+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to do with a MM/Ranger build once you hit 30?

Plane Walker

Default What to do with a MM/Ranger build once you hit 30?

Been playing a MM/Ranger/Bard combo (primary MM, secondary Ranger, tertiary Bard) and having a blast. I am completely amazed at how fast I kill stuff while soloing/questing compared to my DPS warrior builds or DPS cleric builds. At level 10 I'm seeing crits in the 230-250 range on my MM and can kill most even level mobs in 4 shots.

I want to primarily be a marksman but pretty much just took ranger for the pet to hold aggro. My concern with this build, though, is that if I spec mostly into marksman after level 30 the pet will be come useless since it will no longer hold aggro. This would leave me with a second soul that is somewhat useless.

My question for players who have played past level 30 and specced heavily into the MM soul (and ranger early on for leveling), is what did you with your spec post level 30? Did you drop ranger and pick up something else? If so, what? My fear is committing the time to play a marksman only to find post level 30 there really isn't a good complimentary soul.

Feedback is appreciated!

respec to 24 in ranger for the new pet then start going back up the MM tree again, it's like starting over again :/

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    respec to 24 in ranger for the new pet then start going back up the MM tree again, it's like starting over again :/
    So would something like 24 points in ranger and 31 points in MM be a good build for soloing/questing? Post level 30 do your pets scale all the way to 50?

yea theres no avoiding that damn lvl 30 mark, it sucks but eh, i loved the mm first build since i was good at soloing in pve and very viable in open world pvp, but bleh i guess at 30+ were gonna have to watch our ***** more for a few lvl.

Soulwalker

I'm still leveling my marksman but I'm curious what happens at 30?

Do we just start to do more damage than the piggy can hold?

Rift Disciple

i'm pretty sure the 0 point pet becomes obsolete at lvl 30.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    i'm pretty sure the 0 point pet becomes obsolete at lvl 30.
    I guess I'll find out....but I still have 7 levels to go myself on my marks/ranger character.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    This is what I had to do to make the pet work, u need to push ranger.. once at 50 you can adjust back some to keep the pet. but u need 24pst to keep the pet at your level, else he will get 2 hit killed by higher level mobs...
    Drive it like u stole it

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wigett View Post
    This is what I had to do to make the pet work, u need to push ranger.. once at 50 you can adjust back some to keep the pet. but u need 24pst to keep the pet at your level, else he will get 2 hit killed by higher level mobs...
    So with 24 points in ranger your pet is a lvl 50 pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillamax View Post
    Lol well im not 50, the cap is 42 atm, but im 35 and my pet is 35 once i did the swap, and summoned the greater.... razor beast.. the level came in line with me. and he did not die fast.. like before
    Drive it like u stole it

only if you're lvl 50.

basically, if you don't get the "call greater razorbeast" root skill with 24 points in ranger, your regular razorbeast will stop gaining levels once it hits 30. so you can be level 35, call out the razorbeast and it'll be level 30. call out the greater razorbeast, and it'll be whatever level you are currently.

Soulwalker

Been playing a MM/Ranger/Bard combo (primary MM, secondary Ranger, tertiary Bard) and having a blast. I am completely amazed at how fast I kill stuff while soloing/questing compared to my DPS warrior builds or DPS cleric builds. At level 10 I'm seeing crits in the 230-250 range on my MM and can kill most even level mobs in 4 shots.

I want to primarily be a marksman but pretty much just took ranger for the pet to hold aggro. My concern with this build, though, is that if I spec mostly into marksman after level 30 the pet will be come useless since it will no longer hold aggro. This would leave me with a second soul that is somewhat useless.

My question for players who have played past level 30 and specced heavily into the MM soul (and ranger early on for leveling), is what did you with your spec post level 30? Did you drop ranger and pick up something else? If so, what? My fear is committing the time to play a marksman only to find post level 30 there really isn't a good complimentary soul.

Feedback is appreciated!
    Respec into ranger, it does more damage than MM anyways.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Soull View Post
    only if you're lvl 50.

basically, if you don't get the "call greater razorbeast" root skill with 24 points in ranger, your regular razorbeast will stop gaining levels once it hits 30. so you can be level 35, call out the razorbeast and it'll be level 30. call out the greater razorbeast, and it'll be whatever level you are currently.
    Perfect!! Thank you. This is good to know. I'm really loving my MM/ranger/bard build right now, but just have this sneaking suspicion that MMs will be nerfed post release (unless MM damage doesn't scale well as they level). At level 13 hitting crits for 300-400 is head and shoulders above what any of my other DPS toons can do (granted, I have yet to try a mage).

Maybe that is why there are so many rogues in the warfronts.

+ Reply to Thread