+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playing a sab

Default Playing a sab

This saboteur soul is the wierdest class I ever saw. Don't even know how to play it.

Do you use ranged support souls and range playstyle or melee ones ?
    Do you just spam charge and detonate from level 2 to 50 ?
    Doesn't doing nothing for 8 seconds (5 x 1.5 sec gcd) cause you to drop on the contribution counter in public groups ? Not to mention a lot of mobs in public groups die from other players before you even get to detonate.

Yeah I dont know. I really like Saboteurs for their damage but I like Marskmen also. Not sore which way I want to go.

yea its really littlebit like 24/7 pushing on button 1 and 2, but in PvP im using all skills and that is where fun beggin.

Soulwalker

Yep, I'm purposefully staying out of open beta, except to tool around up to level 10 or so. I plan on making a Sabo my main, only because I've never played a class like it in previous mmo's. The backloaded damage is very unique and with the similarities other classes in this game have with previous mmo's I'm stoked to finally play something different.

The last class I played that was truly unique was the AC2 Tactician, god that was fun.

Anyway I'm struggling to find other classes that synergize with the sabo. Considering they're a ranged class I assume taking other classes that are ranged wouldn't be ideal. Although a ranger for the pet would be pretty good to use as you level up. I was thinking riftstalker for a tad more survivability and the ability to flash/blink/port whatever away from overwhelming situations.

Regardless, it might seem monotonous to spam a couple buttons all day, but in the end rotations will be setup for every class come dungeon/raiding so having ours early with a few utility skills available is all the better.

I paired my Sab with Marksman, so I had a few ranged hits when I thought the mob was gonna die so fast that I might not get a detonate off. I also took Ranger to let the pig tank a bit while I stacked the charges.

Kept 0 points in the Ranger, and I would flip to Bard if I jumped in a rift group, and pvp soul when I did warfronts. Just kept rotating the 0 point soul for whatever I was doing.
    Main Character: Chranos - Cleric, Shatterbone

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Doesn't doing nothing for 8 seconds (5 x 1.5 sec gcd) cause you to drop on the contribution counter in public groups ?
    Check who's above you on the contribution list, this is why they gave you Incriminate.

More seriously, the rogue GCD is only one second, and charges are still abilities and do give some contribution even if you don't get a chance to blow them (think buffs/debuffs). And a sab in full AE mode can really tear the place up, I love playing defense during zone invasions, when the invaders end up stacked six deep around the wardstones. If everything is near dead and you won't be able to stack charges in time, switch to bombs.

+ Reply to Thread