+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking at potential PvE Marks builds

Default Looking at potential PvE Marks builds

I've been playing around with the talent calculator for a while, and I've been trying to find the highest potential single target dps marks build. Had a few questions.

One that I like (yes, it's technically more points in ranger than mm) is this 26/23/17 build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xo00Vh.0VMcx0b

I do have a few questions about it.

The whole "The maximum level of the summoned pet" part of the pets - does that mean that even if you're level 50, the highest level pet you can have is 36? That seems ineffective, so I assume that's not exactly what it means.

Another question (about things I skipped in the marks build) Strafe, Sniper Training, and Penetrating Shots - are any of these worth it as opposed to, say, the points I put into the ends of my ranger and assassin trees? Strafe seems a bit low on dps for such a long cast, sniper training seems like it might not be needed with some end-game gear, and penetrating shots (also same question for piercing shot) - is armor penetration worth it in Rift?) And, is the combination of my extra assassin and/or ranger points better than the 25% I would get from 51 in marks?

Might edit to include a few more builds with questions, but I have a basketball game to watch!

Rift Disciple

I don't think that Armor Pen is NOT worth it, I think its pretty useful.

As for putting more points in the RNG tree, if you are looking for MAX PvE DPS, I think that going MM/SIN/Nightblade, is the best bet, unless SAB'S DEX Bonus is as good as some people think.

But, for leveling you want a pet, however in a dungeon/raid situation, I think MM/SIN/NB is the best bet, the increased damage to combo point abilities and finishers is awesome.

Soulwalker

I know about 2% more than you do so I am answering mostly to see if my assumptions are correct.

I have heard that when you go to a trainer and put points into your pet, that raises his max level.

Ranger tree, get rid of blood rage and take Rain of arrows and trick shot.

Marksman, get/max out penetrating shots. Get rid of sharpshooter, keen eye and one master archer.

Now I'm sure some peeps that know way better than me will say to drop some things altogether but thats beyond me. LOL.

Would like to see if I am correct in what I would do also.
    Last edited by wolfpost; 02-19-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpost View Post
    I know about 2% more than you do so I am answering mostly to see if my assumptions are correct.

I have heard that when you go to a trainer and put points into your pet, that raises his max level.

Ranger tree, get rid of blood rage and take Rain of arrows and trick shot.

Marksman, get/max out penetrating shots. Get rid of sharpshooter, keen eye and one master archer.

Now I'm sure some peeps that know way better than me will say to drop some things altogether but thats beyond me. LOL.

Would like to see if I am correct in what I would do also.
    Don't care about AoE in this build, so not getting rain of arrows or trick shot.

12% armor pen > 3% hit? That doesn't seem likely to me, but I dunno.

Looking at the nightblade, I can't seem to find anything usefull past putting 13 points into the tree. Is smoldering blades (20 points spent ability) really worth wasting points to get to it?

Soulwalker

It's 20% not 12% but I'm going by what I have read others post. I don't see many people taking the 3% increase in "to hit" in the builds they have been posting and most take the 20% from what I see. I just got smoldering myself on my toon but haven't played with it enough to tell if it's worth it. It's hard to tell because i don't know if I'm doing more damage because I leveled or because of the blades or both.
    Last edited by wolfpost; 02-19-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

everything in this game is perfect don't you dare change a dam thing.

+ Reply to Thread