+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poisons and charges

Telaran

Default Poisons and charges

I am about positive this has been asked so I am sure I will get some flamers on this thread but there are over 1k threads and thats a bit much to sift through..... so here it is! Does the poisons from the Assassin sould effect charges since they are weapon based dmg? or am I wasting my time using the poison spell since I hardly shhot a arrow and definitely don't melee.....

I am Marksman/Assassin so I do both ranged and melee whether I am doing pve or pvp. I always use the poisons since they do help with damage. So if I shoot an arrow or use a melee on the target there is a chance that a little extra damage is done to my target. Hope this helps with what your asking.

Telaran

Recently, it was stated that charges were changed to count as poisons. So hypothetically the Assassin's "Poison Potency" talent should increase charge dmg by 15% which is nice.
    Last edited by Mithicor; 02-18-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mithicor View Post
    Recently, it was stated that charges were changed to count as poisons. So hypothetically the Assassin's "Poison Potency" talent should increase charge dmg by 15% which is nice.
    yes but Im wondering if having poisons applied to weapons will proc on charges when you set them off since they are counted as a poison and the poison talent increases their dmg

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by xxxpewpewpwnxxxx View Post
    yes but Im wondering if having poisons applied to weapons will proc on charges when you set them off since they are counted as a poison and the poison talent increases their dmg
    Well I do know that playing as a Sab my poisons are proccing, but I don't know if they are only from my auto attacks or not.

Rift Disciple

I've never seen a weapon effect proc on Detonate, although I haven't tried assassin poisons specifically since the open changes changes. I did use Virulent Poison in beta 5.

I do see the lifetap from my planar essence, but that's not a class restricted item and is probably meant to proc on spell casts as well as weapon attacks.

When you play as a sab and stack charges and detonate you don't hit your target with an actual weapon for weapon damage ect. So you wont get those Sin weapon coatings to proc, since your not using an actual equipped weapon to do damage to the target. Now the poison potency should still work nicely, but if your hoping for those weapon buffs to proc from detonate then I think you'll be a sad panda.

Soulwalker

I only have a lvl 19 but I was running sin/nb/sab with most points in assassin trying to get to the poison talent. What I saw going through the combat logs manually was that nothing seemed to proc off charges, not the hellfire blade effect,nor poisons, nor serrated blades.

I felt I was doing pretty good damage, but when I saw how none of those talents went off on charges, only ever with melee attacks, I switched out sab for riftstalker for survivability.

I then made a second role and went sab/ran/nb with most points in sab and I found that my damage seemed to go down, not really sure why.
    Last edited by Bulldoghk; 02-21-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Soulwalker

Around 17ish, your dps values start to go down as a sab who detonates only if you don't manage to crit.

The scale of burst to how much hp the mobs have starts to change drastically; while your dps on detonate still scales linearly. I went with the lovely "no aggro" option so I could run the 5 charges up at the beginning and starting at about lvl 14 a 5 charge followed by a 3 charge just wouldn't drop the mob anymore.

Gotta be creative! set things up. Like slow them down with 20% and add the dot charges for single pulls.

Oh and your trap is somewhat useful for short durations.

+ Reply to Thread