+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saboteur Charges

Default Saboteur Charges

Hi everyone,

I've been playing a Sab on the BETA and I'm loving it, however, I want to know which weapon the abilities take thier stats from for the "Weapon Damage plus 'X'".

Does anybody know as the information would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
    Haltehk (Kelari Rogue): Rythmic Assassin, Mad Bomber, Leathal Bard, PvP Blade Dancer
    Shotsuon: Cabalist/Inquisitor, Purifier/Sentinel, Jasticar/Shaman

[TROLL SLAYER] - Defeat an internet troll using logic, reason and liberal application of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Haltehk View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been playing a Sab on the BETA and I'm loving it, however, I want to know which weapon the abilities take thier stats from for the "Weapon Damage plus 'X'".

Does anybody know as the information would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
    Main hand for weapon damage.
    I have tested this out along with removing the hand held weapons to see if the ranged weapon does anything. It did not appear to do a thing.
    That being said all stat increases will combine including the ranged stats.
    Put the highest damage weapon in the main hand. NOT dps but highest damage number.
    Last edited by P-51; 02-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks for that, I think Assassin may be the way to go then for all of it's generic weapon damage talents to help me buff my charges then.
    Haltehk (Kelari Rogue): Rythmic Assassin, Mad Bomber, Leathal Bard, PvP Blade Dancer
    Shotsuon: Cabalist/Inquisitor, Purifier/Sentinel, Jasticar/Shaman

[TROLL SLAYER] - Defeat an internet troll using logic, reason and liberal application of fire.

Soulwalker

Default Ranged is better

I actually had a look at this today and if you only have a ranged weapon equiped and no melee you do more damage, simply because you can always find a bow that does more base damage than any melee weapon a rogue can use.

If you use a bow and melee it uses the melee weapon but if you equip no melee weapons it works off bow.

Seeing how at lvl 11 i can get a bow that does 11-21 base damage while the best melee weapon i found so far is 6-10, bow wins out every time and the difference will only get more pronounced as you lvl up. (although my highest toon is admittedly only 34th lvl her being a marksman i have noticed that ranged has much better base damage than melee weapons.)

If your lucky enough to find a weapon a rogue can use that does comparable damage to a bow then do please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormbait View Post
    I actually had a look at this today and if you only have a ranged weapon equiped and no melee you do more damage, simply because you can always find a bow that does more base damage than any melee weapon a rogue can use.

If you use a bow and melee it uses the melee weapon but if you equip no melee weapons it works off bow.

Seeing how at lvl 11 i can get a bow that does 11-21 base damage while the best melee weapon i found so far is 6-10, bow wins out every time and the difference will only get more pronounced as you lvl up. (although my highest toon is admittedly only 34th lvl her being a marksman i have noticed that ranged has much better base damage than melee weapons.)

If your lucky enough to find a weapon a rogue can use that does comparable damage to a bow then do please let me know.
    This quirk ruins a lot of really nice synergy with a couple other souls. It'd be nice if they'd make a firm decision as to which weapon they want to be determining the damage.

+ Reply to Thread