+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Macro for bard

Default Macro for bard

I was thinking, if its possible, to make a macro to cast all my motifs one after the other, so just queue them with 1 button. This would save space on action bars and also allow for faster motifs, as humans are slower than computer when it comes to cast queues.

I just need some help with this as i dont know the commands for macros in Rift, so if anyone knows how to go about doing this, please reply thanks

far as i know its not possible since trion only let you use one ability per a macro, perhaps a G keyboard might do it. Myself i don't see the harm in binding them all to one one button as you said it just saves a lots of action bar slots that makes a ui messy. Do expect some flaming for this posting this since there another 99 threads already asking this and they got the same reply and for trying to dumb the bards down.
    Neurosis - Assassin - Giving Guardians Free Favor Since Beta

There is no 'approved' way to do this.

If you're concerned about inefficiency w.r.t. speed, turn full spell queuing on in the options.

hmm, might do, does it mean i just press lets say 1,2,3,4 on ym keyboard, and the abilities will just cast one after the other? and yea, i looked around a bit for a thread like this, but i didnt see any. everyone who wants to flame can go ahead, it will only be ignored. Sorry for re-posting anyway, just wanted to find out. thanks for answer

P.S. just tried full queue, doesnt seem to do anything, i can still only cast 2 things as queued, the rest wont cast
    Last edited by Ddreadlord; 02-19-2011 at 08:41 AM.

They took this away from us at the beginning of beta 4.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

By the way, if we cant do this, whats the point of Macros? is it just to save like recruitment messages and such to a button?

I know I use macros on my blade dancer build for reactionaries
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Plane Walker

You'll have to use a mouse/keyboard or auto-hotkey macro to do it.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ddreadlord View Post
    P.S. just tried full queue, doesnt seem to do anything, i can still only cast 2 things as queued, the rest wont cast
    Right, but the point is you can always be queued to automatically cast the next Motif as soon as the GCD ends, which means you don't need to worry about being 'less efficient' than a script.

Telaran

it is a good thing you can't do it... just look at aion (where you can do it) its full of bots and you could farm yourself by pressing 1 button...

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionDK View Post
    it is a good thing you can't do it... just look at aion (where you can do it) its full of bots and you could farm yourself by pressing 1 button...
    i understand not being able to use ability's in macros, but as for buffs its really a small difference and wouldn't encourage botting
    Neurosis - Assassin - Giving Guardians Free Favor Since Beta

Quote Originally Posted by VisceralMonkey View Post
    You'll have to use a mouse/keyboard or auto-hotkey macro to do it.
    i guess it could work, to get a keyboard macro. Thanks :P although it doesn't clean up my action bars, but then again, i cant have everything....... or can i?

Quote Originally Posted by serenics View Post
    i understand not being able to use ability's in macros, but as for buffs its really a small difference and wouldn't encourage botting
    That, and for example, on wow, i used macros like "if you click shift+e cast <spell 1> but if u click Ctrl+e cast <spell 2>" which kept my action bars rly clean and my rotation down to 3+2 buttons and the rest being situational so i would just click them with my mouse.

Which obv cant be done here as u can only have one spell/ability per macro
    Last edited by Ddreadlord; 02-19-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddreadlord View Post
    That, and for example, on wow, i used macros like "if you click shift+e cast <spell 1> but if u click Ctrl+e cast <spell 2>" which kept my action bars rly clean and my rotation down to 3+2 buttons and the rest being situational so i would just click them with my mouse.

Which obv cant be done here as u can only have one spell/ability per macro
    you can actually have as many abilities as you want in a macro, but one button press will only execute one ability, being the first in the list that's available.

for example, as a BD you can have the macro

cast Reprisal
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike

which will cast Reprisal if it's proc'd, then it will stop. If you press it again immediatly and PS is available it will cast that. If PS is on CD and Reprisal isn't proc'd it will cast QS

you can also put modifiers in like

cast [shift] move 1
    cast [alt] move 2
    cast [ctrl] move 3

I actually hope they add in a castsequence macro, however it's not that big of a deal. it'd just be nice to be able to clear up some keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by DR0ne View Post
    you can actually have as many abilities as you want in a macro, but one button press will only execute one ability, being the first in the list that's available.

for example, as a BD you can have the macro

cast Reprisal
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Quick Strike

which will cast Reprisal if it's proc'd, then it will stop. If you press it again immediatly and PS is available it will cast that. If PS is on CD and Reprisal isn't proc'd it will cast QS

you can also put modifiers in like

cast [shift] move 1
    cast [alt] move 2
    cast [ctrl] move 3

I actually hope they add in a castsequence macro, however it's not that big of a deal. it'd just be nice to be able to clear up some keybinds.
    wow cool didnt know that, i assumed you cant, since it said "you cannot have more than one ability in one macro" when i tried that. thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast