinking going MM/Riftblader (the one that gives bonus damage to combos/finishers)/ and idk.
    Or, if Ranger ends up being better in this situation, I'm going Ranger/MM/Riftblader (would be sabatour but only real benefit I see is the 15% dex.)

Please, no "these suck you should be X rogue class," I'm not a melee person.

Ranger/MM/Sin.

Pets, bleeds, and AoE from Ranger, Finishers and Lightning Fury from Marksman, Passives from both, plus Serrated Blades procs, crit chance, and poisons from Sin.

My current build as of 38: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...f0xzkz.V0x0V0c
    Last edited by Selgin; 02-19-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Soulwalker

hey, as a fellow "Ranged" player, you need to think about what you want from your souls and how far your going to go into them.

a good solid ranged build would be MM/Ranger/Sab

MM does all the damage output, so this is where almost all your points will go, Ranger is really usefull as you dont need to use any point's to get the pet, which has the "Charge" ability so it's really helpfull for tanking a few of those hits for you. I use sab for the +15% dex bonus early on.

This should be alright until about level 30 when your pet stops leveling with you, then you could probably Role and change a few things
    FEAR, F*** Everything And Run!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Selgin View Post
    Ranger/MM/Sin.

Pets, bleeds, and AoE from Ranger, Finishers and Lightning Fury from Marksman, Passives from both, plus Serrated Blades procs, crit chance, and poisons from Sin.

My current build as of 38: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...f0xzkz.V0x0V0c
    I play MM/ranger/Sin
    I like it so much I have three different roles (PVP,PVE solo and PVE group) with the same three souls.

The pvp one is more MM/Assn

The PVE solo role is way more Ranger hvy for the greater PIG tank.

I know people assume its the standard most popular rogue set up but honestly I have yet to meet another MM/ranger/Assn in game. Its really strange. Maybe they are around I just don't see them.
    Maybe it was because of the nerf to deadeye shot (which was stupid)

Im a bit sad about the emp and dead nerf but I enjoy the class anyhow because mobility is fun; and pve solo with a pig tank is much less stressfull.
    Last edited by Beans; 02-19-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I play MM/ranger/Sin
    I like it so much I have three different roles (PVP,PVE solo and PVE group) with the same three souls.

The pvp one is more MM/Assn

The PVE solo role is way more Ranger hvy for the greater PIG tank.

I know people assume its the standard most popular rogue set up but honestly I have yet to meet another MM/ranger/Assn in game. Its really strange. Maybe they are around I just don't see them.
    Maybe it was because of the nerf to deadeye shot (which was stupid)

Im a bit sad about the emp and dead nerf but I enjoy the class anyhow because mobility is fun; and pve solo with a pig tank is much less stressfull.
    It's much like Ele/Pyro. it's done to death (to the point that I stopped playing Ele/Pyro in an effort to have some individuality), but only because it works really well.

Rift is the first game where I've realized, to my horror, I'm min-maxing.
    Last edited by Selgin; 02-19-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Selgin View Post
    Rift is the first game where I've realized, to my horror, I'm min-maxing.
    Welcome to the Dark Side.... muhahaha!
    We have cookies - and really pointy arrows
    Last edited by Glandur; 02-20-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Soulwalker

New Roles are 30 gold, which is very easy to acquire.

New Souls are available by doing an easy quest.

No reason at all not to have both Ranger and MM...start with Ranger and pick up MM @ 13 or so.

I'm trying out a Ranger/Sin/Nightblade character for questing, swapping in MM for Rifting. Working so well that it will be my release build...assuming no major changes before release.

Shadowlander

where do you find those quests to pick up new souls?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyJay View Post
    where do you find those quests to pick up new souls?

Meridian/Sanctuary

+ Reply to Thread