+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth pet

Shadowlander

Default Stealth pet

Hey!

I would like to make a suggestion. Would it be possible to let either one or more of the ranger pets to stealth with the rogue. I know it might be to powerful since both pet and stealth can be gained with no or little points invested. If thats the case perhaps only allow the greater pets to stealth (Perhaps only the greater wolf even) Or make it part of the advanced stealth in the assassin tree. There is almost a ghetto way to do this already with hasten call, t4 in the ranger tree, but it feels cheap somehow and is on a 2min cool down.
    Last edited by Woffer; 02-18-2011 at 07:34 AM.

no sorry...

Shadowlander

awe come on

I could see that as being a high level ability near the top of the tree or the end of the roots. As it is stealth is useless if you have a pet unless you're willing to fight without your pet. In which case, what's the point of having the pet?

Don't all souls go well with every other soul normally? Except the stealthers and Ranger.

Or, why even make it a high level ability? I mean part of the damage a Ranger does is supposed to be the pet. It's a key part of the soul. So why would having the pet stealth be such a bad thing?

Not that a stealthy giant boar makes a whole lot of sense, but Telara is a magical place after all.

We were hoping for this with the Shadow Stalker. However, instead of making it stealth to give it a use, they removed it altogether. Sad Ranger pandas.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Rangers aren't a stealth class so I wouldn't expect them to get a stealthing pet.

The Ranger soul may not be a stealth soul, but 3 of the Rogue souls are. We are supposed to mix and match to our heart's content. It wouldn't make much sense prowling around in the shadows with a pet clomping along behind you. I don't think it would have been game breaking or really any more powerful to have made the Shadow Stalker stealth. It really isn't a big deal since there is the instant summon ability near the top of the tree, but it would have been nice.
    Finkle: Dwarven Rogue
    Vanguard

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Finkle View Post
    The Ranger soul may not be a stealth soul, but 3 of the Rogue souls are. We are supposed to mix and match to our heart's content. It wouldn't make much sense prowling around in the shadows with a pet clomping along behind you. I don't think it would have been game breaking or really any more powerful to have made the Shadow Stalker stealth. It really isn't a big deal since there is the instant summon ability near the top of the tree, but it would have been nice.
    If you're stealthed then all anyone would see is a wild boar heading off in some direction. If the pet didn't generate hate while you were stealthed it could work. Unfortunately this wouldn't work in PVP lol

Quote Originally Posted by Woffer View Post
    Hey!

I would like to make a suggestion. Would it be possible to let either one or more of the ranger pets to stealth with the rogue. I know it might be to powerful since both pet and stealth can be gained with no or little points invested. If thats the case perhaps only allow the greater pets to stealth (Perhaps only the greater wolf even) Or make it part of the advanced stealth in the assassin tree. There is almost a ghetto way to do this already with hasten call, t4 in the ranger tree, but it feels cheap somehow and is on a 2min cool down.
    Please no, PLEASE NO
    Yours ,

Lord Haart™
    (Lord Gerald Haart Holmgard)
    > Visit Haartworld™ Here <

+ Reply to Thread