+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker for PvP?

Rift Master

Default Riftstalker for PvP?

Hey all,

Just trying to get a discussion going on what we all think of this? Personally I think it has quite a bit of merit later on in the game. Once you get your 6 teleports at l32 along with improved gaurdian phase its alot of +15% crit and bubbles. Currently at about 26 my riftstalker is being a standard class, take it like a man, hit like a girl. If I get in there good and early with heals it takes 6 people to bring me down. Im just trying to find some builds that exploit riftstalkers best traits whilst buffing its worst.

Personally I was looking at about 8 points in ranger (hear me out). For that you get +5% health and -6% damage aswell as an instacast ranged snare. The pet is no good post 30 but who cares. The passives are nice enough.

Other than that its hard to see what to pair it with. Bard is a bit of a waste since another bard will always have motif of regen on. Its rare I see anyone without that buff on them. Though then again the 15% health is a very big thing to skip out

Blade dancer? 5% dodge, 50% AA damage and access to a more powerful combopoint generator (the standard riftstalker attack does piss poor damage but huge aggro, its clearly designed for PvE so dropping it for a better one and keeping the attackw hich reduces incoming damage would be nice

Nightblade could be good, ranged DoTs and a ranged snare

Assasain/MM dont really fit

Then we get the PvP soul, Im looking at it (speculatively at least) thinking that once I hit PvP rank 3 it's going to be funny. At that point you can take -50% damage for a few seconds every time your hit by a root or snare, which given melee are near permasnared would be nice. Also 50% reduced DoT time on you, not sure if that means they tick 50% quicker or just for 50% as long (half the damage). Either way it looks like it could make a very powerful addition, the problem still becomes keeping people in melee range. Most people are ranged spammers, i see riftblade, ranger, bard and mage all over the place but very very few melee characters. Second you walk into a group they scatter leaving you unable to build your defences off them (yes you have the teleport shield but what about my 30% armour buff?).

Im not going to be silly enough to post 51 point builds up here now, theres just no point until we know more, riftstalker has the potential to be amazing in PvP I think. Not having the problem traditional tanks have of mobility and being where their needed.

I have seen people pairing it with BD, I personally have tried it with NB however most of the points go into NB just using RS for survival. I seem to do pretty well as long as I am not gangbanged but that is similar to most specs.
    Last edited by Sibylla; 02-19-2011 at 02:27 PM.

riftstalker seems like a perfect way to make an invincable kiter? has anyone had any success with RS/MM/ranger?

I've been running riftstalker/nightblade/pvp build with decent success. It's not a pew-pew build, more a control build I made specifically for Black Garden.

Will FRAPS a few fights and upload videos if I get a chance.

Also am looking at a RS paired with assassin. Shift in while stealth, get those bonuses, attack from stealth, and be able to escape if need be.

Rifstalker mobility is good for kiting/ranged, and getting away, but even better for getting TO a target. Just more dangerous. For instance, one Black Fang match I had 4 carrier kills, took over 41k damage, and was healed for 9k. heh :/

I think this is my Black Garden fang-control build at level 39. It's not perfect yet, and I've only played with it for like 6 or 7 matches, but is useful and fun usually. The damage isn't great, but it's enough to shift in, finish off a fang carrier, pick up the fang and shift to safety. LINK
    Last edited by popsicledeath; 02-20-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

I am thinking about a High Mobility 32 Asa/ 29 RS/ 5 Sab.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....V.MVRftobodzR

This build will have All of the Bleed abilities from Sin as well as incredibly high Crit-chance when coming out of Phase. 2 x 70% Slow abilities 2 Blinds, 2 Stuns, A full disable, CC Immunity AND 4 Teleports.

Tell me what you think.

I've been playing Assa/RS/BD and loved it very much! Riftstalker gives great survivability. Damage is slightly weak, but still did a great job in Warfronts.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....VcxchobMk.x0z
    Last edited by Cinerus; 02-21-2011 at 02:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread