+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman/Assassin/Nightblade

Default Marksman/Assassin/Nightblade

Sup fellow rogues? I must say I've had the most fun playing as a marksman in this beta! I've tried a warrior, mage and cleric, this is by far the most fun I've had.

That being said, anyone have any good Marksman builds that don't involve a pet? I don't really like rolling with a pet but I love shooting bows and guns and when the mob gets close, unleashing some decent melee on em.

Any help with some variations of this build would be nice. I'm only level 12 so I am not going to bother posting my build. Just know almost all my points are in marksman.

If there's some good builds out there that match well with marksman (aside from ranger) please post.

Thanks!

I'm with you detowne. Played largely with a warrior early but have gone Marksman lately and I find it great fun! And, like you, I don't like the idea of pets aesthetically.

What I've found to be a sound secondary soul is bladedancer and I've toyed with Assassin as well. Bladedancer at 0 has access to 'Side Steps' which I've found invaluable once the tanks and MPDS close. Fire like I know you can at distant targets but eventually one will be upon you. Pop Side Steps which pumps up your dodge by 50% for 15 seconds and you have a much higher chance of kiting away or even going toe to toe with softer melee.

I've also toyed with Assassin a bit but many of their attacks are positional or are used coming out of stealth, not the greatest tool for an archer. Still, the stealth is great for escape or for getting to an excellent position from which to snipe.
    Last edited by SmokeyGB; 02-18-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Why would I want to do that when I have you here to help out?!?! lol thanks for the links!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyGB View Post
    I'm with you detowne. Played largely with a warrior early but have gone Marksman lately and I find it great fun! And, like you, I don't like the idea of pets aesthetically.

What I've found to be a sound secondary soul is bladedancer and I've toyed with Assassin as well. Bladedancer at 0 has access to 'Side Steps' which I've found invaluable once the tanks and MPDS close. Fire like I know you can at distant targets but eventually one will be upon you. Pop Side Steps which pumps up your dodge by 50% for 15 seconds and you have a much higher chance of kiting away or even going toe to toe with softer melee.

I've also toyed with Assassin a bit but many of their attacks are positional or are used coming out of stealth, not the greatest tool for an archer. Still, the stealth is great for escape or for getting to an excellent position from which to snipe.
    Sounds fun I'll look into that....thanks for the help!

+ Reply to Thread