+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So the Blade dancer tree. Opinions? Thoughts?

Soulwalker

Default So the Blade dancer tree. Opinions? Thoughts?

I'm really loving this tree and I want to continue to play it currently I'm pumping my points into BD and leveling Assassin on the side, with Riftstalker for the flash/teleport, but I worry about its actual pve viability with all the defensive talents in this tree was it made for pvp? or simply as support role for the rogue tanks? I like the way it plays and I love the offensive abilities it gets. What are your thoughts on this tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatnhax View Post
    I'm really loving this tree and I want to continue to play it currently I'm pumping my points into BD and leveling Assassin on the side, with Riftstalker for the flash/teleport, but I worry about its actual pve viability with all the defensive talents in this tree was it made for pvp? or simply as support role for the rogue tanks? I like the way it plays and I love the offensive abilities it gets. What are your thoughts on this tree?
    You will be fine. Just learn your build .

Its a great solo leveling soul and it does well in pvp and tanking (not as the main soul but as a secondary).

And I imagine a BD/Sin/NB could pull of some pretty good damage but who really knows without actually testing it all out.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...IuqdRkkR.xh.xb

Was something for like a pve dps build that would be worth a try.

In that build you get paralyzing strike and foul play for stuns which can help with locking down enemies in dungeons
    Last edited by Mondo; 02-18-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Ascendant

i really liked BD when i played it. the silence off the GCD is absolutely amazing. If i go rogue 32/28/6 will be my build NB/BD/sin
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-18-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Rift Disciple

I play BD/Assassin/Nightblade, and the dps is very nice. It's pretty versatile to, because you get lots of different weapon enchants, rythmic skills, and a good assortment of ranged attacks if someone tries to run =)

Hi there, I am playing as dancer/sin/rift (lvl 18), and I was just wondering:

I seem to do fine against mobs, and I pvp'd with another rogue my spec 4 levels higher than me and almost defeated him...but after fighting a druid/sham/sentinel my level, I hardly did any damage to him at all! Just wondering what the strategy to fighting a damaging class with heals is. I opened on him, put up bleeds, slowed him, and teleported out of his range so I could set up again, but between his shields and heals, when he defeated me, he was at full health.. To be fair, I am still learning the class, and fumble over the many abilities (and finishers wtf) that my dancer has. Thank you for any input

That 5s silence on 10s cooldown absolutely wrecks healers in pvp and any caster mobs you fight, I thought BD was a very fun and viable soul as well when I tried it.

Plane Touched

I went with a Bladedancer main, Riftstalker secondary, and Assassin Tertiary (can also take Nightblade). The mobility for that specc is insane, you have 3 or so root/snare breaks (plane shifts and the charge BD gets), and a stun break or two. Plus Dancing Steel is awesome aoe dps, especially when u couple it together with the +30% physical damage cd. Had it crit for 300/sec sometimes, when the moon and stars aligned.

Also, with this specc you get extra crit chance, an absorption shield, and damage when u plane shift. Happy shift hunting!

For leveling you can take the talent that heals you x% of your max health/combo pt. Youll never sit down and drink.

+ Reply to Thread