+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bard/Cacadence suggestion..

Telaran

Default Bard/Cacadence suggestion..

Here's the deal: Bards are squishy as hell, provide lots of benefits for their team, and currently deal a tad too much damage, and therefore, aoe healing, via talented use of Cacadence.

Suggestion: Nerf Cacadence damage with x%, (5, 10, 20?) which will also lessen it's healing power. Lower the energy cost by y%. And allow us to channel Cacadence (and other channeled Bard spells) on the move. This will give us more survivability in PvP, while making us give up a bit of PvE strength for it.

And frankly, I've yet seen a musician who cannot move about while playing an instrument.

edit: I've already given ingame feedback on this, just hoping to find some additional support for my arguments here.
    Last edited by wrajjt; 02-18-2011 at 12:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

Umm... No.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lodoz View Post
    Umm... No.
    Care to elaborate?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by wrajjt View Post
    And frankly, I've yet seen a musician who cannot move about while playing an instrument.
    I haven't met one that can play an instrument while getting hit in the face with an axe either...

Here's the deal: Bards are squishy as hell, provide lots of benefits for their team, and currently deal a tad too much damage, and therefore, aoe healing, via talented use of Cacadence.

Suggestion: Nerf Cacadence damage with x%, (5, 10, 20?) which will also lessen it's healing power. Lower the energy cost by y%. And allow us to channel Cacadence (and other channeled Bard spells) on the move. This will give us more survivability in PvP, while making us give up a bit of PvE strength for it.

edit: I've already given ingame feedback on this, just hoping to find some additional support for my arguments here.
    Are we playing the same class? I'm not sure what on earth you've been doing with your Bard, but my Bard certainly isn't squishy. I have a ridiculously big health pool, stupid amounts of healing capabilities and having a snaring ability, I can also kite.

We're a support class, we don't do high amounts of damage (although some soul combinations allow us to dish out a respectable amount, but nothing compared to pure damage dealing souls). Cadence's damage is low already and is only really used for its AoE healing effect.

I suggest you switch around some of your souls and adapt your play style because I think you're doing something wrong. Cadence is fine as it is.

Happy barding!
    Last edited by Avir; 02-18-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Default lol

Quote Originally Posted by Katalystik View Post
    I haven't met one that can play an instrument while getting hit in the face with an axe either...
    So true. Got a quick laugh out of that.
    Defiant will make the future ,, not those lost gods!

Find Lethal Synergy at : http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Lethal+Synergy

I liked the parts where he said "cacadence".

Quote Originally Posted by Avir View Post
    Are we playing the same class? I'm not sure what on earth you've been doing with your Bard, but my Bard certainly isn't squishy. I have a ridiculously big health pool, stupid amounts of healing capabilities and having a snaring ability, I can also kite.

We're a support class, we don't do high amounts of damage (although some soul combinations allow us to dish out a respectable amount, but nothing compared to pure damage dealing souls). Cadence's damage is low already and is only really used for its AoE healing effect.

I suggest you switch around some of your souls and adapt your play style because I think you're doing something wrong. Cadence is fine as it is.

Happy barding!
    This.^^^^^

If you think Cadence's damage is too high, you haven't tried any other souls.

This will give us more survivability in PvP, while making us give up a bit of PvE strength for it.
    It is a miracle no one hated on you for that sentence yet...

As to the idea, i would love to have cadence on the move but i think it is fine as it is.
    If we could have it on the move i would open a bard guild and take 6 bards cadence spamming into Warfront.

Maybe we wouldnt win but it would be funny as hell

Yay, another morning, another load of silly threads whining about Bards Cadence.

Good heavens, it's been proven that any skilled DPS could easily take down a target that is being healed by Cadence. I hate the whole L2P thing, but that's what this is coming to.

No, Cadence doesn't heal too much. No, Cadence doesn't do too much damage.

Seriously, I've tried my hardest to solo as a Bard main soul, and even with my past experiences of leveling as a Cleric in old school EQ, leveling as a Resto Druid in WoW and a Holy Paladin in WoW, this was frustrating.

Any soul of Rogue can do a LOT more damage than a Bard. Any well played Cleric is more useful at handling burst damage.

As for Cadence on the run, THEN you could complain about Bards being OP. Part of the balancing factor of a Bard is the fact that they HAVE to stay still to get the damage/healing they do get. Knockbacks, LoS, having to move during things like the fire crystals in DSM, they can all screw with a Bard. Oh, and you do know that Cadence can miss, right? Ever see a Cleric spell miss on their target?

TBH, Bard is the one soul that DOES feel balanced. Bard is a support soul. I did DSM last night as a Bard (28 pts)/Assassin (5 pts in Crit)/Ranger (4 pts in Crit). I topped the healing meters, but when the tank was taking bursts of damage, I couldn't do anything about it. I just HELPED the Cleric mitigate some of the damage while chaining my Motifs, debuffing the targets and providing a bit of damage.

Lesson: Most Healing /= Best Healing
    Bard = Support

LYANNA
    Rogue and Raid Leader of Grievance
    www.grievanceguild.com

Another sad, sad person.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Telaran

I love playing a bard, it's the most fun I've had with any support class in any MMO.
    I know that Im not a main healer and I can't keep someone alive through massive bursts of damage but I can keep alot of people healthy with backup healing and buffs.

But if someone decides to kill me and I don't get support I die, it sucks but the problem lies with pugs not the soul.

I've also seen alot of people putting themselves at unessecery risks but not having any awereness of where they are standing.

Um... bard's doing too much damage? really?

Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Um... bard's doing too much damage? really?
    LOL, this, 10 times over.

A real Bard, as in the kind that actually specs full support Bard, isn't a DPS machine.

Yeah, you can go a few points into Bard to get the healing Cadence to support your other souls, but then you are something else with a Splash of Bard.

Bards don't have the big DPS.

LYANNA
    Rogue and Raid Leader of Grievance
    www.grievanceguild.com

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Avir View Post

Happy barding!
    Have to agree, my Bard isn't squishy by any means. With my motifs up, cad doing damage/healing and extra points in Rift for the extra healing, I'm do pretty well.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast